Will Turrets ever be a thing again?

in Engineer

Posted by: bolam.6294

bolam.6294

When I started Guild Wars 2, I chose to be an engineer because I liked the idea of using turrets.

It was always something I found cool, the idea of creating a line of defense, support to back you up, it was the same for me with other games such as Team Fortress 2 and Borderlands 2.

As of now, turrets have become completely useless through updates to the point I never use them, and as far as I can tell, no one uses them. Might as well be made out of paper considering how easy it is for them to be destroyed, and their damage output is not high enough to justify their usefulness, and last I checked, it takes too long for the skills to recharge before you can set up the next one.

Will there ever be a point where the turrets will be useful?

in Engineer

Posted by: signofhunta.1984

signofhunta.1984

I hope so I loved the days in pvp when i could camp down an objective

Sign Post of FA

in Engineer

Posted by: TheScryingGame.3875

TheScryingGame.3875

I use rocket Turret often in PVE. I use it as a diversion against mobs. It has Knock back useful for Breaker Bars. the tool kit skill is useful up close (the arc to too great at any distance) and deals lots of damage. I use the turret to tank for me while i kite with Flamethrower. When I’m running away Ill drop a turret and get the mobs to attack it then explode it when I’m away. It has saved me numerous times. The net turret is cool too some times. used it with Vinetooth Prime and helped immensely.

But hey I’d love to have them buffed up.

in Engineer

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

I stil use healing turret almost exclusively….i use rifle turret on my static discharge build….i use supply depot when i use power builds…net turret has been used for cc in raids…..turrets are not dead, you just cant camp in pvp with s2pid turrets and expect to win games cuz thats just not right, happy it was nerfed.

Too many bandwagonners used it in pvp to win games back then it was so messed up.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

in Engineer

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

I stil use healing turret almost exclusively….i use rifle turret on my static discharge build….i use supply depot when i use power builds…net turret has been used for cc in raids…..turrets are not dead, you just cant camp in pvp with s2pid turrets and expect to win games cuz thats just not right, happy it was nerfed.

Too many bandwagonners used it in pvp to win games back then it was so messed up.

Turrets have few very sophisticated uses, healing turret aside, and rifle turret is being used for its tool belt skill. What we would like to see is turrets becoming more universal type of skill, which will be extremely hard to archive for ANet due to vulnerability and stationary nature of turrets.

in Engineer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

They still work well in stationary fights, I think. If I am wrong, please enlighten me, but I find they have similar utility to ranger’s spirits and similar stationary buff/weapon things.

in Engineer

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

Imo nothing wrong with turrets, your not meant to use a full turret utility bar to begin with…..one thats boring, two you will lack key skills for other game modes outside camping a cap point in pvp like it was used years ago.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

in Engineer

Posted by: Ishmael.3642

Ishmael.3642

i use the healing turret and the flame turret

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Riffle turret and rocket turret are good for tagging in events.
You can set a few turrets in key locations and run around with your FT to tag absolutely everything in some defense events.

If riffle turret could pierce would be cool