WvW Engi Bomb heal build/Q's

in Engineer

Posted by: Caffeine.6724

Caffeine.6724

So first and foremost I run a Bomb heals build based off of running in a 10-20 man grp that hits and trys busting zergs of 40+ people.

My questions are as follows::
1. Is there a cap out of how much +healing helps the heals from your bombs? also known as is there a point where ill hit diminishing returns?

2. Would everyone suggest going more clerics? so that the spammable bomb one hits for sme decent dmg? Possibly get sme crit chance so it can crit a bit as well?

3. Would it be a good idea to shoot for decent stats in everything? say, 1k healing, 700 condi dmg, 1500 pwr? or am I better off going all our heals/condi or heals/pwr?

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqal0pic3zyuF1LJxoCdO0jCjf1KSR+t8nCyF-jEyAItASLAIQg5xioxW3KiGrWnIqWzg5VKiWtUAQsGA-w

Currently what I am running ^^

Frocusd 80 Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

Elixir Infused Bombs scales poorly

Base Heal is 145

45 + (1.25*Level) + (0.1*Healing Power)

0.1 scaling on healing power is horrible even with 2k healing power you wouldn’t see much improvement. Power is going to be vastly more important than healing power with it the faster they’re going to die the less healing anyone is going to need.

With that said super elixir with EG scales a bit better so if you go heavy healing it’ll improve it a decent amount.

If you’re really wanting to be a support healer engineer it really does not work out to terribly well do to the scaling issues. IIRC bombs / possibly elixir infused bomb scaling may be seeing some improvements in the next balance patch.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

in Engineer

Caffeine.6724

Not so much “wanting” to be a support toon, just feel with how my group pushes so much etc, that its a different avenue to play my engi. not to mention its quite fun. perhaps ill drop my healing to around 800 and just ramp up the dmg a bit to make it a bit more intimidating. Healing for 275 for every bomb, not to mention my aoe regen from dwayna runes seems quite useful in group fights.

Also thank you for the math, its greatly helps me understand it all.

And yea, hoping to see some possible love in the upcoming patch

Frocusd 80 Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

Not so much “wanting” to be a support toon, just feel with how my group pushes so much etc, that its a different avenue to play my engi. not to mention its quite fun. perhaps ill drop my healing to around 800 and just ramp up the dmg a bit to make it a bit more intimidating. Healing for 275 for every bomb, not to mention my aoe regen from dwayna runes seems quite useful in group fights.

Also thank you for the math, its greatly helps me understand it all.

And yea, hoping to see some possible love in the upcoming patch

Yeah sounds like you’re in a ok place for healing to essentially reduce incoming damage with the little bit of healing you’re doing/regen. It’s like having an extra protection buff active so to speak.

I find that aoe control abilities engineers offer make a huge difference in ZvZ scenarios aoe knockbacks / aoe immobilize/cripple are game changers and can reduce the amount of damage people are taking due to people being spread out a bit more. Big ol’ bomb, glue bomb, shield magnetic inversion(or glue shot w/pistol), Mine, toolkit’s box of nails freeze people in place, slow them down, knock kitten around get them spread out more to avoid the pain train and let your buddies pick them off. After the CC is on cooldown run around like a madman and spam those bombs.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

in Engineer

Caffeine.6724

Haha, that’s pretty much exactly how I play it. and with a little over 2k toughness I nearly never die if im smart about it. I’ve even considered throwing the sigil on my shield that slows enemies, for when swapping kits. I also use my EG for the number 3 and 5 skills, and they seem to help tons. I do admit I lack dmg for when I am in smaller grps/solo, thus why I think improving my power, at the cost on sme condi dmg/healing might not be a bad idea. tho id still like to see condi dmg at around 600ish if at all possible.

Frocusd 80 Engineer

in Engineer

Caffeine.6724

Sitting on 500 condi dmg, 1600 pwr, 800 healing, 2045 toughness. Seem decent?

Frocusd 80 Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: qjons.2453

qjons.2453

What do you tink is better for an engi bomb heal build, condition or power ?

(in a 20 man group)

in Engineer

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Well, bomb autoattack is one of the strongest in the game, right? I guess in zergs it might be stronger than conditions, IMHO.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself