Who's the dev responsible for engi

in Engineer

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Since red post are kinda rare in our subforum and i teally envy revenant one for the consistent feedback from Roy, i’d like to know who will deliver our elite spec.
Come out of the shadow!

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Engineer

Posted by: Knox.8962

Knox.8962

Everyone knows that most engineers are introverted.

in Engineer

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

Even necro is getting more attention than Engi now. That’s just WOW.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Even necro is getting more attention than Engi now. That’s just WOW.

Well Duh.

Because they are working on changes for the Elite Specialization. Once the engineers is out, it will get some attention as well.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: NineLives.8725

NineLives.8725

Steve Ballmer …

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

I do not like the thought that we publicly assign specific developers to be responsible for classes. We have seen developers get attacked by unhappy users before so we know some people on this forum can not be trusted with the power to blame specific developers for balance decisions they do not agree with.

For ArenaNets employees own safty, I strongly recommend they do not give the public any information on who is and is not responsible for specific features or balance decisions.

in Engineer

Gaaroth.2567

Well we know on what class Roy and Gee are working on…
Also we know is always a team effort but is good to have a voice and a person to reach when we want to leave a feedback: again look at the rev subforum…the positivity is overwhelming…would be awesome to have that here too …

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

Also we know is always a team effort but is good to have a voice and a person to reach when we want to leave a feedback: again look at the rev subforum…the positivity is overwhelming…would be awesome to have that here too …

Hard to be positive with all thats wrong with Engi at the moment, from bugs to traits that are very disjointed and in some cases contradicting.

in Engineer

Knox.8962

Hard to be positive with all thats wrong with Engi at the moment, from bugs to traits that are very disjointed and in some cases contradicting.

Engy is one of the highest DPS classes in PvE, has a solid place in the sPvP meta, a secure spot as a WvW roamer, and also can be useful as a support caster in zerg fights.

Nope, nothing to be positive about here at all.

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

Engy is one of the highest DPS classes in PvE, has a solid place in the sPvP meta, a secure spot as a WvW roamer, and also can be useful as a support caster in zerg fights.

Nope, nothing to be positive about here at all.

We could be BETTER, all Adept Inventions options are bugged in some way.
Minor traits in tools and Adrenal Implant dont stack, so taking adrenal implant renders 2 minors useless but still outperforms it.
Firearms is near useless.
Condition engineer and associated traits are a mess if you take away this burning abuse.
Magnet is one of our best skills but bugged.
Elixirs and associated traits have a number of bugs.
Pistol still not baseline stuff as promised.
Grenades or go home, no bombs for you because you will be gimping yourself to hell.
I could go on and on and on…

Honestly we could be so much better with a bit of attention from someone willing to fix these issues.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Don’t mistake stating current intentions with promises. They promised nothing, they gave a preview of their intentions and what was being worked on.

Now I do hope they give pistol a little love though. And, of course bugs need fixing.

But, we’re still pretty well off and I don’t have much to complain about.

in Engineer

Knox.8962

I won’t argue that there are issues, although I strongly disagree with some of the examples you listed, but that doesn’t make the class weak or unusable.

Engy currently has the highest sustained DPS in the game, (using bombs actually) and was a key piece of the sPvP championship tournament.

The class isn’t in a bad spot currently, and the development time is better spent making sure that the elite spec is as useful as the existing ones.

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

Engy currently has the highest sustained DPS in the game, (using bombs actually)

With Bombs? Based on what? The entire explosives (bar short fuse) is balanced around 3 nades vs 1 bomb.

in Engineer

Knox.8962

Engy currently has the highest sustained DPS in the game, (using bombs actually)

With Bombs? Based on what? The entire explosives (bar short fuse) is balanced around 3 nades vs 1 bomb.

See here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Sinister-Gear-vs-Zerker-PvE/first#post5402515

in Engineer

Jerus.4350

The condi build utilizes fire/concussion bombs as pretty big parts of the build. Though of course you’re still using grenades and especially grenade1 filler.

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

The condi build utilizes fire/concussion bombs as pretty big parts of the build. Though of course you’re still using grenades and especially grenade1 filler.

Concussion barely has an impact, its only JUST optimal for the cast time.
As for Fire bomb, burning abuse, as mentioned. Burning is stupidly overtuned.

in Engineer

Knox.8962

Less than 50% of the condition damage is burning, and only about a third of total damage comes from burning.

in Engineer

Gaaroth.2567

Still that’s not the point. What i’d like to have is a chance to have meaningful discussion and provide positive feedback like Revenant subforum…Rev has bugs and in many places is undertuned too, but i do not see harsh talk there. Instead there good discussion that will make class great…all i want is the same chancefor our amazing class!

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Engineer

Jerus.4350

Still that’s not the point. What i’d like to have is a chance to have meaningful discussion and provide positive feedback like Revenant subforum…Rev has bugs and in many places is undertuned too, but i do not see harsh talk there. Instead there good discussion that will make class great…all i want is the same chancefor our amazing class!

If the other reveals are any sign, we will get this chance, after we see what ours actually is. As far as talking about what’s currently in the game, talk, they do read stuff, maybe when they get back to engi they’ll take the time to fix some of our issues first (like bomb range).

in Engineer

Posted by: Inflames.8026

Inflames.8026

I almost exclusivly play engineer. It is a fun class and it can do so much. But that does not excuse the bugs and glitches the profession suffers from.

Is the engineer in a good spot pve,pvp,WvW wise? Yes
Is it flawless? Far from it.

We all want the profession to function like we want it to right?

in Engineer

Gaaroth.2567

Yeah let’s hope to be more intimate to the dev once the elite spec is revealed…won’t mind some word before tho.

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Engineer

Knox.8962

What do you expect somebody to say before the spec comes out? “Hey guys, I’m working on some stuff for you, but I can’t tell you about it yet. I just wanted to let you know. kthx bai.”

in Engineer

Posted by: Helcor.9527

Helcor.9527

As a wvw mainly worried engie….pls dazzle me….HAMMER TIME

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

What do you expect somebody to say before the spec comes out? “Hey guys, I’m working on some stuff for you, but I can’t tell you about it yet. I just wanted to let you know. kthx bai.”

The concern right now isn’t the elite spec, its the bugs and traits in their current state.

in Engineer

Knox.8962

Perhaps you haven’t noticed that the Thief and Ranger forums are also lacking in Dev posts. There is a whole lot of focus on the expansion stuff right now by the dev team, and not much attention on non-gamebreaking items on the live content side. It isn’t a coincidence that the classes that don’t have forum activity are the ones that haven’t had elite specs revealed yet.

in Engineer

Gaaroth.2567

Let’s hope then! Anet reveal engi this monday! Please? PLEASE???! <3

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

Don’t expect anything besides the pax stuff next week. They will be showing off Challenging group content durring the weekend.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Necro here. Would just like to point out that Engineers are by far not the only profession with bugs. As mentioned, the professions getting the dev attention right now are the ones that have had their elite specializations revealed. This is due to Anet focusing on getting these specs polished up and finished with help from player feedback. And like most professIons, Engineers are in a good spot and not in need of emergency fixing. So, just be patient, wait your turn, and Webb the time comes try to provide legitimate and constructive feedback.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Posted by: paladinecho.3024

paladinecho.3024

LoL at waiting turn while being condi to death by a necro. Engi is a fun class, however it is lacking in survivablity in the realm of healing. In other words all of the engi healing sucks at the moment.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

LoL at waiting turn while being condi to death by a necro. Engi is a fun class, however it is lacking in survivablity in the realm of healing. In other words all of the engi healing sucks at the moment.

My main is an Engineer. Condi weakness has always been an issue and is better now than it has been recently. Dev responses are concerning new specializations coming with the expansion, not with current issues that are already widely known.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Not this week but engi is definitely next since ranger is last and thief has to be neglected.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Engineer

coglin.1867

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/How-to-Give-Good-Feedback

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Not this week but engi is definitely next since ranger is last and thief has to be neglected.

Can you provide a link to Ranger being last? I was under the impression they are being shown in the order they are ready, and I’ve got the impression Engi is furthest from ready.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: caerulean.4837

caerulean.4837

Can you provide a link to Ranger being last? I was under the impression they are being shown in the order they are ready, and I’ve got the impression Engi is furthest from ready.

What gives you that impression? I personally can’t tell which is going to be announced last.

in Engineer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Necro here. Would just like to point out that Engineers are by far not the only profession with bugs. As mentioned, the professions getting the dev attention right now are the ones that have had their elite specializations revealed. This is due to Anet focusing on getting these specs polished up and finished with help from player feedback. And like most professIons, Engineers are in a good spot and not in need of emergency fixing.

There are a large number of bugs that prevent whole kits from being used. If they have time to make the balance changes they have they should fix large bugs.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Engineer

coglin.1867

Necro here. Would just like to point out that Engineers are by far not the only profession with bugs. As mentioned, the professions getting the dev attention right now are the ones that have had their elite specializations revealed. This is due to Anet focusing on getting these specs polished up and finished with help from player feedback. And like most professIons, Engineers are in a good spot and not in need of emergency fixing.

There are a large number of bugs that prevent whole kits from being used. If they have time to make the balance changes they have they should fix large bugs.

What kit are you declaring “cannot be used”?

I used the EG/Mortar/Bombs tonight and they worked well. Some tPvP teams were streaming with a FT build and that kit seemed fine. A recent PvP tourney was won with an engineer using TK, so that covers them all. I am curious how you define “cannot be used” when it comes to a kit? Extreme hyperbole?

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

What gives you that impression? I personally can’t tell which is going to be announced last.

Fair question. Back when the specialization changes were being previewed prior to the June patch, every other profession had screenshots of their changes. Presumably from their internal test server. Engineer was the only profession to not show any screenshots but just a slideshow.

Although that may not be directly related to the elite spec progress that gave me the impression Engi development is lagging behind.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

morrolan.9608

What kit are you declaring “cannot be used”?

I used the EG/Mortar/Bombs tonight and they worked well. Some tPvP teams were streaming with a FT build and that kit seemed fine. A recent PvP tourney was won with an engineer using TK, so that covers them all. I am curious how you define “cannot be used” when it comes to a kit? Extreme hyperbole?

Yeah OK its hyperbolic but the bomb radius bug is a pretty significant bug as is the magnet on TK being close to useless.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in Engineer

paladinecho.3024

Bombs are so win. The mortar kit makes up for our ranged problem so we don’t need grenades as much unless you just want the power.

Now it would be nice if we could give healing bombs back to that “sustained DPS” because they gave alot of survivability in zergs and 1v1 fights. Add that to that healing power to attack power conversion and we have a much more stable engineer that doesn’t die instantly when hit by a zerg. Alot of good high dps does when you are throwing rocks and junk on the ground because you don’t have the heals and attack power to back you up.

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Bombs are so win. The mortar kit makes up for our ranged problem so we don’t need grenades as much unless you just want the power.

Now it would be nice if we could give healing bombs back to that “sustained DPS” because they gave alot of survivability in zergs and 1v1 fights. Add that to that healing power to attack power conversion and we have a much more stable engineer that doesn’t die instantly when hit by a zerg. Alot of good high dps does when you are throwing rocks and junk on the ground because you don’t have the heals and attack power to back you up.

mortar is slow, weak and most of the time the projectile finisher doesnt work. The only good things about it are that you can aim it at your feet to get fields and the orbital strike(that one is seriosly kitten). As a ranged weapon it blows…my untraited rifle´s AA is more relyable then mortar aa…and does more damage ontop of it… thanks 28% damage nerf.. couldnt have done it without ya. Also it looks like a lvl 5 rifle…fitting for its damage output.

in Engineer

coglin.1867

That is not actually true in my opinion. The ranged fields are great for WvW. Particularly the ranged water field. I agree the damage nerf was uncalled for, but to claim the fields are only good to shoot at your own feet seems like an absurd statement to me.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

medkit is pretty unusable even if it isnt bugged… lol
it feels gross with ground targeting because of how small the impact of each skill is, and yet i still want ground targeting because one of the most useful things med kit can do is give swiftness to someone else (ie your yak in wvw). the 1 feels gross because it does nothing for you. the toolbelt as a healing skill is inadequate compared to H and turret because it has to be balanced around you having a full 6 skills with the kit, but the cast times for all of the rest of the things spread the effects out so much that you cant justify the time they take in the heat of battle.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Medkit seems…. pretty lame. What is with that 1 skill?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Engineer

paladinecho.3024

Whoever thought of the idea of this new medkit was definitely not in favor of helping out the engi. If this person also thought it would be better than Elixir Infused bombs, they should be defenestrated and beaten with a Giver’s Pearl Rod until they understand how bad the medkit really is. Also still want the healing bombs back.

(edited by paladinecho.3024)

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

I pray that we get one day a possiblity to handle condis

in Engineer

morrolan.9608

Whoever thought of the idea of this new medkit was definitely not in favor of helping out the engi. .

The idea of it is fine, in fact it was well received when they did their initial class changes stream, its the implementation that has sucked.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in Engineer

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Wait for elite spec. This forum will turn red :P

in Engineer

paladinecho.3024

The elite spec sounds like it is going to not be good. Why are people frowning on it before it has even hit?

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

The elite spec sounds like it is going to not be good. Why are people frowning on it before it has even hit?

3 year record of the engi class makes most people have a few…trust issues, also the engi devs just love to nerf stuff to oblivion and make it unusable in ALL game modes not only pvp and then take months for fixing it (bomb kit anyone? Turrets that take friggin condi damage?)….also drones smell like AI, alone that most likely makes em unrelyable and so far everything nice they added came with a huge nerf to something else or itself within a short period (for example 28% mortar AA nerf within 24 hours of release of the kit without any explaination and even now its intended purpose still doesnt work proper). Also hobosacks anybody? 2,5 years to fix that…and still leaves you with ugly bomb kit (that btw still misses some ranges) and a mortar that looks like a lvl 5 rifle. Also promises like the pistol AA beeing an explosion what it still isnt and so on… yea.. if the forge is actually nice i gladly eat my words.. as for now…there are my reasons for my frown.