Why don't we have skills?

in Engineer

Posted by: jay.4132

jay.4132

Can someone please explain why engineers don’t have any signets but every other profession does? And why we only have one use able elite?

Arena net just admit this profession is an after thought.

in Engineer

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Because signets are magic.

AND MAGIC IS FOR PUSSIES!XD

(seriously, it could be a good lore feature, if it was actually used: engineer character should be more… peculiar, in story mode.

They should refer more to the fact they fight in a unique way.)

About elites… well, I agree. But it’s not a big problem, to me.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Engineer

Posted by: Valoiz.9857

Valoiz.9857

Dunno if we play a diferent game but i see the engrinering as the class with more skills close to elementalis… every weapon kit its like 6 more skills… about the elites… i have a guardian too and actually hate his 3 elite skills xD

in Engineer

Posted by: commanderrab.5139

commanderrab.5139

You title the thread about not having skills, and then complain about a lack of signets… Because we have plenty of skills. Kits, gadgets, and elixirs. Which sortof all make sense for a completely non magic using class. Why then give it magic in the form of signets? If you want to play like all the other classes, just go play another class. The profession will be better off.

“Only an Engineer would weaponize a box of piranhas.”

in Engineer

Posted by: Siofra Crumble.2098

Siofra Crumble.2098

Can someone please explain why engineers don’t have any signets but every other profession does?

Why on earth would we even need signets?
Signets on other classes aren’t that great either. There are some signets out there that fit certain playstyles but all signet builds tend to be severely lacking.

And why we only have one use able elite?

I don’t know about you but I can use all my elites.
Press the button and stuff will happen, I guarantee it.
As for why is supply crate the best? Because the other 2 are more situational elites.

Arena net just admit this profession is an after thought.

What a silly statement.

in Engineer

jay.4132

Because signets are magic.

AND MAGIC IS FOR PUSSIES!XD

(seriously, it could be a good lore feature, if it was actually used: engineer character should be more… peculiar, in story mode.

They should refer more to the fact they fight in a unique way.)

About elites… well, I agree. But it’s not a big problem, to me.

So thiefs, rangers, warriors use magic?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

Magic is indeed for pussies. Grenades and Bombs are superior to fancy hand waving.

I technically have 3 auto-attack-like abilities and 15 cooldown abilities in my most common build, I don’t think I have a shortage of skills to use. Heck I rarely if ever use my non-cooldown related abilities.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in Engineer

jay.4132

I have no problem being different. Every profession feels very different and all use a similar model. Professions able to use multiple weapons but we have kits okay. Professions get passive abilities by using signets, engineers only profession that gets none.

in Engineer

jay.4132

Magic is indeed for pussies. Grenades and Bombs are superior to fancy hand waving.

I don’t think elixirs are mixed drinks more like magical drinks that are concocted in a cauldrons like a witch. Has any one seen the movie Harry Potter?

in Engineer

Ayestes.1273

Elixirs are magic to the uneducated, we engineers know that it is truly science that gives them power.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Has any one seen the movie Harry Potter?

A film famous for its portrayal of Engineers.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I agree that signets were likely left out due to their “magical” component. Also, to make a signet for the engineer there would have to be a passive effect, an active effect, and a toolbelt skill. Possibly the devs didn’t want engineers to be able to stack a bunch of passive effects on top of each other and still have all those utility skills to use.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tazdingo.8249

Tazdingo.8249

yes, signet is magic and magic sucks lol

Attachments:

in Engineer

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Also, to make a signet for the engineer there would have to be a passive effect, an active effect, and a toolbelt skill. Possibly the devs didn’t want engineers to be able to stack a bunch of passive effects on top of each other and still have all those utility skills to use.

This.

Signets don’t have to be magical per se. Gadgets could have easily been constructed in a way that they gave a passive. The choice of Gadgets presents a bit of a problem since I can’t really come up with any passives that PRB or Throw Mine could grant without getting magicky. The other 3 would be pretty easy to insert a passive that also worked with the general concept of the Gadget:
Rocket Boots: Faster Endurance Regeneration
Slick Shoes: Speed Boost similar to Signet of Shadows (Rogue)
Utility Goggles: Increase Precision

The toolbelt throws a big monkey wrench in it though. Using the main skill disables the passive(for normal signets), but what happens when you use the toolbelt? Does the passive stay, and if not which cooldown does it abide by. Does it use the main ability or the toolbelt cooldown? If the passive did stay when the toolbelt was used there’d be no end to the crying from every other class.

So rather than meet a challenge (Engineers being the only prof without signets) it’s just easier to leave it alone.

in Engineer

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

Elixirs are magic to the uneducated, we engineers know that it is truly science that gives them power.

Well ele fireball is a form of science that we just can’t understand so it is labeled “magic”

in Engineer

Ayestes.1273

Yeah I was just being silly, I think the Signet-Utility skill argument is likely the real reason.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

We don’t have signets because…I guess our class is less magical than others and signets are magic.

As for usable elites, Supply Crate is good for 1v1 and holding positions. Mortar is good for group support (It has a really strong healing field and some good snares). Mix it with grenade kit and it’s great for holding certain keeps in WvW. Elixir X is great for bunking people off cliffs.

Elixir X and Mortar need some work, but they aren’t useless, they’re just not useful in many situations.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in Engineer

Ayestes.1273

Elixir X would be so nifty if I could choose which form I wanted. This is probably because Rampage is awful though.

Edit: I missed word.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

(edited by Ayestes.1273)

in Engineer

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

Elixir X would be so nifty if I could choose which form I wanted. This probably because Rampage is awful though.

This is the only reason that skill sucks. If it was just tornado, I’d be happy.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in Engineer

jay.4132

How can thiefs, warriors and rangers use signets they aren’t considered as magical professions?

in Engineer

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

How can thiefs, warriors and rangers use signets they aren’t considered as magical professions?

Why not?

in Engineer

Posted by: Epic.8429

Epic.8429

does anyone think that our power suit skill is completely useless wutsoever!!?? Seriously, the duration is way too short and not to mention that the hp of the power suit is ridiculously little. The thing takes like 2 or 3 hits and u would have to regenerate in the middle of a fight!