WvW Non Roaming builds?

WvW Non Roaming builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

I’m having a bit of an issue finding a good build that is not for roaming. There are plenty of roaming scrapper builds, but in the large zergs I feel pretty powerless to do more than spam mortars.

What do we bring to wvw?

WvW Non Roaming builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

have you tried slick shoes with draining and absorption on your hammer

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

WvW Non Roaming builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You are never going to match other zerg-effective classes like guards or necros, so I would say just forget about trying.

I build my scrapper in zergs exactly like I do when roaming except I sneak, flank, penetrate deep, single out stragglers and launch surprise attacks apart from the zerg. Running on the commander is boring. The scrapper is a special forces unit, use it like you would a thief. Best would of course be to have 5 buddies so you can sneak gyro into the backline.

WvW Non Roaming builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: Mohagi.2738

Mohagi.2738

I agree with Dawdler in regards to build and play style, though i would say perfectly weighted seems better than adaptive armor in zergs. I have run the following build for a couple of weeks and it has been great fun.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCdeh1XBWXBEqilJjieur7/W8ZKgAIc7SmwC-ThCBQBA4CA8J1K43+DZR5BDfAAnRJ4WUikHdAeRJUlUVJAACghO0hO0hO025O35O35OLFQRatA-e

Melandru Runes would also work since it pairs extremely well with Impact Savant. Have not tried the Absorption Sigil yet, but cant be kitten d to run anymore tangled depth’s atm

WvW Non Roaming builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

I use this build for group and zerg v zerg fights… (Still working a few kinks out of it for my personal playstyle, sometimes I use cleric or nomad trinkets, depends on my mood)…
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdEQFASnUU5miqrUXZ9V6rwvL7WQoqNRLTGV42lMhl4zUABAdcn37NA-T1REABA8gA2SJYTK/aTHRiq/o0+DFcBBCAgAczbGYzbmlrclrclrcmvv9tyVuyJFQRCjA-w

The reason for the scrapper’s stability on using the function bot, as I can stomp two people at a time, helping to kill downs fast to help rally anyone that is downed on my team.

Its funny though Mohagi’s build is nearly same to mine in traits, but our gear is entirely different as I generally do second push rotations where I swap out sneak gyro for mortar when the zerg’s frontline turn to run back to back liners to heal. I run up to where the front line was and tank while using range to scatter the enemy before needing to retreat myself to regroup for a coordinated attack on the enemy zerg.

NOTE: You will want to get use to swapping out rocket boots for elixir gun, and sneak gyro for mortar as the battle or confrontation situation changes. Example, Mortar works wonders on EBG, but sucks on borderlands. Rocket boots works wonders for dodging the bombs of others and for escape, but in a long drawn out zerg v zerg fight, elixir gun can help keep you and others healed in addition to your and their normal heals. Nothing beats having an staff ele or druid, but they are usually the ones focused on right at start of fights.

(edited by KayCee.4653)

WvW Non Roaming builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: rpfohr.7048

rpfohr.7048

Shoot I just resurrected an old thread ( https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Scrapper-in-WvW-Zerg-busting-Frontline/first#post5887634 )
and didn’t see this one. Anyway I’ll post my version.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoC1XhdeBGpC0ehlKjScZCgyj+tr79O86KmuC-TFSBQB5RHQWUGowHAQlU/BAXAgzoEkH7PwFlekBgZMA-w

Most people have the right idea and I posted a more detailed response in another thread but I’ll just repeat here.

Don’t get tricked by adaptive armor. I’ve tested this a lot. What will kill you in a zerg is CC and positioning. the 1 second recharge on adaptive is not useful when getting spiked down really fast on the front lines. Also it reduced condi damage, you have lots of health so your ok. what will kill you more is condi duration on soft CC as it puts you out of positions.

The stability on dodge is much more important.

WvW Non Roaming builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Hi, do you know if those sigils have an ICD?

Also, how much dmg/heals is draining doing?

WvW Non Roaming builds?

in Engineer

KayCee.4653

Don’t get tricked by adaptive armor. I’ve tested this a lot. What will kill you in a zerg is CC and positioning. the 1 second recharge on adaptive is not useful when getting spiked down really fast on the front lines. Also it reduced condi damage, you have lots of health so your ok. what will kill you more is condi duration on soft CC as it puts you out of positions.

The stability on dodge is much more important.

Its only helpful when you don’t get interrupted. Dodges are all about timing and most individuals fail to dodge when it is 40 to 80 vs another group of roughly the same number.

Adaptive armor is good since you should also be stacking Toughness and Vitality else where. If you aren’t then you’ll definitely get steam roller’d by people. Adaptive armor works marvels especially when you use Elixir B’s tool belt skill for a boost in stability when needed. By 10 seconds into any large fight, you’ll have someone either downed on your side or on the enemy side, then pop Function gyro on a scrapper and with it traited you’ll get more stability. These two things help a lot if you’re trying to run the frontline.

I wouldn’t recommend anyone going frontline with scrapper or engi. Why? Because as the person sounded like in this original post, he’s not sure about what build or playstyle he/she should run. In that regard, most guild groups that I blob with, would say “Yeah, you’re back line… We need someone that knows their class better for frontline especially a heavy armor tank”. Now, if you’re in a pug group blob, well… Anything goes.

WvW Non Roaming builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Hi, do you know if those sigils have an ICD?

Also, how much dmg/heals is draining doing?

no icd
not sure on draining, i believe someone said 1k-1100 around here

need to try them myself but im on vacation over the holidays and my wvw tends to be roaming not zerging

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

WvW Non Roaming builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Been running relatively reliably with this:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASlUUh6rYtWwvLQ7FL3FF4CGhBQ4EGQZG9qH7zOA-TFiFABws/AhqHAwFAwIlfnpDoKlgHqiTCPAgAAIA38mBgje0he0hO0G6Qv5yt5QLDQxWA-w

Basically mortar is pretty awful for actually hurting people due to the crappy tracking, but blasting fields, or (leaping) as you will on your own demand is a much better use for it. And obviously don’t overwrite people’s fields. Chill/Frost armor is quite useful if you want to stand a chance but I do find drilling people with hammer 4 is pretty funny. And poison gas shell on the downs. That’s the one case you won’t miss.

You could definitely run stabilization core if you want to be better at ressing/stomping and rapid regen is also nice.

And yea don’t use your orbital strike for pedestrian pirate shipping; only use that crap when you make contact or if you’ve actaully managed to time your mortar field to land alongside the orbital strike, and then smack them with Ft2 and if the close is clear, with hammer skills. It goes without saying that you should probably turn FT’s autoattack off.

As a side note, you can also run rifle too if the hammer isn’t getting much use.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

WvW Non Roaming builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: mov.1246

mov.1246

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUh2tY1VwELQ7FLTGk4zKQAC3eyC73+SezB-T1BEABurDIR1fA4BAkz+DcpEM7LAgTK/AA-w

In WvW i don’t like the hammer, because there are wide and open fields. It’s very easy for ranged damage, I prefer rifle+nades.
Scrapper hammer is very strong, but you rarely fight on point. Hammer only does damage when you are close to your target.

WvW Non Roaming builds?

in Engineer

KayCee.4653

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUh2tY1VwELQ7FLTGk4zKQAC3eyC73+SezB-T1BEABurDIR1fA4BAkz+DcpEM7LAgTK/AA-w

In WvW i don’t like the hammer, because there are wide and open fields. It’s very easy for ranged damage, I prefer rifle+nades.
Scrapper hammer is very strong, but you rarely fight on point. Hammer only does damage when you are close to your target.

this is true, so for solo camp capture, hammer is good. for actual zerg fights, using mortar, elixir gun, rifle, and flame thrower make more sense. yet, even I do some blob fights with hammer. so, guess more of a personal preference.

WvW Non Roaming builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdEQFASnco6miiUVXZ9V6rwWL7WQ7lNRL3FF9qH7zu4B1D5AYDGhBAA-TFiDABIcAB8SJ4APIA40RMz+DMq+DUK/A4CAEAABYn7Mwm3MH9oH9oH9oNff7blrclTKgiEGB-w

What I use.

Same gear as KayCee basically but w/ different runes for.

3 Blocks/Immunities – Stability – 25 Stacks might – 2 reflects – minus 40% condi duration.

3400 Power/Armor w/ 65% Crit and 26.5k HP.

Lacks Swiftness (but whatever) and has low Ferocity (kinda hurts).

You can make up the lack of ferocity if you really wanted it via weapon / sigil / utility primer.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

WvW Non Roaming builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdEQFASnUU5miqrUXZRq6rwdL7WQoqNRLTG146VBRA9cX37t4zUABAA-TFCFABNpcRJlUppjALlg1s/gAPQADV/BgLEwmBBgJAJ8//3kkEpA0ToF-w

That’s my standard catch all setup for zerging/roaming. Depending on how the fights are going, I’ll swap out stealth gyro for mortar kit just to give some more long ranged options/support. Could swap out EG for Slick Shoes but I like having the zerg support options there from a HGH enhanced EG.

WvW Non Roaming builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdEQFASnco6miiUVXZ9V6rwWL7WQ7lNRL3FF9qH7zu4B1D5AYDGhBAA-TFiDABIcAB8SJ4APIA40RMz+DMq+DUK/A4CAEAABYn7Mwm3MH9oH9oH9oNff7blrclTKgiEGB-w

What I use.

Same gear as KayCee basically but w/ different runes for.

3 Blocks/Immunities – Stability – 25 Stacks might – 2 reflects – minus 40% condi duration.

3400 Power/Armor w/ 65% Crit and 26.5k HP.

Lacks Swiftness (but whatever) and has low Ferocity (kinda hurts).

You can make up the lack of ferocity if you really wanted it via weapon / sigil / utility primer.

Would love to try this but not sure if it would work with my celestial armor Exotic would be a no brainer to get I guess.

EDIT: You haven’t released any current videos?

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)