armor for support

armor for support

in Engineer

Posted by: Silencium.8154

Silencium.8154

Hoi,
i’m running my engi with two pistols and EG, Bombkit and RF, what armourstats should i aim for? Condition, power, toughness? Pve is my game. Occasionally doing pvp. Are there some good basic trait setups for the combo EG and Bombkit?
Thx for the input.

(edited by Silencium.8154)

armor for support

in Engineer

Silencium.8154

Hm no-one like to share some wisdom?

armor for support

in Engineer

Posted by: PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

What’s RF?
Offensively, Elixir Gun is horrible, even with high amounts of Power. Bomb kit, on the other hand, is wonderful and hits hard. Condition Damage benefits both kits almost the same. The problem is that if you spec too much into Cond. Damage you lose out on the potential damage of Bomb kit with Power. This somewhat leaves you with the decision of either going with Cond. Damage or Power as your emphasis for damage output. So, if you want to bring them both, I’d recommend that you invest into both Cond. Damage and Power so both your kits will do respective damage. (I tend to favor Power over Cond. Damage)

Defensively, you got two choices: Vitality and Toughness. In my experience, both equally give about the same survivability. As a rule of thumb, Vitality is better when you don’t bring condition removal and Toughness is better when you do have it. Ultimately it’s up to how your play style is: Do you like concentrating on damage? Bring Vitality. Don’t mind keeping an eye on your health and conditons? Bring Toughness.

All-in-all, I’d suggest Carrion stats (Cond. Damage, Power, Vitality) for your build. As for traits; Explosive Powder and Forceful Explosive is nice for bombs, and Rifled-barrels and Sharpshooter are nice for Elixir-Gun.

armor for support

in Engineer

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

I am a support engineer as well, but I focus around Elixers and the Elixer Gun. I use the Cleric gear. Works fine for me. Decent heals and decent damage as well.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

armor for support

in Engineer

Direksone.3867

Also for Bomb kit get the trait that makes every explosion heal (its the 30 pt one) that works like a charm. I have increased range and reduced CD as 2 traits in Firepower for my pistol and Elixer gun.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

armor for support

in Engineer

Silencium.8154

Thanks for the answers so far. It allready gives me a direction in what direction to go.

armor for support

in Engineer

Direksone.3867

Let us know on what specc and gear you’ve decided on! It’s always fun to share and discuss!

armor for support

in Engineer

Silencium.8154

Well i’ll try with a 10/10/30/0/20 build: with forcefull explosives, riffled barrels, energized armor, power shoes, elixir-infused bombs, static discharge and speedy kits. For gear i think i will go to Carrion gear to start. But Cleric sounds nice too…. still need to test some more. I’m running with two pistols atm. I allready lvled most off my time with bombs and like you said Direksone, the healing on the bombs is great. I think if you gear up with more healing you’ll be pretty hard to kill, no?
Oh RF=radiation field :-)

armor for support

in Engineer

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

When going for Support, or Bomb builds in general, I very much prefer using a Shield for the extra Blast finisher.

Geared in Cleric’s or Apothecary’s, each Bomb is estimated to heal for 340 hp, Super Elixir gives 334 hp/s and Regeneration heals for 379 hp/s. If you swap out Radiation Field for Elixir R and Static Discharge for Kit Refinement, a full combo provides the group

3 Conditions removed per second (Super Elixir, Kit Refinement (Elixir Gun) and Toss Elixir R)
About 1,048 hp/s excluding Bombs (Super Elixir, Kit Refinement (Elixir Gun) and Regeneration)
20s of Retaliation (Detonate Healing Turret, Big Ol’ Bomb, Magnetic Inversion and Supply Crate inside Light field)
20% Revive per second

armor for support

in Engineer

Posted by: Daigle.8497

Daigle.8497

Might I suggest instead of Static Discharge, you run Kit Refinement, due to your relatively long cooldowns on toolbelt skills?

You get more condition removal due to having the Elixir gun (double healing light fields) that way.

Also, the elixir gun isn’t bad offensively at all.

With power, the damage of Acid bomb scales quite well, especially if you can land some CC or immobilizes for 3 ticks or more (Glue shot, Glue bomb and Elixir F). Its cooldown is relatively fast, 15 seconds untraited, and Elixir F isn’t too bad for damage on its own.

armor for support

in Engineer

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

When going for Support, or Bomb builds in general, I very much prefer using a Shield for the extra Blast finisher.

Geared in Cleric’s or Apothecary’s, each Bomb is estimated to heal for 340 hp, Super Elixir gives 334 hp/s and Regeneration heals for 379 hp/s. If you swap out Radiation Field for Elixir R and Static Discharge for Kit Refinement, a full combo provides the group

3 Conditions removed per second (Super Elixir, Kit Refinement (Elixir Gun) and Toss Elixir R)
About 1,048 hp/s excluding Bombs (Super Elixir, Kit Refinement (Elixir Gun) and Regeneration)
20s of Retaliation (Detonate Healing Turret, Big Ol’ Bomb, Magnetic Inversion and Supply Crate inside Light field)
20% Revive per second

Hello.
That was the kind of discussion i was looking for.
Can you give me more information about:
-how much healing power do you need to make elixir F provide 334 hp regen/s?
-do i need to go full cleric also as jewel upgrade (orbs)?
-if i have to go full cleric to have all that regen, do i have any chance of defend my self in aWvW 1 vs 1 fight?

I dream a full support setup, with heaing turret+elixier gun+kit refiniment+elixier R, but i also would like to be able to survive during a fight … or at least make my enemy give up on me cause due to my regen/toughtness i would be hard to kill.
Sorry for my english.
Regards.

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson

(edited by Nirvana.8659)

armor for support

in Engineer

PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

To get 300 tick regen you’re probably going to need at least 1400 Healing Power, which will probably require you to go full Cleric’s including trinkets. You’ll also probably be investing 30 into Inventions as well, where you can convert 5% of your toughness and 10% of Healing Power into Power. Bombs are going to be hitting about 1000 flat-damage each on auto.

armor for support

in Engineer

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

Ouch…1400 healing power…
Ok,tnx for reply.

Regards.

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson

armor for support

in Engineer

Direksone.3867

Well i’ll try with a 10/10/30/0/20 build: with forcefull explosives, riffled barrels, energized armor, power shoes, elixir-infused bombs, static discharge and speedy kits. For gear i think i will go to Carrion gear to start. But Cleric sounds nice too…. still need to test some more. I’m running with two pistols atm. I allready lvled most off my time with bombs and like you said Direksone, the healing on the bombs is great. I think if you gear up with more healing you’ll be pretty hard to kill, no?
Oh RF=radiation field :-)

A really good bunkerbuild for PvP uses the healing bombs extensively! You won’t kill anyone, but you would be excellent at area denial and staying alive.

armor for support

in Engineer

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

20% Revive per second

Hello.
That was the kind of discussion i was looking for.
Can you give me more information about:
-how much healing power do you need to make elixir F provide 334 hp regen/s?
-do i need to go full cleric also as jewel upgrade (orbs)?
-if i have to go full cleric to have all that regen, do i have any chance of defend my self in aWvW 1 vs 1 fight?

I dream a full support setup, with heaing turret+elixier gun+kit refiniment+elixier R, but i also would like to be able to survive during a fight … or at least make my enemy give up on me cause due to my regen/toughtness i would be hard to kill.
Sorry for my english.
Regards.

To give a little basis for my numbers:

Armour
Exotic Cleric’s, Magi’s or Apothecary gives 315 Healing Power

Trinkets
1 x Magi’s Spineguard
1 x Sapphire Orichalcum Amulet
2 x Sapphire Orichalcum Earring
2 x Sapphire Orichalcum Ring

Total gives 358 Healing Power

Weapons
Cleric’s, Magi’s or Apothecary’s Pistol and Shield gives 180 Healing Power

Upgrades
12 x Exquisite Sapphire Jewels give 300 Healing Power
Superior Sigil of Life at 25 stacks give 250 Healing Power
Bowl of Saffron-Mango Ice Cream gives 123 Healing Power

Traits
30 in Inventions for Elixir-infused Bombs gives 300 Healing Power

Total
1,826 Healing Power

(edited by Ojimaru.8970)

armor for support

in Engineer

PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

~snip

I use almost the same exact setup, except I use the Cleric’s Spineguard, which you can get from lvl 80 Personal Story.