anyone still roaming in WvW?

in Engineer

Posted by: Meurto.8520

Meurto.8520

Engineer was my first love in gw2. I’ve played many types of builds in wvw and always loved the flexibility offered by the class. I was excited when HoT was announced and we would see new elite specializations, but this quickly turned to disappointment with every new reveal regarding the scrapper. So much so that my engineer has set untouched all through HoT until a couple months ago. I was going to dust him off and try out some wvw with rifle, p/p or p/s, but then I realized – I never see any engineers in wvw except for the occasional scrapper using hammer. I started browsing through the forums, but it seems like there really isn’t much discussion regarding wvw and core engi and that left me thinking…. is anyone playing anyone roaming on a non hammer engi in wvw and enjoying it? Or is everyone just hanging up their toolbox until PoF?

in Engineer

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

The only time I really use core engi for WvW nowadays is for condition builds with p/p or if I’m messing around on an SD build. Other than that I always use Scrapper with hammer for my builds. Rifle is a good damaging weapon but hammer has so much defense and utility and can still bring great damage its hard to not choose it.

Maybe with Holosmith I’ll use rifle more since you have the forge mode to supplement it as well.

For me Rifle doesn’t have good enough autos to use it as a main weapon. I actually have a build that is okay that uses rifle for the burst in 3/4/5 and tool kit for its utility and auto attacks when there’s nothing else to cast.

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

To be fair, how often do you see successful core Guardians, either? Rangers? Thieves? Just about everyone utilizes their elite specialization.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

my wvw engis are rotting. as long as thief shortbow can daze, they will prolly rot. ill try out holosmith and play the kitten out of it, but i dont expect it will compete with a non weapon swapping condi shortbow thief in mobility, tagging potential, rage aggro potential, or ease of play. core engi in any build struggles to compete, and power scrapper has too hard of a time landing damage in a roaming environment when it bulks up enough to survive, and condi scrapper leaves something to be desired though it is fun.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: PolleyPocket.9162

PolleyPocket.9162

To be fair, how often do you see successful core Guardians, either? Rangers? Thieves? Just about everyone utilizes their elite specialization.

core Guardians are always used over anything else in WvW… Esp in Vabbi when we want to win outnumbered fights in WvW.

[JEDI] Yoda Smyth – Scrapper Engie- Vabbi EU
Emporer Palpatine – Tempest Ele

in Engineer

Posted by: Meurto.8520

Meurto.8520

I wasn’t quite clear in what I was saying, but what I meant was that I am looking for any engi/scrapper builds without hammer. Even if we just look at scrappers (not sure I have seen one not using a hammer) there seem to be very few compared to all other elite specs.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Still running p/p condi scrapper in WvW daily, still one of the best if not the best resser/stomper under pressure. It is always underrated by the enemy. Hell even in zergs I have been able to stomp people just because they go “oh that solo guy downed one of our guys in the back lol lets just lazily run and res because he’s already running away…”

Sure we got no teleports to escape with but at least we’re not kittening coward thieves that will always run away burning. When we burn we drink homemade “elixir”.

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Heh, I usually mess around with rocket boots, static discharge, final salvo, & rifle, though I should really go back to hammer. Though will probably ditch all of it for Holismith.

And yea, most of the core specs I have not used in general… zzzzzz

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

I roam from time to time with a scrapper marauder edition of ye olde static discharge rifle build and upgraded rocket boots. I was… surprised to see it working better than I expected. But it’s not #daredevilsickplayz material.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

In my experience I have the most roaming fun when I:
-Roam with 1 or 2 buddies to cover weaknesses/deal with imbalance (only gonna get worse when PoF goes live) (not all builds work well together)
-play on the off hours (not primetime)
-play on desert borderland

(edited by santenal.1054)

in Engineer

Posted by: stopa.9027

stopa.9027

I play p/p condi scrapper and have a lot of fun, if i see another condi engi, its always core, not scrapper, and i dont know why, scrapper and sneak gyro is so much fun (before nerf it was so op)
I think there is a lot of better and easier classys/builds to play but if you rele want engi and want some ideas pm here or in game