[WvW] Durable Juggernaut build

in Engineer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Build

Pros:

• High Healing Power, great sustain
  • Lots of cleanses, great against condition builds
  • Perma-18 stacks of Might just by holding Flamethrower, easy to reach and maintain 25
  • High, almost 100% uptime on Quickness if rotating weapons properly to proc the sigil
  • Enough condition damage to maintain damage via Burns through Endure Pain, Signet Of Stone or blocks
  • Basically immune to CC
  • Very strong sustained damage if you can stay on top of your target

Cons:

• Easy to kite if you’re not careful
  • You’ll probably stalemate anyone who’s semi-bunker
  • A Necromancers boon corrupt wet dream
  • No burst
  • Low mobility (although stealth uptime makes it acceptable)
  • Anyone with high Retaliation uptime is going to be a pain (literally)

I recently changed the stats of my hammer from Celestial to Zealot’s and it felt like it was the missing piece. Made a huge difference in overall performance and I felt like sharing with anyone who’s looking for a fun build to try out.

By no means do I claim it to be great, I’m certain there are much better FT builds out there but this one has served me very well. I can successfully 1vX rather easily and I pretty much laugh at all condition builds with the exception of Reapers. It’s great for zerging and hauling in loot, great for small group heal/stealth support and decent for 1v1’s although anyone who’s good at kiting can really make it suck.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Ever considered going apotechary/celestial and p/p instead? Yeah you loose some boon duration and obviously power/precision, but you get twice the healing power and condi dmg. Also not as easily kited.

in Engineer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Ever considered going apotechary/celestial and p/p instead? Yeah you loose some boon duration and obviously power/precision, but you get twice the healing power and condi dmg. Also not as easily kited.

I drop Hammer for Rifle + the Rifle trait sometimes if I know what I’m about to fight. Good Druids give me a lot of trouble if I get stuck in Hammer so I usually try to avoid that if I can. Since I have pema-Stability and Might, Overcharged Shot doesn’t effect me and Jump Shot can crit as high as 9k. To be honest, I prefer Rifle over Hammer, but Hammer is better in most situations ( + Rocket Charge through Regenerating Mist F1 is really nice ).

I’ve tried Pistol/Pistol and Pistol/Shield with this build and same stats, it doesn’t perform very well \:

I might give what you suggested a try at some point because I like to tinker with builds and such. So thanks for the heads up!

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma