WvW Build opinion

WvW Build opinion

in Engineer

Posted by: perro.2781

perro.2781

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQJAqelUUpPrlYxdLseRCbBNqxAqNIyNWlP3gAkUA-TlhAABhp8DU1f6a/hB1TAwLGgNlgBAQAmZZGk5MzQH6QH6QHazcmzcmzcmFCYxcA-w

There is a link to my eventual full condition build for roaming WvW.
Full rabid, full condition infusions etc.
I definitly need your opinion on what should I change or not to change to dominate the world :D

WvW Build opinion

in Engineer

Posted by: Tien.3865

Tien.3865

Looks decent. I’m not sure if the two sigils of smouldering stack though. Even if they do, I’d swap them out in favor of other sigils like battle, torment or even leeching. You have plenty of condition duration anyway.

About the nightmare runes… I ran nightmare runes on my engi for a while, but I found that they were more of a hindrance than an advantage. The condition duration is nice and it’s awesome when the fear proc saves you from an opening burst, but the fear can also mess up your rotations and decrease your damage output against both players and NPCs. It’s your call though.

Oh, and I would bring toolkit over either bombs or grenades. I could never go without the pull and the block. But again that’s just my preference.

Borlis Pass solo roamer

WvW Build opinion

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

if you going full condies, drop forceful explosives and get shrapnel.
as for sigils I’d go torment on one for sure. second one I don’t know, earth is probably the best for that build. energy/leeching/cleansing/corruption could be good too, certainly better than smoldering.
you’d have alot more dps this way and the cheer ammount of condies you’ll drop on your first few hits is overwhelming.

you might also want to drop hair trigger for 10 more points in tools so you get the extra stunbreak at 25% from eg toolbelt.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

(edited by Maskaganda.2043)

WvW Build opinion

in Engineer

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

99% sure same sigils dont stack

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

WvW Build opinion

in Engineer

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

WvW Build opinion

in Engineer

Trepidation Lost.3469

Basically the same as yours but tweaked a tad.
On a different note, why is pistol shield engi removed from the meta website and replaced with the classic celestial rifle build as of recent?

WvW Build opinion

in Engineer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Bomb kit AND Grenade is totally redundant in most cases.
Choose one.

If you are good at using LineOfSite in your favour, use the bomb kit.
Otherwise use grenades.

Replace it with something that allows for escape.

Elixer gun / Elixer S / Rocket boots, hell even slick shoes are better than having bombs and nades.

I prefer rocket boots for the blast finisher / bomb 4 combo.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

WvW Build opinion

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

On a different note, why is pistol shield engi removed from the meta website and replaced with the classic celestial rifle build as of recent?

Because PS is outclassed by PP condi and cele rifle!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

WvW Build opinion

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

prolly an editor with a vendetta against perplexity

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

WvW Build opinion

in Engineer

Posted by: Stillshade.7634

Stillshade.7634

Personally I really like shield for the blast and block/stun, but maybe that’s just me…

Maguuma Engi Evvenna
Things that go BOOM

WvW Build opinion

in Engineer

Trepidation Lost.3469

actualy pistol shield is still meta i misread it i put bomb+grenade as both are good, no to use both

WvW Build opinion

in Engineer

Trepidation Lost.3469