Why are we always falling on our butts?

in Engineer

Posted by: Nepocrates.3642

Nepocrates.3642

If there is one thing that I would change it would be that we should not always fall on our butts when we use certain skills such rocket boots or over charge. it is like we get a 1 to 2 second self inflicted stun/knockdown when we use these skill.

Regardless they are still fun to use in a fight. I love flying all over the place. Sometime I watch myself fly over the edge of a cliff. I can’t help but laugh as I watch myself plummet to my death.

This is my basic setup and I am having a blast (pun intended :P )

Lot of vulnerabilities with the under appreciated rocket kick, followed by a blunderbuss, jump-shot then over-charge. Lots of acrobatics there.

Is it the best probably not but it is fun for me – well back to the grind we call life :/

in Engineer

Posted by: Mojo.1930

Mojo.1930

For one, it breaks us out of immobilize, so i’m all for falling on mykitten for a second instead of being stuck in place :p

I used to have the same build as you, but the toolbelt elixirs got obnoxious with their RNG effects.

I use rifle + gadgets.
Battering Ram is a great ranged cripple + a knockback.
Rocket Kick toolbelt is an awesome combination with Blunderbuss.
I still use Elixir S though, it saved my life more times then i can remember.
+ Its Toolbelt skill provides Stability, wich makes you immune to your own knockbacks cause from Overcharge, haven’t tested rocket boots though.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zyph.8401

Zyph.8401

Mojo are you running this build in Orr? I’ve always found that I’m too squishy without a shield and the extra toughness trait. Care to share your traits/stat spread?

in Engineer

Posted by: Nepocrates.3642

Nepocrates.3642

Thanks for the tips. I will have to test them out.

in Engineer

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

I don’t mind, those skills are already really good. However, I’d really appreciate it if Rocket Boots cleared CC -before- it fired, because trying to break anything but stun with it only makes things worse. You wind up going nowhere, and just replace your slow/root with a stun.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zyph.8401

Zyph.8401

Nevermind, I think I realised you were talking about PvP far too late.