Zerg Meta WvW build

Zerg Meta WvW build

in Engineer

Posted by: mikeew.8607

mikeew.8607

LF Zerg WvW build cannot seem to find one.

Zerg Meta WvW build

in Engineer

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

That’s because engineers aren’t in the WvW meta. The E in GWEN stands for elementalist. That said you could certainly play one and have fun. I’d probably lean towards a grenade spec of some kind just because spammable ground-targeted AoE is likely to be more generally useful than anything else, but I’m hardly an expert on my engineer.

[edit: well there’s a thread about this on the front page, with builds posted by people with lots more experience than I have:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/WvW-Frontline-builds ]

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

(edited by GreyWraith.8394)

Zerg Meta WvW build

in Engineer

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

You can try this – but as Grey posted, current meta’s guardian-ele-warrior-necro.

Zerg Meta WvW build

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Don’t play anything with conditions. Condition damage is capped, delayed, reduced and purged. Go with berserker.

Zerg Meta WvW build

in Engineer

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Don’t play anything with conditions. Condition damage is capped, delayed, reduced and purged. Go with berserker.

Full-Berserker is the official rallybot stat in zerging afaik. Btw as you mentioned conditions aren’t the most optimal choice for zerging, but with carrion you have decent Power too and vitality to survive the Retaliation.

Zerg Meta WvW build

in Engineer

Posted by: Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

On the odd occasion I find myself running in a zerg (mostly roam these days) I tend to use one of three builds (unless I’m lazy and cba changing spec, typically when I’m running condi). For the most part I run celestial with traveller runes (because why not), 4 ’zerk accessories and two knights, all ascended.

6/2/0/4/2: The standard grenade setup. Its a good, effective and reliable build that gives you the AoE coverage, poison, and chill along with decent survival. Just have to watch for the retaliation damage when lobbing grenades.

2/0/6/6/0: Tanky healing bomb build designed more for support than damage. Usually take HT, Elixir S or Rocket Boots, EG (best condi cleanse in the game imo) and BK. I usually run this with P/V/T armour or celestial with PVT accessories.

4/4/0/4/2: The good old classic flamethrower build. This one you have to pay attention to the retaliation damage so you know when to drop back to the rifle or EG. Does decent damage and can usually catch a fair few enemy squishes as well as near death ones. Its not a popular build because of the amount of retaliation in a zerg but most often you’ll find that focused on the enemy tank ball. Their DPS however usually is retaliation free for the most part or at least small enough to handle through the amount of background healing in the zerg.

Zerg Meta WvW build

in Engineer

Posted by: Snakebyte.2804

Snakebyte.2804

On the odd occasion I find myself running in a zerg (mostly roam these days) I tend to use one of three builds (unless I’m lazy and cba changing spec, typically when I’m running condi). For the most part I run celestial with traveller runes (because why not), 4 ’zerk accessories and two knights, all ascended.

6/2/0/4/2: The standard grenade setup. Its a good, effective and reliable build that gives you the AoE coverage, poison, and chill along with decent survival. Just have to watch for the retaliation damage when lobbing grenades.

2/0/6/6/0: Tanky healing bomb build designed more for support than damage. Usually take HT, Elixir S or Rocket Boots, EG (best condi cleanse in the game imo) and BK. I usually run this with P/V/T armour or celestial with PVT accessories.

4/4/0/4/2: The good old classic flamethrower build. This one you have to pay attention to the retaliation damage so you know when to drop back to the rifle or EG. Does decent damage and can usually catch a fair few enemy squishes as well as near death ones. Its not a popular build because of the amount of retaliation in a zerg but most often you’ll find that focused on the enemy tank ball. Their DPS however usually is retaliation free for the most part or at least small enough to handle through the amount of background healing in the zerg.

Indulge my curiousity: what traits do you run in explosives for that flamethrower build?

Gringo Pls, JQ Engineer

Zerg Meta WvW build

in Engineer

Posted by: Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

Usually Accelerant-Packed Turrets and Incendiary Powder.

APT is useful with Supply Crate and HT and can usually catch a few people off guard, either breaking their flow or knocking them into your zerg. IP because theres nothing wrong with having some extra burning, more so if you get caught by yourself or in a small group and are having to flip between FT (might stacks, KB and AoE Blind), EG and rifle.

You can sub out APT for Exploit Weakness (but I don’t find it that useful in a zerg situation) or Acidic Elixirs if you’re running HGH + FT and IP for Enhance Performance if you want some more might rather than a reliable burn.

Zerg Meta WvW build

in Engineer

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

let me say this pretty clear….using grenades in zerg fights sounds easy but actually performing it agaisnt a zerg is difficult to pull off and tiring.

I have tried them all….grenades condi and power, flamethrower(die from retal faster than grenades), static discharge…..the only legit way to be in a zerg fight, and survive, damage, not having carpal tunnel, and have any use to your zerg is bomb heals build.

You can try all the other builds you want and believe me or not i love my engi, all the other builds just dont perform, even with ascended gear. So if you want to use a build that can perform and survive while doing so so u can tag some bags…then try this build i have used on my engi since EOTM came out. Thats my armor and infusions.
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQJAqelUUpPr9dx+KseNiaBF6MuxAI6Qmlr8pIA-TVCEABWp8TQlgYq+zd6Bk4EA0mGCAeQAxs/wDHQgAAIA3sNDSci5oH9oH9oHtbezbezfO0SBUkyI-w

Ive posted this in other posts, there is no sticky of this or any build like this for that matter, but you could have found it if you looked a bit more, im sure im not the only one with this build.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes