Worth it? (Need Meta PvE Build + Opinion)

in Engineer

Posted by: MacedoPT.9684

MacedoPT.9684

Hello there, i have a ranger lv80 but now i was towards lvling a new character.. i have made an Elementalist to lv28 or smth but it bored me a little so since i have a lv30 engi (dont need to buy all skills xD) i might prob test it out..

But i need to know: Is engi now good in pve? duingeons and fractals… because i saw that they now have a good dps rotations with rigle and nades and id like to know if thats true..

Also i need a meta pve build pls (link) thx

in Engineer

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

I have a lvl 80 eng, i think they are pretty strong for pve. I use the bomb kit for melee fights and the grenades for ranged and vuln stacking.

This is the build i use

Edit: i’m having difficult linking the video, you can search for “Nike dnt” on youtube for the guides for dungeons and fractals.

Edit 2: here it is!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7br1Sn5Tqjw

(edited by Casmurro.9046)

in Engineer

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Hmm, may I ask why people usually use the rifle turret as a third utility? If you want the blast finisher for might stacking wouldn’t Throw Mine work as well?
I’m aware that the detonate turret tool belt skill does more damage than the mine, and that the mine might be more prone to “accudentally” going off because a target stepped on it. But couldn’t that be offset by gaining a tool belt skill that can be used in addition to the active utility?
Again I am aware that the minefield usually lands all over the place but that can be at least partially compensated for by good positioning? Or am I overlooking something else entirely?

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

in Engineer

Posted by: Llanowar.1603

Llanowar.1603

Hmm, may I ask why people usually use the rifle turret as a third utility? If you want the blast finisher for might stacking wouldn’t Throw Mine work as well?
I’m aware that the detonate turret tool belt skill does more damage than the mine, and that the mine might be more prone to “accudentally” going off because a target stepped on it. But couldn’t that be offset by gaining a tool belt skill that can be used in addition to the active utility?
Again I am aware that the minefield usually lands all over the place but that can be at least partially compensated for by good positioning? Or am I overlooking something else entirely?

The cooldown on rifle turret is incredibly short, and has a very short cooldown toolbelt skill. While the toolbelt skill doesn’t deal a lot of damage, it is instant cast which allows it to be used even while knocked down, and combined with static discharge as many builds do it actually deals a significant amount of damage.

Additionally the blast finisher for the turret is centered on you, and not the turret, which makes it much easier to chain, unlike throw mine which is centered on the mine itself.

in Engineer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Rifle Turret is just easier to use, Throw Mine requires you to time both the toss and the detonation if it doesn’t explode on drop.

The best utility for both DPS and blast finisher cooldown is actually Elixir Gun though, the Acid Bomb does tons of damage if the target sits in it.

in Engineer

MacedoPT.9684

So guys ill revive this thread to say : is it true that engineers rifle/bomb buils do more DMG in PvP than even walled GS warrior ? I mean it says so in the new dps calculation ( and im talking direct DMG). Are really engis now top tier direct DPS in dungs ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

So guys ill revive this thread to say : is it true that engineers rifle/bomb buils do more DMG in PvP than even walled GS warrior ? I mean it says so in the new dps calculation ( and im talking direct DMG). Are really engis now top tier direct DPS in dungs ?

Not top its ele but engi is still about 12-15% more effective than War.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I do not recommend the rifle turret.

If you need a burst stacking thing for stealth or something, use the thumper turret. It has 3 blast finishers on it’s own.

If you want sustained finisher, you definitly want the elixier gun since it’s by far the best option for a blast finisher, heal, condi cleanse and damage. Harder to use but totally a Nr.1 kit!

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

MacedoPT.9684

My thing: lv80 ranger … Now im inbetween: continue my Engi ( lv30 all traits unlocked ) or my ele ( lv38 but need to unlock traits ) …

Does an Engi now fit in meta dung team? Plus, speed runs ?

Thx

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

I do not recommend the rifle turret.

If you need a burst stacking thing for stealth or something, use the thumper turret. It has 3 blast finishers on it’s own.

If you want sustained finisher, you definitly want the elixier gun since it’s by far the best option for a blast finisher, heal, condi cleanse and damage. Harder to use but totally a Nr.1 kit!

I must agree EG brings simply too much utility on the table to not use it:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

My thing: lv80 ranger … Now im inbetween: continue my Engi ( lv30 all traits unlocked ) or my ele ( lv38 but need to unlock traits ) …

Does an Engi now fit in meta dung team? Plus, speed runs ?

Thx

It fit before and now fit even more but you will still over and over hit that wall of dumb ppl “4 war, ele only”. If you are good player (engi need lots of learning to manage all synergies and rotation for diferent situations) and you found guild with ppl who actualy know more about theorycrafting not just copy paste builds from guides you will be more then satisfied. My guildies often kick war from party to took me instead because after many speed runs they simply know how great it is to have good engi in party:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

MacedoPT.9684

Great to hear .. And Aldo.. Great builds in your sign .. Will surge test them out no my Engi ty