Why is engi forum best forum

in Engineer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Out of all the other class forums, this one seems to be teh best in terms of positive attitude and general shennaniganry. Why? Whats in those elixirs you guys drink?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Engineer

Posted by: Stillshade.7634

Stillshade.7634

No one comes here to complain that engis are op

Maguuma Engi Evvenna
Things that go BOOM

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

maybe its because we have so many different builds and we arnt bickering among ourselfs about which build of a limited spread is the master build for our class, since we have so much choice

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

Posted by: Jastorm.5972

Jastorm.5972

When you have gear like a spring loaded ram head that pops out of your belt, an invention originated by Data from the goonies (slick shoes) and your guns shoot just about everything but bullets.. it really hard to take things too seriously ;-).

in Engineer

Posted by: Lenor.8197

Lenor.8197

Engies started the game horribly underpowered (Anyone remember pre-boost rifle during first BWE’s? It’ was like a kitten BB gun), horribly bugged and horribly useless. But some played it nonetheless. Then we got nerfed some more. Then we got boosted to usefulness. Since Engi (and this subforum’s community) has been to hell and back, we have literally nothing to complain about.

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Jastorm makes a valid point. We are discussing a class armed with wacky gadgets, an elixir gun, and a prybar….how serious can we really be?

And as ukuni mentioned, our broad range of builds makes this forum a canvas for experimentation and discussion rather than a cynical discussion about what specific meta is approved today.

Engineer players are experimental, optimistic, and suffer from carpal tunnel. We rock!

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Stand The Wall.6987

Well on behalf of my necro/guardian ways, I tip my hat to you.
/salute

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

There used to be complains about HGH*409 (When engi got a popularity spike for a while) and Kit Refinement builds based around grenades. Then they got nerfed and that’s it.

There’s no major thing that makes us naturally stronger than anyone else and the results will vary depending of what you currently use in your skillset and you tend to change it on the fly on certain builds since there are no crucial do-or-die synergies needed but instead a heap of little advantages here and there.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Stand The Wall.6987

I am seeing words running rampant such as fun, dynamic, mobile, exclamation marks, and this :3.
I hereby vote engi forum Most Likely To Cause A Smile.
Keep it sassy engis.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

The conversation only turns ugly when you see “hobo sac” discussions and “turrets”. But that is never poster to poster issues. It is kind of everyone against the design of one and the existence of the other.

The main positive here, is that although you do get the occasional individual trying to impose their opinion as law, the general community is well aware that we are the one professions that can use some very unexpected builds to do great things.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

Engineers are versatile, rewarding, and fun to play. They differ from the other professions because they require creativity, and due to their wide range of abilities they tend to be unique from person to person. While builds may be similar, its not often I encounter two engineers that play the same, nor have encountered any that mirrored my own.

It results in players being a bit more interested in what crazy things someone else thought of that you missed, rather than looking for the gimmick build.

in Engineer

Posted by: EllyBean.6485

EllyBean.6485

Engineers are versatile, rewarding, and fun to play. They differ from the other professions because they require creativity, and due to their wide range of abilities they tend to be unique from person to person. While builds may be similar, its not often I encounter two engineers that play the same, nor have encountered any that mirrored my own.

It results in players being a bit more interested in what crazy things someone else thought of that you missed, rather than looking for the gimmick build.

Here here! You said it!

It’s the profession for those who are not quitters and we love the challenge so we put time and effort into it. I love a good challenge so this is why my engi is my main character. That, and I love explosions, bombs and funky steam punk themed kits.

It’s the profession for those who wish to really put effort in turning something some would regard as “boring” or “weak” to something creative and fun. Yes, it’s probably the most neglected profession out there but there are so much variety in terms of builds one could create. I like to think it’s a profession for those who love a good challenge and love to think analytically, tinker around with builds to make it work, and just create new and fun things.

Deep down, we’re probably all scientists who love to tinker around with stuff and make things go BOOM!

Engineers unite!

in Engineer

Stand The Wall.6987

Just stop talking Elly you are making me want to level my poor lvl40 engi. It takes soooo looong to lvl after a few 80s, like first trip to the principles office long.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mabuse.2879

Mabuse.2879

Just stop talking Elly you are making me want to level my poor lvl40 engi. It takes soooo looong to lvl after a few 80s, like first trip to the principles office long.

PvP levelling is possible now. Engineer is fun in PvP, and PvP doesn’t involve killing a million dumb mobs standing in a field doing nothing.

(edited by Mabuse.2879)

in Engineer

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

Engies started the game horribly underpowered (Anyone remember pre-boost rifle during first BWE’s? It’ was like a kitten BB gun), horribly bugged and horribly useless. But some played it nonetheless. Then we got nerfed some more. Then we got boosted to usefulness. Since Engi (and this subforum’s community) has been to hell and back, we have literally nothing to complain about.

Unless you like using turrets….

in Engineer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Unless you like using turrets….

I shed a tear for the fall of our turret brethren. I will forever miss the nade/turret control hybrid that was my build.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Weep not for their fall, but pray for their ascension to heights never before reached.

…or something. Look, it’d be really kittening nice if they’d actually do something about the issues plaguing Turrets, and if they’d actually use their heads while figuring out what to do about them, it might actually make them a good skillset. I like Turrets, Turrets are partially responsible for my getting the game, and they both malfunction to an absurd extent and fall short when compared to other Engineer skills toward level 80 due to their partial scaling.
Even the partial scaling is falling off, due to removal and alteration of conditions.

I really hope we see a nice, fat set of bullet points regarding Turrets in the Jan 21st patchnotes.

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

am i the only one who doesn’t care about turrets and whether they are buffed or not?

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Probably not. However, turrets were one of the big attractions I had to the class. The idea that I can leave a bunch of automated support drones in hard to reach places to help you fight appeals to me. As well as situated point defense.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Engineer

Posted by: Biomanz.9302

Biomanz.9302

Out of all the other class forums, this one seems to be teh best in terms of positive attitude and general shennaniganry.

Heh. LET’S CHANGE THAT

-A fellow Elementalist

Taera Locke – staff ele
Red circles heal you. Just relax.

in Engineer

Posted by: Archaeopteryx.7409

Archaeopteryx.7409

Out of all the other class forums, this one seems to be teh best in terms of positive attitude and general shennaniganry.

Heh. LET’S CHANGE THAT

-A fellow Elementalist

… Fek off.

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Probably not. However, turrets were one of the big attractions I had to the class. The idea that I can leave a bunch of automated support drones in hard to reach places to help you fight appeals to me. As well as situated point defense.

Turrets still have a lot of use on my skill bar, though I’m probably not using them properly. The rifle turret is my go-to blast finisher for stacking might. The thumper turret is my go-to for stacking stealth. The healing turret is my healing skill 99% of the time.

That said, I would like to see more incentive to leave them out instead of destroying them. Similar to ranger spirits, we have to offer some kind of buff to our group using them. A simple damage increase isn’t enough—the opportunity cost taking a turret purely to deal some extra damage is just too much.

Instead, they just need to make them provide AoE buffs. Have the thumper turret improve the toughness of nearby allies. Have the healing turret improve boon duration when it is out. Have the rocket/rifle turret improve the power of nearby allies.

It would make engineers more on page with other professions in PvE applying group buffs to each other, and would additionally not break PvP balance too much since they’d still be destroyed very easily.

I think there’s a lot of directions ArenaNet could go with how they’ve designed turrets, but it seems they’re undecided on where to go at the moment.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Credit where credit is due- I believe that it is the only forum that has a post with the words: “prybar some faces”

in Engineer

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

I think engineers just have the largest kitten.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ichishi.9613

Ichishi.9613

Because typical scenario for any talk (including forums, in-game chat and ts) involving engi is:
1) wtflolisthis bug/OPSHEEP/hobosack
2) my kspm is bigger then yours (kit swaps per minute)
3) prybar joke

in Engineer

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

This has got to best thread I’ve read in a long while. I also couldn’t help but smile, and hopefully you elementalists that are reading this thread can get as positive! (I have an Asuran Ele I need to level. Cute bugger.) I remember a lot of ele pain in the pre-Dec. 10th patch suggestion threads.

Also to Phineas’s turret suggestions: I can’t agree more. It sounds like a great update that doesn’t seem too far out there to implement and it makes sense with the risk/reward of such a mobile game. It’d tweak the meta enough to make turrets an actual target to eliminate instead of simply avoiding. I really enjoy healing turret’s perma regen while I’m kiting a PvE mob, and since most other turrets’ current targeting isn’t reliable without a lot of immobilization, crippling or freezing, I feel passive buffs from deployed turrets would be great. With what your changes imply, Supply Crate would become one of the scariest Elite skills out there and i’m sure we’d get a lot more crazy builds out of such a simple crop of changes. Let me know if you have a turret suggestion thread and I’ll be sure to comment in it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ichishi.9613

Ichishi.9613

Lets start be reducing the turret hitbox.
Then we can buff turrets by either making them scale or introducing scaling effects and aoe buffs.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Fixing the turret bugs in general would be a good start, really.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

Patch notes can still make for some interesting days, but I think a lot of the negative attitudes mostly stay quiet now. Which is nice since I’d rather read threads about strategy and min-maxing what we are capable of then complaints. Suggestion threads are great too as long as they don’t turn into a pity party.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in Engineer

Stand The Wall.6987

Turret buffs, check.
KSPM, check.
Hobosax, check.

Fact still remains that engi has it all; charms, shenanigans, wacky wtf do I do now skills, explosions, and stuff-throwing. (more explosions)
Engi envy is at an all time high along with wtf warrior op and omglolnoob perma stealth teef statements.
Also please note: 63% of polled engis would not mind placing a “wet floor use caution” sign if they could blow it up with a remote.

in Engineer

Posted by: themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

Hello, I go by the name Menace in the forums, and I would like to say that you guys have actually been the most outgoing class forums in my own opinion from the moment I logged into the forums that first day. The other classes seem a little too boring at the moment, and/or are busy whacking each other with the nerf hammer and trying to buff their class. I personally don’t really like that kind of posts (yes, I don’t like buffs, too, I much more enjoy getting little surprises from Arenanet nowadays). The way you guys talk however, seem MUCH more relaxed and willing to help people I think. And you give me lots of smiles quite often. I have never visited the Engineer forum to leave a comment, and I think this thread is a nice time to post something of my own opinion. Keep this thread alive, and I hope that maybe the Devs will put this into the sticky. Just a small suggestion for all the little things Engineer forums have provided me now and then. Keep the spirit alive!

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Iv’e noticed that in mmos different classes attract different kinds of attitudes and maybe…just maybe…I like to think that engineers attract relaxed people who like to have fun.

In the earlier days of our engineer guild we felt this image was what symbolized engineers the best, (we actually still use it on our site as our main image)

Craziness, pyromaniacs, guns, ponies and all out awesomeness, that is what an engineer is all about (okay maybe not ponies)

Whether we get nerfs or buffs, I hope we can remain in a positive attitude throughout all of it

Attachments:

(edited by Penguin.5197)

in Engineer

Posted by: themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

Wow, amazing picture. It looks pretty darn epic to me. This is what I mean when we say that Engineer is the place where relaxed people go to. Like reaching Enlightenment. You know when to be serious, but the rest of the time you are easy-going, friendly, and ready for anything that comes at you. Love the atmosphere and attitude everyone brings to the table. Keep them coming. Keep the spirit strong.

in Engineer

Posted by: Siofra Crumble.2098

Siofra Crumble.2098

Instead, they just need to make them provide AoE buffs. Have the thumper turret improve the toughness of nearby allies. Have the healing turret improve boon duration when it is out. Have the rocket/rifle turret improve the power of nearby allies.

It would make engineers more on page with other professions in PvE applying group buffs to each other, and would additionally not break PvP balance too much since they’d still be destroyed very easily.

That’s some good thinking and to be frank, your idea deserves it’s own thread.

in Engineer

Posted by: OptimistPrime.9283

OptimistPrime.9283

As a fairly experienced engie, the fact that the only thing I really find a huge desire to complain about are the kitten hobo sacs makes for a very peaceful forum.

Are things perfect for the engie class? Absolutely not. But I will take where the engie is right now over where the engie was a year ago.

Darkhaven’s giant purple cat thief thing