Why I'm Excited for Forge

in Engineer

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

I’ve owned and played this game since I got it for Christmas 2012. I’ve unfortunately never been able to get an engi past level 30 or so. I think the main reason is the weapons and utility skills. I think the pistol is a little too Batman for me, Rifle is… K, and I just don’t like shield all that much. When I tried rolling an engineer I was expecting a mechanical boss and only really got that feel from turrets and a few kits. Essentially, engineer just wasn’t what I was looking for, which is a shame because I frikkin love them traits! I’m really looking forward to the flavour of engi hammer and Drones sound PERFECT; I can’t wait to see if Forge will bring me back for another go at engi!

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Forge?

We have confirmation of the professions elite specialization?

Got a link?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

There’s no “Official” confirmation, but that’s the expected name from data one stuff. It was referenced by that name in today’s Dulfy post with stuff data mined from the patch.

in Engineer

Posted by: Faction.4013

Faction.4013

Forge?

Got a link?

Datamined Pic.

http://i.imgur.com/TgYrZye.png

in Engineer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

For some reason it seems like the spec will be power based but more so of like a hunter. I can see the drones just there for targeting buffs and dps boosts, but the engineer its self might end up being like a predator with no cloak or mabye we will get a cloaking drone? oh that would be saweeet

in Engineer

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

It could use a rename that makes it sound like a proper heroic e-spec and not just a furnace.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

in Engineer

Treetoptrickster.4205

It could use a rename that makes it sound like a proper heroic e-spec and not just a furnace.

First thing: Lol.

Second thing: Forge sounds pretty heroic. Wouldn’t mind at all if that really does turn out to be the name. Other acceptable names are Tony Stark and Eggman.

in Engineer

Posted by: Orcinus Orca.8627

Orcinus Orca.8627

For some reason it seems like the spec will be power based

I think it a mix of power and condi. In the HoT Announcement Trailer the attacks have a “burning weapon” effect with a “fiery explosion” effect at the end.

in Engineer

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Furnace actually sounds better than forge. Would still pref Demolisher.

in Engineer

Treetoptrickster.4205

I wonder if we’re going to get the Reaper’s chill treatment, but with burning.

in Engineer

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Don’t think so. We already got some decent condition options with pistols/bombs etc. Sounds more like a Power/melee/Fury driven spec.

in Engineer

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Don’t think so. We already got some decent condition options with pistols/bombs etc. Sounds more like a Power/melee/Fury driven spec.

I thinks he means we will be nerfed as necros

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

in Engineer

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Treetoptrickster.4205
I’ve owned and played this game since I got it for Christmas 2012. I’ve unfortunately never been able to get an engi past level 30 or so. I think the main reason is the weapons and utility skills. I think the pistol is a little too Batman for me, Rifle is… K, and I just don’t like shield all that much

Pistol is too Batman? Not sure what that means but nothing is TOO Batman.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I don’t know, Christian Bale’s voice was a bit too batman

Looking forward to see what they do. I really think we’re pretty well covered for the general weapon types. P/P = condi, P/S = defense/control, Rifle = Control/Power.

What I’m hoping for is the one thing we don’t have, a weapon that can stand on it’s own for damage. Right now at least in PVE point of view you’re simply sub par if you don’t use kits. Now I don’t want it to completely overshadow kits, but a weapon that can be used with elixirs and other utilities and not completely hamstring your effectiveness would be quite nice.

in Engineer

Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205
I’ve owned and played this game since I got it for Christmas 2012. I’ve unfortunately never been able to get an engi past level 30 or so. I think the main reason is the weapons and utility skills. I think the pistol is a little too Batman for me, Rifle is… K, and I just don’t like shield all that much

Pistol is too Batman? Not sure what that means but nothing is TOO Batman.

I mean it just does so much. It’s like a utility belt in itself! Explosive bullets, poison unloads, electrified bullets, flame vent, and glue pellets. It’s just a tad too crazy. XD

in Engineer

Genesis.8572

Second thing: Forge sounds pretty heroic. Wouldn’t mind at all if that really does turn out to be the name. Other acceptable names are Tony Stark and Eggman.

“Forge” sounds like an ‘it.’ An object or a location, but not a person, an archetype, or a playstyle.

Tarnished Coast

in Engineer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

“Forge” sounds like an ‘it.’ An object or a location, but not a person, an archetype, or a playstyle.

This, its bizarre to me.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Engineer

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

It might fall more in-line with the “Tempest”, in that a tempest is a thing rather than a person. However, despite the clunky-ness, I could see it being pretty cool:

“I’m not just an engineer; I am the Forge. I create the weapons and machines that drive innovation and war; I am the source of power".

Still, something like “Forgeman” would make more sense.

in Engineer

Posted by: Edimaru.5392

Edimaru.5392

Im super excitet for forge. Its how i see it:
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood
I have created over a thousand blades
Unaware of loss, Nor aware of gain
Withstood pain to create weapons, waiting for one’s arrival
I have no regrets. This is the only path
My whole life was unlimited blade works

in Engineer

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

For some reason it seems like the spec will be power based but more so of like a hunter. I can see the drones just there for targeting buffs and dps boosts, but the engineer its self might end up being like a predator with no cloak or mabye we will get a cloaking drone? oh that would be saweeet

Hmm, or it could be like FT and work well all around including hybrid builds. Is that a hammer I see on that pic ? If so it’d be great as I could use my jugg on my engi now.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Forge?

Got a link?

Datamined Pic.

http://i.imgur.com/TgYrZye.png

… i dont even know what the mechanics are, how the hammer is gonna be or even what skills we get… but man this pic already raises my faith that this is going to be the real deal

Attachments:

in Engineer

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I am going to be the ultimate bot owner! My mini PK 632Z/Ho-ho-tron loyally follow me, my replica job-o-tron backpack gives me somewhat helpful comments and covers my back (pun intended) and now these drones will help me fight! YEEEEEEEEAH BABY! XD

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Everytime I see that spec I always think of the Iron Forgeman somehow.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Genesis.8572

It might fall more in-line with the “Tempest”, in that a tempest is a thing rather than a person.

True, but I have seen ‘Tempest’ used for fantasy archetypes. In D&D 3E, the tempest is a dual-wielding class whose fighting style evokes the swirling, circular winds of a tempest.

However, despite the clunky-ness, I could see it being pretty cool:

“I’m not just an engineer; I am the Forge. I create the weapons and machines that drive innovation and war; I am the source of power".

Still, something like “Forgeman” would make more sense.

It’s a shame that “Artificer” is already taken by a crafting specialization. Artificer even calls to mind the D&D 3E class from Eberron that created magic items, magical infusions, and mechanical homunculi. But there’s still the Technomancer or the Machinist. I would love to say that trust ArenaNet to come up with an appropriately cool name, but the ‘Dragonhunter’ happened.

Tarnished Coast

in Engineer

Posted by: marcel.6734

marcel.6734

Never!! Forge is a great e-spec name!

This name would distinguish us very well from other e-specs and fits well with the engineer. For me this is a name of power, a statement of our possibilities. Speak loudly and compare: the Reaper, the Tempest, the Chronomancer, the Druid and the DragonHunter. The Forge sounds sooo much better.

in Engineer

Genesis.8572

Never!! Forge is a great e-spec name!

This name would distinguish us very well from other e-specs and fits well with the engineer. For me this is a name of power, a statement of our possibilities. Speak loudly and compare: the Reaper, the Tempest, the Chronomancer, the Druid and the DragonHunter. The Forge sounds sooo much better.

I vehemently disagree, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Tarnished Coast

in Engineer

coglin.1867

It might fall more in-line with the “Tempest”, in that a tempest is a thing rather than a person.

True, but I have seen ‘Tempest’ used for fantasy archetypes. In D&D 3E, the tempest is a dual-wielding class whose fighting style evokes the swirling, circular winds of a tempest.

Are you suggesting that the validity of the name they chose is dependent on your experience in the fantasy archetype? That is ridiculous. I have read a series of 14 best sellers in which one of the main secondary characters in all 14 books, was a forge.

in Engineer

Genesis.8572

Are you suggesting that the validity of the name they chose is dependent on your experience in the fantasy archetype? That is ridiculous. I have read a series of 14 best sellers in which one of the main secondary characters in all 14 books, was a forge.

How is that ridiculous when you suggest as much yourself?

Tarnished Coast

in Engineer

coglin.1867

How is that ridiculous when you suggest as much yourself?

Because when someone is confusing their subjective opinion, with that of objective fact, I find it ridiculous.

Personally I see nothing wrong with either name. My point is that claiming the name is bad, simply because it is not used in one aspect of the fantasy genre, is absurd to me, when it is used in other aspects.

The worst part is that it is actually completely irrelevant in my eyes, if any of the names of the elite specs are used commonly, or even at all in the other aspects of the fantasy genre.

in Engineer

Genesis.8572

Because when someone is confusing their subjective opinion, with that of objective fact, I find it ridiculous.

Then you misread too much into what I say. Good day, sir. That is all.

Tarnished Coast

in Engineer

Posted by: Fade.1743

Fade.1743

Artificer and Techomancer really wouldn’t fit in the current theme for the Forge. Both of those imply the combining of magic and technology where the user augments his/her magic with technology rather than what engineer does by augmenting their technology with magic (magitech). If Engineer were given a magic based weapon (or if Eles were given a tech based one), I could see it being a Technomancer.

Especially wielding a giant flaming hammer and making drones, Forge is pretty much the most kitten name to give the Engineer. Honestly, I don’t see Engineer as a heroic profession. These are the people in Tyria who don’t have much (or any) access to magic and typically aren’t going to be ridiculously strong like a warrior. They used a combination of slapped together gadgets (that used to backfire) and basic elixirs with some magical components mixed in.

(Sidenote: I don’t get the dislike of Dragonhunter. It fits. It’s Tyria’s version of a demonhunter…since the only real demons are pretty much gone now)

Magichemist Zeke – Asura Elementalist [TC]
An Insane(ly Intelligent) Genius!
“Did you just tell me the rules? Never tell me the rules!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Heh, what if they called it, “Tinkerer”, or “Mechanic”? What would you think of it then?

in Engineer

Posted by: EvilZombie.6801

EvilZombie.6801

the hammer better be a condi damage weapon and deal BURNING damage !

in Engineer

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Am I the only one concerned about the drones? God I sincerely hope they are not AI..

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in Engineer

Posted by: meeflak.9714

meeflak.9714

Literally just finished my lvl 80 engi last night just for this elite spec. Idk why I just have high hopes for arena net to do something amazing with this. Class. It’s the most versatile in my opinion, this and the ele at least. So I’m excited to see what they can do

All professions lvl 80. x2 elementalist
main Druid ~~Adalyn Del Rayna~~ [SIGH]
[Ehmry Bay]

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Am I the only one concerned about the drones? God I sincerely hope they are not AI..

This frightens me.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

the hammer better be a condi damage weapon and deal BURNING damage !

Offhand Pistol.

While I’m not opposed to having a condi option with it, I don’t see a need for it to be. I just want a strong 1 skill from a weapon basically, a reason to use a weapon over a kit for periods of time outside chasing people in PVP.