WvW P/P hybrid Condition Damage/Power build

in Engineer

Posted by: MentalPause.9183

MentalPause.9183

Hey folks I decided to share with you a build that I have been running in WvW as of late. I had always loved the hybrid nature of many HGH builds in the past and decided to give it an update after the most recent patch, sans HGH. This is not a solo build, and is best suited for team play with organized groups.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fcQQJAqalIqaeX3SiF1LJy4DcW4D4HoC11nHv1DChA-jEEBINCh0CIUgAkIgZPI5PY5QDityJslOBpCKaaGYqTRWlKpqXA+DR2jQZVIgFrBA-w

First and foremost, as I said before, this is not an HGH build, however you can maintain 15 stacks of might with this build utilizing enhanced performance and sigil of battle. With appropriate group play you should never be below 20 stacks of might, unless they get stripped of course.

So what does this build bring to the table?

• First off it has a tendency to saturate the battlefield with conditions. It easily reapplies conditions when they are removed creating constant condition pressure. This can obviously be offset by significant condition removal, however this build doesn’t solely rely on them.
  • Significant condition removal. Elixir Gun is a support power house and if used correctly in conjunction with pure support builds can help keep large groups cleansed.
  • AoE damage saturation as necessary. Once you get the might stacks rolling you can add a significant amount of sustained AoE pressure from grenades.
  • Versatility: Namely the ability to switch utilities for other utilities. If your group has heals and condition removal covered you can easily swap Elixir Gun for Flamethrower for a bit of control. If you find that you don’t need Slick Shoes, drop them for Rocket Boots or even Throw Mine. You can even drop Slick Shoes for Bomb Kit for the extra control options and combo fields. Its a matter of preference.

What you’ll be lacking:

• Control: This build doesn’t stack up well with or against control. You have an immoblilize some cripple and that’s about it overall. That can be slightly offset by Slick Shoes or Throw Mine and even Flamethrower.
  • An “Oh kitten!” button. You don’t have one, but you have two things to help offset that problem; Inertial Converter and Automated Medical Response. Once you hit 25% you Healing Turret recharges and your stun breakers are no longer on cooldown. This easily saves your and your teammates lives very often.
  • Mobility: Outside of Super Speed and Acid Bomb you really don’t have any of your own. Hopefully your teammates have you covered.

Why P/P?
What P/P lacks in Power it makes up for in Conditions. It helps you maintain the most possible conditions at a single time with this setup. I’m not saying you can’t run Rifle in a build like this, it just depends on what role you want to fit. If you want to have more significant CC pressure I’d recommend either rifle or running Shield. If you’d like to focus a bit more on power you should run Rifle. P/P is my hybrid weapon combo of choice.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

in Engineer

Posted by: MentalPause.9183

MentalPause.9183

How do you Rock-et (Or Rock it!):

I just want to go over a few basic gameplay tips, tricks and what not.

• On Healing: Without healing power the amount of healing you can throw out just won’t be enough for your group to rely on. You should coordinate and alternate with a more pure support build or coordinate with other builds providing some support. Your healing order is as follows: Initial heal is Super Elixir, it helps remove some of the initial conditions, provides lite healing and a light field to blast for retal. Second is situational. Although Fumigate isn’t a healing skill it has significant condition removal and should be used next if your teammates are becoming saturated with conditions but are not low on health. Otherwise you should use healing turret at this point to remove conditions and apply a burst heal and water field.
  • Inertial Converter and Automated Medical Response allow you to be a bit more liberal with your toolbelt skills and Healing Turret, don’t be afraid to use them when you need them.
  • DPS is based around area saturation. You should always be aiming for groups of people rather than focus firing a target. If focus fire is called try to hit them with Pistol 5/4/3 in that order and then either poison volley or Poison grenade to prevent some of their healing.
  • Under Pressure? Stay calm and dodge as necessary, remember that you’ll get a free recharge at 25% health. Use you toolbelt skills and heal before then to help alleviate some of the pressure. Once your skills reset use Super Speed if slowed in some way, followed by Healing Turret and try to high tail it to safety.
  • Retaliation: A good group will heal you through it, however if you do find that you are taking too much damage from retaliation swap out of grenades and focus with P/P. Try to let your conditions do the work. Throw Mine is also good in these situations as well, as it will often strip retaliation.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to express them here. Hope this build helps some people with group play in WvW.

- Oresan

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red