Why not make Super Elixir similar to Geyser?

in Engineer

Posted by: KinkyPotato.4219

KinkyPotato.4219

Just a question I felt like posting since many of us (including myself) actually enjoyed the high-healing bug that was occurring before this patch. For comparison, the Water Elementalist’s Geyser and the Elixir Gun’s Super Elixir are provided below:

Geyser:
Create a geyser to heal nearby allies.
Healing: 808
Duration: 2 s
Radius: 120
Combo Field: Water
Range: 1,200
Recharge: 20 s

Super Elixir (Current):
Launch an elixir orb, healing allies on impact and creating an area of continual healing.
Impact heal: 380
Pulse heal: 140
Duration: 10 s
Radius: 240
Combo Field: Light
Range: 900
Recharge: 20 s

The problem with this spell as of now is that it has way too long of a duration with too minor of an effect. It currently feels more like a passive/fire and forget it healing spell as opposed to an active life-saver. Healing supports should be providing clutch area fields and heals but this spell accomplishes neither since its effect is too weak and requires your allies to stand in a confined area for 10 seconds! Spells like Geyser allow your allies to quickly maneuver themselves into the field and receive an immediate benefit as opposed to this spell that requires an exceptionally long time to build up (and the benefits may not even be that clear as the healing is very weak and susceptible to being out damaged…let’s also not forget the very few visual cues that this spell gives off). It makes for an incredibly frustrating experience for both the supporter and the ally receiving the spell not only because of its weak effects but also because it doesn’t have a distinct visual cue that entices allies to want to stand in it (as opposed to Geyser with water spouting out/Healing Rain with droplets of rain failling/Symbols). I think changing Super Elixir so that it’s a high-powered/short duration Light Field would work wonders for making a Support Engineer that much more viable.

The new spell would still be very distinctive due to the classification of the fields provided. Water Eles can use their Geyser to roll into it/Blast it with Arcane Blast for two pulses of Area Healing and Engineers can combine their Light Field Blast Finishers for Area Retaliation or with Leaps/Physical Projectiles to cleanse conditions. Therefore, the new spell should look something like this:

Super Elixir (New):
Launch an elixir orb, healing allies on impact and creating an area of continual healing.
Pulse heal: 808
Duration: 2 s
Combo Field: Light
Range: 900
Cooldown: 20 s

What are the community’s thoughts on this?

(edited by KinkyPotato.4219)

in Engineer

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Would be nice I guess.

Since no one stays in s-e field like evah.

Though 2s for a combo is kinda tough.

EU Aurora Glade

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

I would love to see something like this happen to the Super Elixir. After this patch I can’t see how being a healer engi is even possible anymore. All I ever see is people dying around me because all of our aoe healing options are too weak. Just look at healing turret:

Turret
Heal: 4920 (self)
Regen: 8 s
Life Regenerated: 1040
Combo field: water (For a second out of every
Radius: 480
Permanent

I know it’s supposed to be a self heal, and its permanent, but what else do we have? Healing bombs? What are the stats on those because I haven’t noticed them do much good other than getting me killed.

It seems like our aoe heals are meant to be long lasting (maybe for area control with turrets & bombs?) but so far that has just been a work in frustration for most support engis. We need stronger heals, even if they’re shorter, to be any good in dungeons. This new super elixir is just what we need, coupled with a healing turret similar to a ranger’s spring.

Spring
Healing: 4920
Regeneration: 3 s
Life regenerated: 2340
Radius 240
Duration: 15 s
Combo field: Water
Cooldown 30 s

Maybe make healing turret regen more and have an active water field for 2 sec pulses every 8 sec (so other people can combo with it), but give it a 25 sec duration as well. After that time the healing turret can blow up for no damage and no combo field.

Turret (New)
Life Regenerated: 2340
Combo field: water (For 2 s out of every
Duration: 15 s
Cooldown: 25 s

in Engineer

KinkyPotato.4219

It would tick 3 times and that’s how it functions with the ele…The Engineer can easily combo with this skill if they have a shield/bomb kit/rifle equipped. Just throw down a super elixir, switch to your main hand set, and use your respective skills. In the case of the bomb kit, pre-emptively put down your Big Ol’ Bomb before using your Super Elixir. Heck, you can even combo it with Supply Crate for the Blast Finisher. I don’t think it’s that rough tbh since eles do it just fine as well.

Edit: This is in reply to Issair. Forgot to quote heh

in Engineer

KinkyPotato.4219

I would love to see something like this happen to the Super Elixir. After this patch I can’t see how being a healer engi is even possible anymore. All I ever see is people dying around me because all of our aoe healing options are too weak. Just look at healing turret:

Turret
Life Regenerated: 1040
Combo field: water (For a second out of every
Radius: 480
Permanent

I know it’s supposed to be a self heal, and its permanent, but what else do we have? Healing bombs? …etc

Elixir- Infused Bombs have a 0.1 coefficient and with approximately 1700 Healing Power, the most I saw them heal for was ~300 health a bomb. This is also a ridiculously low amount and it goes to show you how limited, weak, and un-rewarding our heals are. Coupled with the fact that allies are constantly moving and you have to be standing extremely close to them for the bomb to land (as well as the delay for the bomb to explode), makes this an incredibly difficult trait to work around as well.

In addition, while the changes to Healing Turret are nice and welcomed, I feel like they need to address the bug with that skill. The Regeneration Boon applied from the Turret doesn’t scale with your Healing Power for some odd reason…it remains constant at 130 a tick which is incredibly weak. Additionally, destroying the turret has the regeneration on you get downgraded to 5 HP a tick…and there is no way to remove this inferior Regeneration should you want to apply more Regeneration Boons…so you’re pretty much stuck with a 5 HP Regen that could last well over a minute (depending on how long you had the turret out) before your stronger regen takes place. Also incredibly frustrating.

For now I use Med Kits which are pretty powerful in of their own…if you want to support allies, I suggest using Med Kit for now (with ~1700 Healing Power, each bandage heals for ~1800 HP. Placing a stack of 3 of them gives a burst heal of roughly ~5400 which is excellent). However, there is a very high burden of knowledge with Med Kits since the visual cue is incredibly small, the area is also incredibly small, and the audio signal is low. If you want to support allies in dungeons, try using the Med Kit. I wouldn’t recommend taking the Elixir-Infused Bomb Trait as it is far too weak for a Grandmaster Trait and generally not worth it for ally support. Furthermore, combine the Medkit with a Six Piece Rune of Dwayna which should give you near permanent AoE-Regen (and surpassing the Healing Turret).

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

I had been looking forward to healing bombs for so long, so it was a really big let down when I got it. They really scale that badly with healing power?

Also, why doesn’t healing turret scale with healing power? This whole time I thought that it just needed a little boost. When I noticed a better healing field on my ranger (who is not specked into healing) I assumed healing turret just wasn’t strong enough, not that it doesn’t scale.

in Engineer

KinkyPotato.4219

I had been looking forward to healing bombs for so long, so it was a really big let down when I got it. They really scale that badly with healing power?

Also, why doesn’t healing turret scale with healing power? This whole time I thought that it just needed a little boost. When I noticed a better healing field on my ranger (who is not specked into healing) I assumed healing turret just wasn’t strong enough, not that it doesn’t scale.

Yeah, all of these interesting options were a big let-down for me as well. The Elixir-Infused Bombs is such an interesting trait but so inferior…a buff to a 0.2 or a 0.25 coefficient would be perfect imo (since you balance out the reward of the higher heal with the risk of you physically moving in melee range of your damaged allies) And, I just tested the Healing Turret in the Heart of the Mists (little fire area off to the left) and it’s confirmed that the regen is still only 130 HP a tick . Also, once I detonated it, I still had about 20 seconds of regen on me all of which ticked for 5 HP a second. Yay for support engineers!

Edit: I tested it again and the Healing Power seemed to work on the Healing Turret at random times. It’s very variable when it ticks for 300 vs when it ticks for 130. Still doesn’t explain why we’re left with a one minute 5 HP Regeneration Boon once the turret is destroyed.

in Engineer

Posted by: Townopolis.3607

Townopolis.3607

It’s interesting to note that Geyser heals more over 2 seconds than SE does over 10.

Geyser does have a smaller area, OTOH, and there are some limitations on attunements that kits don’t have, namely that you can’t just swap from fire to water and back to fire again immediately and that you can’t have geyser without also having all your other attacks be area-oriented as well. That said, kits do have their own intrinsic issues.

I think, if we’re being realistic, that a shorter-duration SE would end up healing less than Geyser does. It would likely also heal less than SE does currently, although only if compared to the full 10 seconds of the current SE.

With that in mind, I wouldn’t be wholly averse to a burstier SE.

in Engineer

KinkyPotato.4219

It’s interesting to note that Geyser heals more over 2 seconds than SE does over 10.

Geyser does have a smaller area, OTOH, and there are some limitations on attunements that kits don’t have, namely that you can’t just swap from fire to water and back to fire again immediately and that you can’t have geyser without also having all your other attacks be area-oriented as well. That said, kits do have their own intrinsic issues.

I think, if we’re being realistic, that a shorter-duration SE would end up healing less than Geyser does. It would likely also heal less than SE does currently, although only if compared to the full 10 seconds of the current SE.

With that in mind, I wouldn’t be wholly averse to a burstier SE.

Geyser does have a smaller area but most staff Elementalists take Blasting Staff which effectively ups the range of Geyser from 120 to 180 (just 60 less than SE). Geyser would have its own set of benefits as it is a water field which means the elementalist will still be healing more due to the possibility of them blasting it (and most sensible elementalists will pre-emptively cast their Eruption before placing their Geyser in it).

While the duration says 2 seconds, it should also function similarly to Geyser where it heals instantly (thereby procing 3 times). So that would also mean that it’s healing more than its current form over 10 seconds. However, I would much rather have a more reliable/burstier but shorter-duration heal at my disposal than almost always being forced out of the area due to AoE/Kiting.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I have no problems healing players with my engi, yes i lost a lot of healing due to last patch but it still works well..i really like how Super Elixir works please dont change its mechanics, sure i’d like a boost in healing, but geyser feels terrible when i used it..

Engi Dps sucks so bad tho

in Engineer

KinkyPotato.4219

I have no problems healing players with my engi, yes i lost a lot of healing due to last patch but it still works well..i really like how Super Elixir works please dont change its mechanics, sure i’d like a boost in healing, but geyser feels terrible when i used it..

Engi Dps sucks so bad tho

Why would it feel terrible if it got changed to Geyser? And I’m not changing mechanics…I just changed numbers. It heals for roughly the same amount over 3 seconds as opposed to 10 seconds…what’s the problem?

in Engineer

Posted by: Travail.7390

Travail.7390

I would love to see Super Elixir become more bursty. With a high emphasis placed on the use of dodge and mobility as a means of survival, it’s hard to expect a group of players to stay within the field of Super Elixir; and it’s often counterproductive to do so, since the healing is so small per tick. Standing within Super Elixir’s AoE for the full 10 seconds will often get you killed, which seems to me to be counterproductive to what that skill is supposed to be doing.

Furthermore, the Engineer has multiple movement abilities that blast us right out of the AoE effect of Super Elixir. Acid Bomb is found inside the same Elixir Gun kit (this kit just generally lacks synergy. I mean, Acid Bomb puts you out of range to use Fumigate, too; and attack #2 grants swiftness, which isn’t put to very good use in a kit with an AoE ground effect, and a cone frontal attack… anyway, enough about the Elixir Gun’s problems.)

So, there’s Acid Bomb, Rocket Boots, and Overcharged Shot, which all send you out of the AoE effect, as well as regular dodging which also can easily have the same effect. Changing Super Elixir to a shorter duration effect would allow it’s healing to be more noticeable (even if it healed for less than it does now overall) and would allow us to only have to stand inside the effect for a few seconds to get full benefit out of it.

Besides, this game is seriously lacking burst healing. Constant, tiny heals over time are fine for many PvE situations where encounters are predictable; they are of little help in PvP. In a game which offers so many different burst specs to it’s players, we also need some burst healing to offset that.

-Travail.

in Engineer

KinkyPotato.4219

I would love to see Super Elixir become more bursty. With a high emphasis placed on the use of dodge and mobility as a means of survival, it’s hard to expect a group of players to stay within the field of Super Elixir; and it’s often counterproductive to do so, since the healing is so small per tick. Standing within Super Elixir’s AoE for the full 10 seconds will often get you killed, which seems to me to be counterproductive…etc

-Travail.

This exactly sums up how I feel as well! I mean there are also more glaring problems with the class but I figured this was one of the more important ones to be tackled for support engineers. Cheers because I thought I was the only one that wanted more burst heals. I feel like the game would go a long way in having League of Legends style supporters (I’m unsure if you’ve played it or not). Basically, the supports in that game either have a high value/high cooldown shield or heal that they can use on a single ally. Knowing when to use those defensive abilities could very well determine a 5 v 5 PvP Teamfight.

While I feel that some classes have LoL-like support capabilities (Elementalist, Guardian), others don’t (Necromancer, Engineer, Mesmers…etc). In general, I feel like a lot of the coefficients/values on support abilities need to be re-evaluated and looked at again because Guardians and Elementalists reign supreme in the support archetype. They have higher numbers, more abilities, more boons, and shorter cooldowns. As a primer, this is NOT a call to nerf these two classes. This is where other classes should be brought UP TO to feel impactful. Just take a look at these two examples:

Necromancer
Deathly Invigoration: Heal in an area when you leave death shroud.
Heals for 8 + level * 1.8 + 40% of Healing Power.

Elementalist
Healing Ripple: Heal nearby allies when attuning to water.
Amount healed = Base Amount (1302 @ 80) + Healing Power

Granted that there are various other factors to consider such as availability, why are these two numbers not closer to each other since they are functionally almost the same spell? They obviously are both very interesting traits…and the apples to oranges argument doesn’t apply here either because of how inferior the Necro’s group heal (With 1700 Healing Power at Level 80, heals for ~832) is compared to the Ele’s group heal (At 1700 Healing Power at Level 80, heals for ~3002). Cleaning up a lot of these numbers and buffing all of the other classes’ support options would go a long way in diversifying the support archetype and making it worthwhile and fun for every profession.

in Engineer

Posted by: Unakrynj.4956

Unakrynj.4956

i feel the range should be greatly increased for us to be really useful, but there is already shout warriors everywhere, or FS guardians. tbh if we were to burst heal for the same amount as the shout warrior (full cleric shout wars healing for over 1.7k heals a hit) wed be less effective than them, except wed have 4sec less CD on 2 of there skills, but have 2 (or only 1 if you have the kit refinement trait) heals short of them. Right now a properly decked support engi can heal just fine, you DO have to bother your teammates to hug you at all time, but lets face it, if those ranged/casters dont listen to you, theyre gonna die anyway, just like they probably always do. Of course im speaking about dungeon Support engis only.

TLDR: i think its fine as it is.

in Engineer

KinkyPotato.4219

i feel the range should be greatly increased for us to be really useful, but there is already shout warriors everywhere, or FS guardians. tbh if we were to burst heal for the same amount as the shout warrior (full cleric shout wars healing for over 1.7k heals a hit) wed be less effective than them, except wed have 4sec less CD on 2 of there skills, but have 2 (or only 1 if you have the kit refinement trait) heals short of them. Right now a properly decked support engi can heal just fine, you DO have to bother your teammates to hug you at all time, but lets face it, if those ranged/casters dont listen to you, theyre gonna die anyway, just like they probably always do. Of course im speaking about dungeon Support engis only.

TLDR: i think its fine as it is.

Healing is not the only thing that a supporter should be doing though FYI. Support Warriors bring Shouts/Banners with increases to stats in addition to possessing the largest arsenal of weapons while Support Engis bring more control through conditions. How would we be less effective? We would still have bandages, and our Supply Crate…

What I’m suggesting is to make the heal more bursty (but heal for roughly the same amount as it would have been over 10 seconds) so wouldn’t it be better if your dungeon mates only had to stay in the field for 3 seconds as opposed to 10? This has various implications as a lot of the dungeons I’ve done have very dangerous AoE (Twilight Arbor, Arah…etc) circles that NEED to be avoided…being hit by one of them is very damaging and the healing provided from the 10 sec Super Elixir simply doesn’t cut it in a lot of those situations.

And I was talking mostly about a WvW perspective but the same applies anywhere in the game where movement, dodging, and active positioning all play a major role in damage avoidance. A 10 second Super Elixir Field simply does not accomodate for such a playstyle as you’re forced to counter productively stand in a confined area.

in Engineer

Travail.7390

This exactly sums up how I feel as well! I mean there are also more glaring problems with the class but I figured this was one of the more important ones to be tackled for support engineers. Cheers because I thought I was the only one that wanted more burst heals. I feel like the game would go a long way in having League of Legends style supporters (I’m unsure if you’ve played it or not). Basically, the supports in that game either have a high value/high cooldown shield or heal that they can use on a single ally. Knowing when to use those defensive abilities could very well determine a 5 v 5 PvP Teamfight.

While I feel that some classes have LoL-like support capabilities (Elementalist, Guardian), others don’t (Necromancer, Engineer, Mesmers…etc). In general, I feel like a lot of the coefficients/values on support abilities need to be re-evaluated and looked at again because Guardians and Elementalists reign supreme in the support archetype. They have higher numbers, more abilities, more boons, and shorter cooldowns. As a primer, this is NOT a call to nerf these two classes. This is where other classes should be brought UP TO to feel impactful. Just take a look at these two examples:

Necromancer
Deathly Invigoration: Heal in an area when you leave death shroud.
Heals for 8 + level * 1.8 + 40% of Healing Power.

Elementalist
Healing Ripple: Heal nearby allies when attuning to water.
Amount healed = Base Amount (1302 @ 80) + Healing Power

Granted that there are various other factors to consider such as availability, why are these two numbers not closer to each other since they are functionally almost the same spell? They obviously are both very interesting traits…and the apples to oranges argument doesn’t apply here either because of how inferior the Necro’s group heal (With 1700 Healing Power at Level 80, heals for ~832) is compared to the Ele’s group heal (At 1700 Healing Power at Level 80, heals for ~3002). Cleaning up a lot of these numbers and buffing all of the other classes’ support options would go a long way in diversifying the support archetype and making it worthwhile and fun for every profession.

Generally, I feel that a game designed around PvP (and it seems that’s what players expect from Guild Wars 2) should be designed around burst damage, and burst heals. That doesn’t mean sustained dps/HoT builds can’t also be there (it definitely has it’s place in WvW and PvE dungeons) but we all know burst is king in most PvP encounters.

This means short duration bursts of damage along with short duration bursts of healing. This also means tanks or “bunkers” should have short duration blocks and reactionary abilities to counter those short bursts of damage (which they do, and it’s something I feel Anet basically got right.) This also means CC should be focused around quick interrupts with the goal of stopping burst damage/healing in it’s tracks, in order to gain tactical advantage (which, again, is something Anet implemented decently well.) We have burst damage, counters for burst damage, and anti-burst themed CC; all that’s missing is the burst healing.

Without it, they have seriously alienated healer players coming over from other games. Doing away with the trinity in general is a mistake, IMO, but getting rid of “dedicated healing” is the one that hurts Guild Wars the most (they do, after all, still have “bunker” builds, which have their place in the game.) In PvE, everyone has to largely rely on themselves for their own healing, so you have more homogenized builds. In PvP, some of the tactics of engagements are lost when there are no “squishy, but powerful” healers to protect. It’s basically just a brawl, with any enemy being just as good a target as anyone else.

As it stands now, you basically just rotate through all your healing spells as soon as they are off cooldown, hoping that it’s providing a benefit over time for your team. I’d like to be able to make more of a noticeable impact than that with healing skills, and would like to see just as good a tradeoff for sacrificing damage in favor of healing as bunker builds get for sacrificing damage in favor of survivability.

-Travail.

in Engineer

KinkyPotato.4219

You are on the ball with your points! I definitely agree with your point in that support builds should feel more impactful, given the sacrifices they have to make to damage. Every archetype should have noticeable advantages and weaknesses just like you mentioned in your last paragraph. What I don’t necessarily agree with you however is the NEED for the trinity to exist. I feel the game works just fine without it…it’s just that healing support needs to be bumped up to an impactful level.

I feel like the game would benefit greatly if it implemented the cooldown/duration system it had in the first Guild Wars. Enchantments (now boons in this game) typically had durations under 10 seconds while their cooldowns were anywhere ranging from 5-15 seconds (this is a very mild average mind you). I have to question why so many utility skills have cooldowns exceeding 25 seconds. For a game that praises active combat and impactful trait choices (many which bolster your utility skills to fulfill your desired role), it certainly does not feel that way when you can only use your role-defining abilities so few times.

Examples:

Guardian
Sanctuary (120 CD), Retreat (60 CD), Bow of Truth (60 CD)

Engineer
Toss Elixir C (30 CD for one condition cleanse…really?), Toss Elixir S (60 CD for a random stability or stealth….)

in Engineer

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

I like Super Elixir for its duration. I can throw it at melee fighters, field is huge enough to let them keep moving/dodging inside of it. Then I’ve got some time to deal damage and put some cc around. Same in WvW, if during the siege group of players is under constant attack (arrow carts, longbow #5) I can keep area of constant healing in addition to regeneration boon

I would never trade current Super Elixir mechanics for Geyser, even if Geyser is a water field. Why?

1. Water field vs Light field
    Geyser is winning here, tho it’s situational. Sometimes constant condition removal is really important and engi can’t afford keeping whole team in tight cone of Fumigate, especially with miss-miss-miss-… issue
  1. Radius of 120/180 vs 240
    Much easier to heal and maintain healing with bigger AoE. Also easier to land initial spike heal on moving targets
  1. Duration of 2s vs 10s
    Super Elixir better by all means, it’s stacking with regeneration and providing constant sustain. Also field duration matters, short field can’t be utilized by more than 2-3 finishers, even voice communication is not helping this much

in Engineer

Posted by: Memphis.9478

Memphis.9478

Actually the super elixir mechanic feels nice, the problem is it’s coefficient. It’s meant to group-heal but with it’s current state the amount of overall healing -on par with the time it needs – feels ridiculous. I actually didn’t have the chance to test the bugged version of it but I would defenately go for a little boost.

As for the healing turret, my biggest disagreement is why the hell a turret heals me as soon as I drop it off? It would feel much better to pop it down whenever I wanted to provide regeneration buff and pop it’s heal the time I would need it. I know this would be rather inconvenient in PVP so I’d suggest to change the toolbelt skill to be the direct heal (just as medkit) with shared cooldown when the turret is down. I’ve no idea about cleansing burst – I don’t actually like it at all because of it’s reliability. Please don’t hammer-criticize me for my suggestion, it’s merely a quick thought popping out of my head while reading this thread.

in Engineer

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

To be honest, I think that the situation could be resolved if the field type of Super Elixir were simply changed from Light to Water and everything else kept as is. I mean, obviously what I’d really like to see is a return to the “bugged” state plus a Water field but that’s not going to happen sadly.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Engineer

Travail.7390

I like Super Elixir for its duration. I can throw it at melee fighters, field is huge enough to let them keep moving/dodging inside of it. Then I’ve got some time to deal damage and put some cc around. Same in WvW, if during the siege group of players is under constant attack (arrow carts, longbow #5) I can keep area of constant healing in addition to regeneration boon

I would never trade current Super Elixir mechanics for Geyser, even if Geyser is a water field. Why?

1. Water field vs Light field
    Geyser is winning here, tho it’s situational. Sometimes constant condition removal is really important and engi can’t afford keeping whole team in tight cone of Fumigate, especially with miss-miss-miss-… issue
  1. Radius of 120/180 vs 240
    Much easier to heal and maintain healing with bigger AoE. Also easier to land initial spike heal on moving targets
  1. Duration of 2s vs 10s
    Super Elixir better by all means, it’s stacking with regeneration and providing constant sustain. Also field duration matters, short field can’t be utilized by more than 2-3 finishers, even voice communication is not helping this much

Super Elixir no longer provides a constant, sustained heal after players move out of it’s area of effect. And that happens all the time. Better to have it heal the player as much as possible, as fast as possible, IMO.

If the AoE was mobile, for example if it centered around your character and followed you, now that would be something. You could then ensure that the player who needed healing was getting it, by sticking close to them.

I’m of the opinion that the only way to properly balance a ground effect AoE heal in a “skill-based” (read: dodge-based) game is to ensure that the full heal is applied to any player who comes within the area of effect. So, if they are going to use heal-over-time mechanics, they either need to be of an extremely short duration, or the HoT should be applied to any player who enters the circle, and stay on them even if they leave the area of effect.

That’s the other way to go. Give anyone entering Super Elixir’s AoE a 10 second heal-over-time effect which stays with them even if they move out of the circle. Apply that to all ground effect healing while you’re at it.

-Travail.

in Engineer

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

@Travail

The matter is that for dynamic fights we’re using regeneration and Healing Turret water fields (if you’re quick enough). Super Elixir is perfect stationary heal, that’s why it stacks with regeneration. There are many bosses or tougher monsters which are nearly immobile, so melee fighters are forced to move around tiny space. That’s why centering Super Elixir on such monster is keeping additional regen on melee fighters, who are also tanks. Dodging is not a problem, it’s not moving fighters far away from healing field (if it does at all), also it’s possible to dodge only 2 times over Super Elixir duration

In WvW it’s a skill meant to provide sustain during the siege. Gate breaking or defense, doesn’t matter. We’re puting it for melee fighters, siege machinery operators, gate repairing people. Noone is moving away from healing field. Healing during movement is only regeneration again, that’s what we’re paying for mobility

We don’t need Super Elixir to be mobile or put healing buff, it’s like Time Warp would give full duration quickness for just crossing the bubble or Well of Blood would apply full healing instantly. Super Elixir needs just improved healing, buffing some numbers here (especially healing power scaling). But general mechanics are fine

in Engineer

Posted by: Sporadicus.1028

Sporadicus.1028

There’s a lot of things to take into consideration with SE vs other heals.

The combo field of SE is big and lasts a long time. This gives you and other players the benefit of removing conditions from yourself and other people. That’s 10 seconds duration to apply condition removal and retal application.

It also is a long standing pulse heal that does not interfere with the regen boon. I’m not sure, and haven’t tested this, but this might be one of the only healing fields not affected by the 5-player-limit since it’s a sitting effect. This in and of itself can be helpful as multiple people can run in and out to heal themselves, even if a little bit.

Malkin Rawl – Charr Engineer, Tarnished Coast
Loudmouth, lousy PvPer, and mediocre PvEer.
I don’t own, I just play

in Engineer

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

The combo field of SE is big and lasts a long time. This gives you and other players the benefit of removing conditions from yourself and other people. That’s 10 seconds duration to apply condition removal and retal application.

The thing is that we have a number of other ways of clearing conditions (a really large number if traited for it) on ourselves and others so the Light field is, while by no means useless, isn’t as useful as it could be if it were a Water field.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Engineer

Posted by: Memphis.9478

Memphis.9478

Well on the other hand, a 10-second water field could feel overpowered.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vekthor.8914

Vekthor.8914

I feel like all my Healing gear is useless. All those hours farmind Karma just look like a waste of time now. Yes, I new SE was glitched and it’d get fixed sometime, but I didn’t expect the “balanced” version to be so bad, and I still had a faint hope that they’d leave the glitched version as it was, since it wasn’t breaking anything and made a healing build more viable.

Now I switched to bomb build with Elixir Infused Bombs. Yes, the healing is even worse, but hey, at least I’m dealing damage. Also, this makes use of the upgrade they gave to Power Shoes. Moving 25% faster while in combat is way more usefull than I expected, even more so when you must dodge and move away from attacks while dropping bombs near enemies.