Zipp Tinker's The Celestial Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: FreekPalmer.2839

FreekPalmer.2839

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZghrOh1bGfd-S082ab4Nw1-W4LeoRBJW

Here is a link to my celestial builds.

I personally think that Celestial even with the nerf incoming (that maybe a boost) is the strongest way to play eng.

Feel free to disagree, but I thought I would get it out there.

Zipp Tinker
https://www.youtube.com/zipptinker
For my latest Videos and Builds

in Engineer

Posted by: unfettered wrath.1403

unfettered wrath.1403

You wouldn’t happen to have any footage of this in wvw as solo or small group roaming would you?

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

There are plenty of celestial engineers around.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

ìve been playing a 50/50 celestial/other geared engineer for a while and it just hauls kitten , not to concerned about the incoming nerf since more sigils and and better runes will open up more effective and viable options for celestial/might stacking engineers

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

unfettered wrath.1403

Thanks Ukune. I am pretty much sold on the celestial armor/specialized trinkets as well. My main question I guess is this ; will going full celestial armor/trinkets sacrifice too much in terms of damage? I like hybrid play which is what I am trying to reach on my engineer. Just not sure how low is too low with hybrid condition damage…

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Another brother in celestial arms! Yay! XD

We have some key differences, FWIW.

I gave up on using Shrapnel and Incendiary Powder in favor of taking Forceful Explosives, Short Fuse, and using Condition Duration food. And in Firearms I took Infused Percision and Rifled Barrels. While not taking Precise Sights was a hard choice, I found that Steelpacked powder did the job well, and in non-solo play conditions get unwieldy and stack up fast. As for dealing with conditions, I found that even with knockback and blind, they still could get the better of me. With that in mind, I decided to sacrifice some damage and take 20 in alchemy and use EG. This gives me access to Transmute, HT Overcharge, and EG#5 to help deal with them should they get out of hand. As a bonus, with as often as I crit (50%) Vigerous is up nearly constantly and I can also take Protection Injection or Backpack Regenerator if I am getting chewed up in WvW. Lastly, I use full travelers runes.

For the hybrid build this lets me:

• BK’s effectiveness goes through the roof with Forceful Explosives, IMHO
  • GK & BK benefit from shorter cool downs to keep conditions on
  • Since you get getting some tough and vit from taking celest, you shouldn’t feel as scared to drive by with BK
  • Use BK#2 to apply burning on more targets more often
  • Use GK#2 to apply bleed stacks on more targets more often
  • Stronger range to help land Pistol#3 and all EG skills
  • Have a stun break
  • Stronger survivability and boon duration

The ONLY bad side in this, I have found, is that the increased Toughness and Vitality (compared to everyone else likely having zerker or assassin) and using a shield makes it more likely for you to pull mobs as it is part of the theoretical “aggro formula.”

Keep playing with it. I’ve found it to be very versitile and helpful to the overall success of dungeon encounters and a havok squad/solo wvw.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

Thanks Ukune. I am pretty much sold on the celestial armor/specialized trinkets as well. My main question I guess is this ; will going full celestial armor/trinkets sacrifice too much in terms of damage? I like hybrid play which is what I am trying to reach on my engineer. Just not sure how low is too low with hybrid condition damage…

ive never gone full celestial atm i use a celestail chest rifle, amulet, back and rings, the rest is for what stats i feel need buffing which has mainly been either zerkers soldiers or rabid/dire, but that distribution of stats comes heavily down to your build.

i use HGH nades and with the right traits has massive potential to pump out lots of conditions really quickly which allows me to take less condition damage and more power stats since with more conditions i need less condition damage to maintain a high output of condition damage that wouldn’t be doable with a different build.

but the best thing you can do is test and test alot its the only way you can find exactly what works best for you.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

unfettered wrath.1403

Personally, grenades in wvw are not an option for me because I hate using them so much. Typically I use a 20/10/15/15/10 build with celestial armor and divinity runes, rabid everything else. It works pretty well but I just cannot shake the feeling that full celestial would be difficult to deal with as an opponent due to the direct and condition damage pressure. Maybe I am dreaming too much… Always have that “my gear and build could be better/different” feeling…
@ edit: Querk- just saw the link to your build. I like it… Pretty sure you just made up my mind. Mostly because celestial makes me feel good inside and I want to make the “zerker or go home” crowd cry with frustration lol!

(edited by unfettered wrath.1403)

in Engineer

Posted by: gimrob.9071

gimrob.9071

I like celestial, I use it in wvw all the time. In pve I sometimes use all celestial for healing weak puggers or in fights dps is not all that important. Most times I run 1/2 celestial with ramp/zerkers. But I do have full zerkers for those dps races.

I run 30/30/0/0/10. I use bombs and healing turret(learn combos) for might stacking a lot. But grenades do find a role went range is needed.

If your new to engi I would go 1/2 celestial 1/2 zerker. Zerkers is not very forgiving learning dungeons or fotm. But outside dungeons in pve any build works.

Lastly, flamethrower kit is not a dps kit(fun but no dps). It great for a fire field or tagging mobs in world events/wvw. In a dungeon you are doing no dps if it is your main kit and a big reason why so many hate engi in there group.

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Since I crafted my Celestial armor set with Traveler Runes I haven’t looked back. Was running full Zerker but since our grenades and bombs dish out so many conditions anyway, I find Celestial to be better in terms of pressure and survivability.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

You’ll still deal excellent direct damage with a full celestial set if combining Modified Ammunition with grenades. Grenades are optimal for celestial builds.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

No you won’t, that’s the whole point of why using Celestial armor on Engineer is a good idea. The difference between Celestial gear and any other set of gear is less than 200 points of the “main stat”. Meaning Berserker’s gear has less than 200 more power, Rabid gear has less than 200 more condition damage. That is equal to less than 6 stacks of might. I would not call that significant.

If they raise stats on Celestial it will be even less of a difference.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

unfettered wrath.1403

Gizmo, I didn’t even think of it that way… Going to start working on celestial ascended armor and trinkets then. Thanks for everyone’s input!
Oh and I apologize to the OP for high jacking your thread haha!

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

Gizmo, I didn’t even think of it that way… Going to start working on celestial ascended armor and trinkets then. Thanks for everyone’s input!

Please understand my post was for Celestial armor only. The difference becomes far more than “less than 6 stacks of might” if you are using more pieces of Celestial like trinkets or weapons in addition to armor.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

unfettered wrath.1403

Bleh… Totally read that wrong Gizmo… Thank you for the clarification

in Engineer

Posted by: Ledddawe.8964

Ledddawe.8964

is better go full celestial or just armor and weapons and trinkets somethink else ?
anyone have some final stats of full celestial engi comparated to full rebid ? and how is bleedd confusion pls im really at point wehre i wanan craft my armor ascended and dont know which one

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

is better go full celestial or just armor and weapons and trinkets somethink else ?
anyone have some final stats of full celestial engi comparated to full rebid ? and how is bleedd confusion pls im really at point wehre i wanan craft my armor ascended and dont know which one

gw2skills.net

Play around with it yourself and see what you like best. Most people here are suggesting Celestial armor with trinkets/weapons based on your current build (since those are easier to get).

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZghrOh1bGfd-S082ab4Nw1-W4LeoRBJW

Here is a link to my celestial builds.

I personally think that Celestial even with the nerf incoming (that maybe a boost) is the strongest way to play eng.

Feel free to disagree, but I thought I would get it out there.

Question that I’ve been meaning to ask a while now that I might as well ask here.
You use a “Might on Crit” sigil in mainhand and “Torment on Crit” in offhand. I was under the impression that if you used two “X on Crit” sigils they would interfere with one another to the point that it was less efficient to run two of them than with swapping one out.
Your thoughts? Or am I misinformed?

in Engineer

FreekPalmer.2839

They do actually interact with each other badly.
But the reason I did this video was to make it last a little bit longer as of march 18th I believe the sigils will function correctly.

I hope that helps.

Zipp Tinker

in Engineer

FreekPalmer.2839

that’s totally fine. worked out well as I just wanted people to see my build posts

So thanks.

Zipp Tinker

in Engineer

unfettered wrath.1403

I like your builds

Been playing engineer as main for a year and it is by far my favorite profession, followed by d/d power necro in wvw. I think it is fantastic that fellow engineers are not afraid to go outside of the “meta”, invest in these builds, then share their experiences with the community. Rarely do I see a fellow engineer bashing on someone for trying something different and I really enjoy this community’s collaboration efforts!