WvW- Kit build, Bomb healing.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Hi all,

Been playing around with a different build and just looking for some advice if people have tried something similar to it before. The logic behind it would be a WvW zerg build, basically trying to stay in the thick of the zerg the entire time. While using BK for damage, while healing the zerg. The TK and EG would be for pull/cripple and range/pulse heal.

I trait-ed into Power Shoes to help with the fast movement during the zerg fights. Hopefully moving around enough to not get single targeted, would just have to worry about AOE. That is where the backpack regenerator would come in handy, just the little regen while using kits.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcQQFAUl0p6ZH5yuF17IyIFdmoF6hEefqlIF5nlB-jkxAorgQFAyiFRjtmWENWlNm6lIqWIAZjBA-w

in Engineer

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Well you don’t need Power Shoes if you’re taking Speedy Kits. If you’re going to use Bombs (especially with healing) you need Forceful Explosives. Pistol/Shield is much better set for this type of build. 2 Sigils, Poison, Blind, Projectile Reflect/Knockback/Blast Finisher, and Block/Daze/Projectile Finisher are better than what the Rifle brings to the table. Also Dolyak Runes heal for very little.

I’ll just link some possible changes instead of typing it all out. Could change Hydromancy to Energy if you need to dodge more.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcQQJAqelIq6ZH5yuF1LJxoCdO0D8XY1KSR+t8nCyF-jEyAoLhQyBABCMLWEN2C4Q0quhVZjpeJiqlBwcMA-w

in Engineer

Posted by: Linc.6834

Linc.6834

I agree with Sagramor, but I would go further and say that the heal from the bombs is also very little. If healing is what you really want to do, take the healing turret and get good at comboing all those blast finishers. Also if your going to be on the frontlines of a zerg you need protection injection and stabilized armor, because without any stability and only 1 stunbreak, your going to get chain stunned quite a bit (which is why I think engineers don’t belong on the front lines)

in Engineer

Posted by: MentalPause.9183

MentalPause.9183

I tried using Healing Bombs, and unless you have other classes, or engineers, doing the same type of AoE healing its just not worth it. The effect is so minimal overall, your better off taking Healing Turret and Blast Finishers like Linc said. Some math.

The formula for elixir infused bombs is: 45 + (1.25*Level) + (0.1*Healing Power)

Assuming you have 1400 healing power (what I ran when I used it):

45 + (1.25*80) + (.1*1400) = 285 damage healed per person, per bomb.

That’s a very insignificant amount in the thick of things. Another engineer running bombs for damage can easily nullify that damage 10 times over in the same amount of time it takes you to heal it. That’s hyperbole, but you get the idea.

The turret and Elixir Gun can give a ton of effective healing and condition removal for your group, and then you can focus more on dishing out damage or CC.

Just to be clear, I like the trait, but I think it either needs a much higher base heal or a much larger effect from healing power.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

in Engineer

Sagramor.7395

Yea, I was kind of hung on Backpack Regen being part of the theme so I completely overlooked Protection Injection, but in the front lines Protection Injection is very nice. Also jives with all the other sources of Protection. As for Stabilized Armor I would swap it out with Cloaking Device as needed since both have their place.

If you’re really getting beat on you should have good protection up-time.

3 sec on crit (20sec CD)
5 sec on CC (5 sec CD)
4 sec on hit 25% chance (30 sec CD)
+15% Protection duration
+35% Boon duration

Like Linc said the big thing with a build like this is going to be getting good at the combos.

2 Water Fields
1 Light Field
1 Fire Field
1 Smoke Field

5 Blast Finishers
2 Projectile Finishers (100%)

in Engineer

Posted by: Diet Plain.4513

Diet Plain.4513

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcQQFAUlIq6ZH5SfF1LJxoCdO0jCbf1KSRl1/nCyF-jkxAorgQFAyiFRjtmWENWlNm6lIqWIAZjBA-w This is close to what I run in WvW, using Melandru runes with -cond duration food. Very survivable. I’ve run through zergs no problem without being downed or using my utility elixir s. As the other guys said, P/S is better than rifle for this because of how good the shield skills are for tanking and for the extra sigil.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

I have actually not considered combos very often. Are there healing combos that increase the overall potency of the heal?

in Engineer

Sagramor.7395