Why don't kits use stats? whats the point of gear then?

in Engineer

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

As people know, kits don’t use stats. That begs the questions why do you work your butt off to get gear that doesn’t apply. Anyone know if ANET has any plans to change this?

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

in Engineer

Posted by: PotatoOverdose.6583

PotatoOverdose.6583

Kits don’t use stats from weapons. Huge difference between saying kits don’t use stats and kits don’t use stats from weapons.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

Just weapons, guy. Not all your gear lol

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

It would be a real improvement if you could sigil your kits… weird idea, I know. But it would make several kits a it better I think.

or: if your sigils on equipped weapons would work for your kits too.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Engineer

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

It would be a real improvement if you could sigil your kits… weird idea, I know. But it would make several kits a it better I think.

Agree except for weapon swap ones, since there’s no cooldown on kit swapping. And I’d rather not see them put a cooldown on kit swapping to allow them either.

in Engineer

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

Agree except for weapon swap ones, since there’s no cooldown on kit swapping. And I’d rather not see them put a cooldown on kit swapping to allow them either.

Disagree to agree. They wouldn’t put a cooldown on the kit, they would put a CD on the sigil. The sigil CD would be 10 seconds (weapon swap), but would have to take into account Superior Rune of the Warrior and Guardian’s Fast Hands.

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

I tried the reverse reasoning on these sigils:

1. since a kit is basically replacing your weapons, which we get the negative effects of, i.e. no weapon stats or sigils…

2. I figured: let’s put a weapon swap sigil on my weapons so it can bcome active when getting out of the kit…

3. to see it did nothing…

If we’re going to get the negative effects of kits replacing weapons, could we perhaps get some benefits too?

This said: no cooldown on swapping kits makes it freaking awesome… but let’s not admitt there are positive sides to our complaint, shall we.

in Engineer

Posted by: Fantom.9217

Fantom.9217

Sigils for weapon swapping already have cooldowns btw (because Elementalists get the effect when swapping attunements and Warriors can reduce the cooldown of swapping by 6 seconds).

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

Yes, I saw that they do.
That’s why I would like them to work when I go back to my pistols, shield or rifle… Obviously they shouldn’t work every other second when I swap out a kit

in Engineer

Posted by: Orson.8034

Orson.8034

Because kits count as bundles.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shadow.4091

Shadow.4091

This is a serious problem. At level 80, we lose a significant chunk of stats (179/128/128) just for using our profession mechanic. If an ele lost stats for changing attunements, that would not be fair. Losing stats when equipping a kit in PvE/WvW is simply not fair. It makes much less of a difference in sPvP because stats are on the jewels. Please don’t disenfranchise PvE/WvW Engineers. Just make weapon stats affect kits.