Will any engineers wear legendary armor?

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

It looks like engineers were forgotten in the aesthetic design of this armor. I see Arah armor and whispers armor, neither of which lends themselves well to engineers.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

Despite of how anti-engi looking has, ill wait for that veredict of if getting it or not, perhaps the dye slection and the animations make up for it.

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I think I’ll try to get the boots, and maybe the gauntlets. They seem very useable for my engie.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Yes, but probably not for the looks.

- It’s a nice long-term goal to work towards.
– Stat swap is nice and you can swap runes. That would free a whole inventory bag for me.

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

No as the design look does not fit into the type of appearances I am looking for.

Too much focus on being a very spikey and boney armor but it would look great on a Thief.

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

Ranger has the best fit on this armor, being us the last one, hopefully they consider to expand this in the future

in Engineer

Posted by: Tomas.5029

Tomas.5029

I’m pretty sure i’ll work something out with the chest, gloves and boots. Helm and shoulders on the other hand… Meh.

—Engi main tryhards unite!—

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i like the idea of legendary gear a lot and its really useful to have a weapon with free instantly reselectable stats… but the implementation of this set of legendary armor is onerous and unappealing due to a couple of the time gates. im also not inspired or excited by a bone armor theme. i wont be getting this set. maybe next time, if the journey does not include .5-1 year time gates. (and its not like i lack the commitment necessary to build the set, it just doesnt appeal to me.)

but they could definitely have made it a theme that would lock me in to getting it no matter what. they just didnt. this time.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Far as I am concerned, free stat swaps are the only reason to make any legendary.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in Engineer

Posted by: VentiGlondi.9830

VentiGlondi.9830

The design choice for medium legendary confuses me, as it looks more like something a necromancer would wear.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Is there a video of the animation out there yet?

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

Is there a video of the animation out there yet?

Nope, you will have to either do it or wait to someone publish the animations of the medium set, heavy is the only one who got a preview

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

yes there is a video out there. however it is in breach of NDA in some form or other, as the content creator messed up in uploading it and someone else shared it against his will.

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

The funny thing with that leaked video is that the medium armor is not a trenchcoat… until you enter combat, then BOOM full on bulky trenchcoat with tons of weird bulky stuff. Looks like that halloween outfit, the ugly male version.

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

yeah, and i was interested in the light armor’s crystal theme until i saw that bone tail when you unsheathe. anet why. at least heavy is almost ok overall, but i wont be making it as i generally play heavies even less than i play light classes.

im all for animation and new stuff and legendary stuff and rune swapping but they whiffed on 2 and the 3rd is a bunt. ugh.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

So you want a medium armor that is not a trench coat: Well, here it is (NOT!).
So trollish. I’ll be laughing if the asuran boots werent showing the toes anyway, making me cry.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

What a complete troll from ArenaNet. It’s not a trenchcoat… until you pull out your weapons.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.