Will we be nerfed again?

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

From State of the Game:

Engineer:
To help diversify engineer builds, they have been looking at the hgh builds because of the intense condition pressure.
They are planning interesting changes to healing turret, incendiary powder and elixir S.

Healing turret
-initial heal reduced quite a bit
-overcharge and passive heals improved
-overcharge recharge reduced to maybe 20 sec
-overcharge causes water field
-overcharge reduces conditions (their words, not mine)

Concern discussed: People might start focusing down turrets. Questions about whether it is strong enough to take the damage. They’ll see about whether they need to change hit points

-Incendiary powder: Talk about 100% uptime burning. In an effort to diversify builds the burns will proc 4 sec burns every 10 sec. 100% on crit.

-Elixir S cannot use utilities when active. No news on whether we can switch kits.

Q: Is there any news about buffing bombs?
A: grenades are too powerful. They might need to be brought down. Might buff bombs in PvP but not in PvE. Bombs are powerful in PvE.

Q:Havent grenades been nerfed in the past? Isn’t it too much?
A: We want to bring things up instead of down.

Q:What about new builds? Bombs and grenades dominate.
A:Want to create turret builds, but that is not possible now. Gadgets… just not that great…

Please toss us a bone, ANET. It looks like we are being nerfed again.

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Yup nerfed again… and thieves/warriors will probably oneshot you if you run an alchemy or boon duration build. You’ll be hit for 12% more from a thief or warrior just for popping Elixir B alone.

I was planning to transfer my 750 wvw badges over to my engineer and spiff up his gear a bit. I am glad I saw this before doing it.

(edited by timidobserver.7925)

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

I wonder if our community of PvP engis (the FotM HgH’eers) will help us lash out if we get nerfed again. Or will they just reroll warrior/thief?

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Posted by: Grackleflint.4956

Grackleflint.4956

Because you can roll a new character and go directly to the Mists, the FOTM rerollers will do just that—reroll.

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Well it depends if all classes will have this boon hating system or just thief/war for example. If all, simply now whole meta will change into non boon builds thats all.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

Well, I’ve asked some mesmers who had rerolled engi and they found the class fun. Maybe a few will stay because of that…

Also, we don’t know how often thiefs will be able to steal boons or how many. One boon on a ten second cooldown doesn’t sound so bad. We could cover our might stacks.

Anything more though, will be over powered.

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

Well, I’ve asked some mesmers who had rerolled engi and they found the class fun. Maybe a few will stay because of that…

Also, we don’t know how often thiefs will be able to steal boons or how many. One boon on a ten second cooldown doesn’t sound so bad. We could cover our might stacks.

just passing by,

warriors will gain boon hate 3% damage per boon

thieves will steal one boon on s/d skill #3, since we run on initiative system we can spam 3 skill #3 in succession only

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Posted by: Pizz.3698

Pizz.3698

Thieves will steal boon on flanking strike (s/d) and since thieves have no CD on weapon skills i dont think they’ll get a CD on flanking strike. So.. traited MuG + 2-3 Flanking strikes makes you boonless.

Piiz

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I will miss the ability to use utilities in Elixir S shrinkage form. To be fair, it seemed a tad bit broken, particularly with the old multikit builds – honestly gave us the best form of invulnerability in the game.

Q:Havent grenades been nerfed in the past? Isn’t it too much?
A: We want to bring things up instead of down.

This… gives me a faint glimmer of hope. But as an engineer, I can only expect the worst given patch history.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

Thieves will steal boon on flanking strike (s/d) and since thieves have no CD on weapon skills i dont think they’ll get a CD on flanking strike. So.. traited MuG + 2-3 Flanking strikes makes you boonless.

i find it funny in this scenario:

engi + warrior vs thieves: thieves will steal all the boons the engi, then the warrior will kill thieves because of boon hate ahahhaha

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Pizz.3698

I will miss the ability to use utilities in Elixir S shrinkage form. To be fair, it seemed a tad bit broken, particularly with the old multikit builds – honestly gave us the best form of invulnerability in the game.

You mean something like the Mesmer’s distortion?

Piiz

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

Can’t Ele’s also trait to do dmg and inflict chill & vuln while giving themselves regen while in Mist Form?
and still can I am sure.

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Halcyon.7352

Blurred frenzy obviously locks the Mesmer down. Distortion via shatter is a maximum of 3 seconds no? Can potentially get 5 seconds from a single Elixir S.

I don’t play a mesmer so I wouldn’t know though.

For the toast!

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Pizz.3698

Can’t Ele’s also trait to do dmg and inflict chill & vuln while giving themselves regen while in Mist Form?
and still can I am sure.

Not sure about chill and vuln, but it can give them regen and vigor if traited. Meanwhile mesmers get to use every single one of the utility, weapons skills, healing skill and elites while in distortion. Not sure why they didnt get nerfed like eles and engis got nerfed.

Piiz

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

and still can I am sure.

Not sure about chill and vuln, but it can give them regen and vigor if traited. Meanwhile mesmers get to use every single one of the utility, weapons skills, healing skill and elites while in distortion. Not sure why they didnt get nerfed like eles and engis got nerfed.

yea, it can be traited to chill and damage but the damage is acidic elixir’s type of damage. and mesmer’s distortion is really not OP, 3s(4 max) and without illusions, makes them really vulnerable. 80% of the time after a Mesmer comes out distortion, he dies

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

Elixir S change is pretty sucky.
It should be better than Mist Form because Ele’s have many other means of disengaging from fights and covering ground quickly.

Current Elixir S isn’t the best “pop and run” type stunbreaker. Isn’t that what Rocket Boots is supposed to be?
Elixir S has been so good because you can bow out when you are low health or being bursted and get a heal off or if you had a kit you could switch and Maybe get 1-2 skills off while invulnerable. Since you still need that 1 sec to actually switch to the kit.

Now Elixir S is nothing more than a big blinking light that says,
I used my Stunbreaker utility which was almost certainly my ONLY Stunbreaker.
I will be invincible for 3 secs and not be able to do anything.
Afterwards I will THEN have to use that extra sec to switch to my Kit or try and heal.
Of course anyone attacking me just had 3 secs to let any skills come off of CD and are waiting to use them on me.
So my Stunbreaker will also require me to use a dodge or two to mitigate the burst that the Stunbreaker opened up in the first place.

Oh well maybe it wont be as bad as I think.

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Pizz.3698

and still can I am sure.

yea, it can be traited to chill and damage but the damage is acidic elixir’s type of damage. and mesmer’s distortion is really not OP, 3s(4 max) and without illusions, makes them really vulnerable. 80% of the time after a Mesmer comes out distortion, he dies

Elixir S is also 3seconds. And distortion can even be traited to reflect projectiles. There is also nothing easier than creating illusions on a Mesmer. Does using mind wrack leave a mesmer vulnerable? or any other shatter? no it doesnt. You can also use sword #2 for some free distortion. I dont see how a Mesmer dies after coming out of distortion and an Engi doesnt when Elixir S runs out.

Piiz

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Halcyon.7352

Wow… it for some reason didn’t even occur to me that this would mean Medkit/H/Healing Turret would be unavailable too while in Elixir S. That to me is a big nerf.

Not KR nerf level but… just ugh.

Edit: Meanwhile in elementalist land: water attunement – mist form – dodge. That’s regen, soothing mists, cleansing wave on evasive arcana dodge while invulnerable. Will this no longer be available with the proposed mist form changes?

For the toast!

(edited by Halcyon.7352)

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

nerfing pretty much everything apart from bomb kit for turret that stays on for 1 second in battlefield. Reroll engineer to beta version and dont touch it!

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

Elixir S change is pretty sucky.
It should be better than Mist Form because Ele’s have many other means of disengaging from fights and covering ground quickly.

Current Elixir S isn’t the best “pop and run” type stunbreaker. Isn’t that what Rocket Boots is supposed to be?
Elixir S has been so good because you can bow out when you are low health or being bursted and get a heal off or if you had a kit you could switch and Maybe get 1-2 skills off while invulnerable. Since you still need that 1 sec to actually switch to the kit.

Now Elixir S is nothing more than a big blinking light that says,
I used my Stunbreaker utility which was almost certainly my ONLY Stunbreaker.
I will be invincible for 3 secs and not be able to do anything.
Afterwards I will THEN have to use that extra sec to switch to my Kit or try and heal.
Of course anyone attacking me just had 3 secs to let any skills come off of CD and are waiting to use them on me.
So my Stunbreaker will also require me to use a dodge or two to mitigate the burst that the Stunbreaker opened up in the first place.

Oh well maybe it wont be as bad as I think.

THIS!!! S granted us little protection and heal and swap kit on ready to battle. The upcoming change will just screw us! And all who actually knows how to use the momentum of 3 sec tiny engi time knows this.

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

like Ostricheggs told in the HGH guide the Elixir S and Incendiary explosives are our strongest skills. Now they are nerfed and I guess HGH will be much harder to play.

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Am I the only one who thinks they should at least buff Pistol dmg if they will be nerfing conditions?

Explosive Shot is still really pathetic….

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ravak.8912

Ravak.8912

Will we be nerfed again?

I think yes. We are not trees yet ;)

Will it matter though? Nope, I’ll still play my Engie :P

(edited by Ravak.8912)

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

i find it funny in this scenario:

engi + warrior vs thieves: thieves will steal all the boons the engi, then the warrior will kill thieves because of boon hate ahahhaha

im glad someone is taking an objective look at things.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

Will we be nerfed again?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

Meeeeeh I don’t want to be nerfed again!
Well fts, I’ll never quit my engineer. But man. Why?
Listen to the dam community!

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks