WvW P/P Condi Engi?

WvW P/P Condi Engi?

in Engineer

Posted by: Balthalzar.6243

Balthalzar.6243

Anyone have a condition based WvW build? I have a engi i’d like to play but he has full ascended viper armor/weapons and then vitality toughness condi acessories etc

WvW P/P Condi Engi?

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

I’ve got similar stats in wvw – maybe a bit more glass. I just use your standard condi traits in Firearms, Scrapper for Sneak Gyro and Function Gyro, and Tools for toolkit.

Heal Turret (rip..), Rocket Boots, Grenade Kit (or some other kit), Toolkit, Sneak Gyro

Magnet, Pry Bar, Static Shot, Rocket Kick, Blowtorch, darts/grenades/glue and someone is going to have a bad time.

(edited by coro.3176)

WvW P/P Condi Engi?

in Engineer

Posted by: grimtooth.3146

grimtooth.3146

could you post your build coro?

WvW P/P Condi Engi?

in Engineer

coro.3176

Stats: mostly viper/sinister with some dire for survivability.

Skills: Toolkit, Sneak Gyro, Rocket boots are the important ones

Traits:
Firearms – pistol condi duration, condi damage, incendiary powder
Tools – power wrench, streamlined kits, adrenal implant
Scrapper – whatever you feel like, but I use heal, heal on swift/superspeed, adaptive armor

Runes – whatever. I like Balthazar for the burn duration so you can tag warriors with blowtorch and still get some ticks in when their 30s of resistance finally ends.
Sigils – either + condi damage/duration, or + other condi on hit/swap. Former is better for damage, latter is better for opponents with lots of cleanse.

(edited by coro.3176)

WvW P/P Condi Engi?

in Engineer

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalcTh+uY9VwWLw6FL3Fl4B1D5Q4EGQbGYC+gBAA-T1xCQBQQJ4GV+hsTAwJ2fogq/AgHAQ90DQKAIWDA-w

This is what I run…if you dont have Trailblazer gear, Dire also works well. You can also swap a sigil for Smoldering for extra burn duration.

I personally am going for full Trailblazer. This is also a vanilla build as I find scrapper doesn’t offer enough for a good condi build (although you could swap Inventions for Scrapper and take the sneak gyro).

I have very little issues in PvP/WvW running this (PvP I use deadshot ammy and sometimes replace FT for Elixir C or U and replace Juggernaut for Incendiary Powder)

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

WvW P/P Condi Engi?

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

eh condi is fun but it seems to deteriorate / get left behind a little more every balance patch and its never had the sustain that power can get so easily so you gotta play too careful against good people.

also try flamethrower for sick burst cuz grenades are kinda sad when you dont take explosives

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

WvW P/P Condi Engi?

in Engineer

coro.3176

Yeah. Grenades are mostly for aoe on walls and poison/cleave on downs, and dealing ranged damage in awkward spaces. Flamethrower is too close range for a lot of situations. It is better damage, but it tends to be easily kited..

Disengage is critical because you have no sustain. Sometimes I’ll save rocket boots and sneak gyro if I think the fight is going to go long, or I’ll need to get out of range to avoid damage (reaper, warrior).

Meanwhile, power/scrapper can yolo in and constantly heal from all the self-combos.

(edited by coro.3176)