[WvW] Scrapper Solo

[WvW] Scrapper Solo

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASnUUBtbhVXBGpCEqilJji+vz7APc7SmwS8ZKgAA-TVCBQBbUJBaUC+RlaA4CAIGlBIU9nBpDgf7PAhHAApACcoF-w

- this build has good ratio between defense and offense. Thanks for high boon duration we can easily reach 25 stack might, perma fury, and other 5 perma boons.
- rapid regen has no place here. Superspeed is best granted by final salvo, but using it is pointless.
- toughness increase our power by ~400 (food, and scrappy trait) .
- use bulky gyro against hard hitting meele, if you want burst dmg, swap to elixir U. For even more burst, swap inventions to firearms(not recommended)
- this build can easily defeat 2-4 players alone. Don’t force them too long, you rely on your sustained heal. Use rocket charge/sneak gyro/shock sheild to escape.
-your dmg is decent, but against bunkers use poison on EG #3 .
-your main counter is necro. Swap to more offensive option.
- don’t use it in coordinated zergs. You have your own boons, this build work only in solo/duo roaming.

Stats:
Offense: 6/10 (25might, fury, quick, passive power+)
Defense: 9/10 (protection, toughness, bulky gyro)
Sustain: 9/10 (healing power from cleric ones, evades.. )
Mobility: 3/10 (perma swift, rocket charge, acid bomb)

27/40

This build suffer from low mobility. Your dmg is not high like marauder players buffed by team. You excell in passive defense, and high sustain. You only missing to be 10/10 defense a invulnerability, and for sustain 2nd heal. So this build make a bunker scrapper with nice dmg.

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

[WvW] Scrapper Solo

in Engineer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

its interesting man.
I think it has too much defense. the healing power is kinda lost on engi. lots of classes will strip your boons before you have a chance to build them up. one stunbreaker will get you killed against competent players. looks like a good noob destroyer though.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

[WvW] Scrapper Solo

in Engineer

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

I kind of agree on the healing power, you are getting 250 straight up from energy amplifier in inventions anyway.

Id also go more offensive, i feel trying to drop stuff on my Scrapper who has 2530 power(b4 bloodlust and might) 42% crit chance and 185% crit dmg is a chore.

Also condis, how do you deal with them? Even running purge gyro and e.gun i find it’s difficult to keep them in check.

This is what i run, it’s okish but against the top roaming builds(condi chrono, zerker) given equal skill it’s mostly a loss.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASnUUBFpidpCubBEqilJjac9qgIgeuz7+W8ZKgAA-TFTDABOqSwTKHARHgEXAAAMBRlSMa2fYgHAgCKBbUFiZUXRKlEBAQA4mH9o38mJFQgjsA-w

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

[WvW] Scrapper Solo

in Engineer

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

What an interesting and unique build using traits, runes, etc that you rarely see…

[WvW] Scrapper Solo

in Engineer

David.5974

against chrono- try to pop his distortion fast. Use acid bomb if he blocking and watch out for CS. Use shock sheild and rocket charge only to avoid his shatters. I still never find enough good chrono to beat me.

Toughness is bigger yea, but i can reach 3200 attack power in first 5 sec in fight with perma fury and 50% quick uptime. Today I was engage against really good war and reaper with succes win. Changing skills is nessesary in this build. I never feared change bulky gyro for elixir U fro even more quick, sometimes HT for elixir H for more protection (always against warrs and DH). For me it work for now :-)

[WvW] Scrapper Solo

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

How valuable is quickness to you really? How do you make use of it? I always thought of it as an AA buffer really, but how often is that what you are using to damage?

[WvW] Scrapper Solo

in Engineer

David.5974

How valuable is quickness to you really? How do you make use of it? I always thought of it as an AA buffer really, but how often is that what you are using to damage?

It is a AA buffer true. Look, you can try shreriff(wolfineer) builds for wvw like me was do. I had many problems in 1v1 and I was part of meta with counters → which is balanced.
Then I was try my idea, spend coins and time and discover enjoyable build which works great. Next step was share my build with you.

If you want more why quickness: faster land 3rd hammer aa which have big dmg. Acid bomb with quick electro-whirl make good number followed by AA. This scrapper setup (same like pvp power hammer) have low number of active skills so you will half of time pressing aa button.

Post your build if you feel that yours is much better. I always avoid zerg running (boring me as hell) so I build my skills to be stand alone.

Btw: thanks for comments guys!

[WvW] Scrapper Solo

in Engineer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I’m not up to date on the status of wvw roaming, but I would run something like this . thieves stealing your boons would be your biggest concern.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE