Zerg? I'll do it solo!

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: koroshi.2658

koroshi.2658

I wonder what other utility we could pick instead of the flamethrower to make it easier. Any ideas?

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: MentalPause.9183

MentalPause.9183

lol nicely done. I would have to say Elixir Gun would have been better in that situation for the extra heals and the consistent weakness on the tower champion. The extra damage from the FT was nice, however the knockback was useless and nearly 100% uptime on Weakness is a lot better than a blind every 20 seconds.

- Oresan

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

That was amazing Koroshi. :O
I second the vote for EG. Add on the stun break, condition removal and blast finisher.
Your bomb kit was doing enough dps on it’s own with the confusion, burning.

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

when u was thinking what to pick i was almost shouting – ELIXIR GUN!! PICK THE ELIXIR GUN!!!! But u did it with ft – nice job little engi)

let me see your build with stats and gear.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

This is the best video. Now I want to log in and play my Engineer. Well done!

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

m8 u made even gw2 devs play this game more)))))haha

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: Saki Asakura.6479

Saki Asakura.6479

Whoa that was really impressive! Excellent video as always

Level 80 Engineer: Kamonia

Borlis Pass

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

There is only the flamethrower, koroshi, it is the soul of the engineer.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: Thayel.1236

Thayel.1236

All I can say is; “Midget Power!”
My battle cry whenever I run into battle. Awesome video that shows how great Engi is. Two Ears Up my friend!

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

clearly, the ft is a broken and useless kit without any potential whatsoever.

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: Karast.1927

Karast.1927

nice video!

have ninja’d a few myself with the old tankcat build.

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Nice, well done!

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: Nix.3152

Nix.3152

please dont post such videos here or arenanet will nerf engi even more. in my opinion engi is already overnerfed. i hate arenanet for what they did to my class.

“You need actively react to the passives” (GW2 PvP 2013)

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

^ Get better. Engineer is quite a powerful profession. Although some stuff needs to be reworked, you shouldn’t have problems if you pick up some kits.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Karast.1927

engi is great for small scale, 1v1, and solo`ing pve mobs, but when you try to scale up to organized groups you just don’t compete as well as some of the professions.

The difference between the 5 and the 20+ person scale is fairly vast, and engi’s get lost in it.

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: Reinforcments.5713

Reinforcments.5713

Impressive…but I think you just got lucky you were not spotted.

During invasions near garrison, it’s always best to send in a few teams to nick some tower during the chaos.

Not too long ago I managed to take down 2 towers t3 and t1 with just one golem and a few stray players.

But kudos for just sheer luck.

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

koroshi.2658

Thanks for the awesome comments <3 Much love.

lol nicely done. I would have to say Elixir Gun would have been better in that situation for the extra heals and the consistent weakness on the tower champion. The extra damage from the FT was nice, however the knockback was useless and nearly 100% uptime on Weakness is a lot better than a blind every 20 seconds.

- Oresan

Thinking about it afterwards this might just be the right pick. I was hoping the knockback would be more effective, but the immunity was not helping at all. I will give it a try on the next tower capture and compare it to the flamethrower. The stunbreak would help loads on the disables the boss constantly puts out.

This is the best video. Now I want to log in and play my Engineer. Well done!

<3

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I think you will be happy with EG on your next attempt.

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Hoozah for Asura Engineers! I run mine on a Flamethrower/Elixir Gun build and I love it. Great job!

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Not too shabby!

Try it with Accellerant Packed Turrets using Net Turret, Thumper Turret, and Bomb kit. You can get massive might stacks, huge heals, and insane stealth durations whilst knocking away adds and eventually getting one off on the lord. A bit closer eye on the Lord and a well placed dodge or shield skill would also have made it easier on your hp pool. That being said you did a great job on the solo cap!

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Flamethrower was a solid choice, its blind while stunned saved you once against the npc’s, Napalm and Incendiary ammo were a bit redundant as FireBomb alone put out permaburn. Had another player come by, FT would definitely been your top choice, you’d been able to shove the player off any of the nearby cliffs or blindstomp if you managed to disengage the npcs and finish him.

Otherwise I would of suggested Radiation field to lessen the guards and champ’s dps, elixir guns duration is too low for the weakness to stack and its not like you would want to sit in the kit doing auto all day long, nor would the stunbreak be needed but Acid Bomb would of been useful for putting distance between the guards after a glue bomb.

I noticed you only used shield #4 for blast/knockback, are the tower lords shots unblockable? Also you like using that smoke bomb on the champ, don’t forget blind works only 10% of the time (: Side note, when you initiate the fight, is cabilist’s pull a projectile? Maybe you should try poppin a shot and then let Magnetic Shield/Airblast eat the bolas and pull.

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Do you have a grudge against elixir U or something? XD

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

Great vid. Kudos from a fellow eng, even though that was my server you capped the tower from. :P I prefer to solo camps since it’s much easier, as your vid clearly shows.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Teach me oh wise one!

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Really good video, bravo sir!

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

………….
ninja

Success is my only option, failure is not.

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Do you have a grudge against elixir U or something? XD

Elixir U is effective in bigger confrontations, since you will have some cover and the ability to drop a wall.

1v1 it is more of a draw back than an advantage, in my opinion.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

Good job, nicely done.

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

Bravo, koroshi! Way to make engineers shine.

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Solo an entire squadron and capture the tower completely alone.

26k exp and not even 2 silver.

Nicely done.

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

Nice one ^^ I wish sometimes I were on a smaller server to be able to try this, but it’s not possible on a medium server like Gandara. I love soloing.

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: JeffHardisty.1926

JeffHardisty.1926

Nice one ^^ I wish sometimes I were on a smaller server to be able to try this, but it’s not possible on a medium server like Gandara. I love soloing.

lol? FA is a tier 2 (rank 6) NA server, I wouldn’t say they are a small server; a bit smaller than TC (rank 4) who took that tower in the video before he took it back. Then again, I don’t know what it is like over on the euro servers, you guys might have more pop than our servers for all I know.

TC [CERN]

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

koroshi.2658

I actually have never seen gandara near the top of EU. Now I can say from personal experience tier 1 and 2 EU is bigger than FA. I would think that gandara is smaller, based on their position and my experience with the t3 servers we had moving to t2.

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Karast.1927

you can solo cap towers on Gandara I have done it a few times and I am on Gandara.

Gandara has a good population around primetime, and when things are going well we have a lot of pve players and guilds that will hop on, but we’re mostly a GvG server to an extent. We have a lot of guilds that go for the fights rather than the points. Which means when we climb up the ranks a bit to the zergier servers, our population cools off for a few weeks, and we drop down again. We don’t like the server zergs, so a lot of people hold back to avoid moving up a tier, and the moment were behind on points or we’re not dominating the maps, our pve population vanishes instantly.

But the issue with the solo cap is for the last few months we have been fighting the more zergy german servers, who nearly 24 hours of the day have 2-3 guys standing in each tower / keep on an arrow cart.

So it is hard to take anything without being scouted, even if you manage to hide a group inside.

A guardian and I were hiding inside anza’s. We got a good attempt on it and cleared out the npc’s and were capping when we got scouted and then zerged to death.

So sometimes it is more a matter of luck, and how well your enemy servers scout.

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

Posted by: valentine.9385

valentine.9385

that was brilliant! well done :-) love the little face cam too :P

Zerg? I'll do it solo!

in Engineer

koroshi.2658

It was some mixed feelings to keep my dodges up for if I did get ganked.