backpack does not change with kits?

in Engineer

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Been gone a while, came back, and my engineers backpack does not change when I swap kits anymore?

Why not? I loved that. Was a nice cosmetic change when you swapped kits?

Did anet change it because of the whining? Is there an option to change it back so they change?

in Engineer

Posted by: Hoshinohi.1896

Hoshinohi.1896

Yes they changed it as it covered the normal backpiece and i think that is fine this way. Every Kit has now his own special skin so it is not like there is nothing instead.

If u use grenades now u will hold a bunch of them in ure hand and if u use bombs u will have a bomb in ure hand and so on.

Of course it is a bit strange in the first way as it feels that something is missing but i like it that way far more than before.

in Engineer

Posted by: Depths.4051

Depths.4051

its a good thing they changed it, its nice not feeling like a homeless person carrying all your valuables in a ratty backpack. I’m sorry your character looked penniless so it could match the backpacks, but most of us didn’t, and didn’t like them owo.
The change is much appreciated.

in Engineer

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

mo swag less grubby bag

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Engineer

Cameirus.8407

its a good thing they changed it, its nice not feeling like a homeless person carrying all your valuables in a ratty backpack. I’m sorry your character looked penniless so it could match the backpacks, but most of us didn’t, and didn’t like them owo.

I liked it, it made me feel like an engineer, with my kits and my gear. I thought it looked good.

Really not happy Anet caved to the qq. and did not leave an option to keep it if you wanted.

in Engineer

Posted by: Depths.4051

Depths.4051

i hated em. Made it so no matter how classy i made my character look, the second i swapped to any kit, they’d feel out of place with a hobo bag on their back.

in Engineer

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

This is a fantastic change in my view. I took a break for nine months, and when I came back I felt something was different about my engie but I couldn’t tell what.

Honestly, I’m very pleasantly shocked that they finally acted on all the hobo sack complaints. My Sylvari no longer has to deal with those shameful things being a part of his kits build. None of them matched my TA based style remotely.

I can understand wanting the option to keep them, though. That would be the only way to please everyone (though I’d wager they pleased the majority.)

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

in Engineer

Cameirus.8407

This is a fantastic change in my view. I took a break for nine months, and when I came back I felt something was different about my engie but I couldn’t tell what.

Honestly, I’m very pleasantly shocked that they finally acted on all the hobo sack complaints. My Sylvari no longer has to deal with those shameful things being a part of his kits build. None of them matched my TA based style remotely.

I can understand wanting the option to keep them, though. That would be the only way to please everyone (though I’d wager they pleased the majority.)

I came back and my character is not my character anymore.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I liked it, it made me feel like an engineer, with my kits and my gear. I thought it looked good.

Really not happy Anet caved to the qq. and did not leave an option to keep it if you wanted.

Yeah, how dare they give in to a huge community complaint. It’s like they wanted to please their customers or something! Such craziness.

ok, had to play the sarcastic card, but I hear ya, I know a lot dislike the gaurdian Aegis shield. I love it. However if it were removed I’d be fine with that as A LOT don’t like it, just like with the kits, you had a huge sticky post complaining about it, makes sense to remove it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

Next up: Change kittenawful skin for Mortar.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ooops.8694

Ooops.8694

Next up: Change kittenawful skin for Mortar Bombs.

Fixed it for you ;-D

in Engineer

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Next up: Change kittenawful skin for Mortar Bombs.

Fixed it for you ;-D

squat bby work it drop those bombs

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Engineer

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

you want your hobosack back?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Universal_Multitool_Pack

or if you want a kitten verson

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zephyr_Rucksack_Skin

there everybody is happy.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

I kept playing the game without being able to make my character look as distinct as other professions.

But I think it would be cool if they turned them into skins.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

There are plenty of back item skins that will fill the void easily.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Engineer

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

I agree with you OP, I hate that they completely took away the hobosacks. I’m glad for everyone who hated them but Engi lost some appeal for me. I have hardly touched it since the update where it was my main toon before.

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I never wanted the hobosacks completely taken away. Just that people who didnt like them to be given an option. Something like a toggleable option where the individual can choose if they want bundles to overwrite back skins, or not.

Since i spend most of the time staring at my characters kitten the backpiece was a far bigger tell to me on what kit i had equiped than a weapon skin is. Since the game sometimes hangs up when switching to, or more particular when dropping, kits.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in Engineer

Posted by: Tien.3865

Tien.3865

Can’t please everyone. Personally I disliked them because they didn’t fit at all with my armor, so I’m glad for the change.

I heard that the hobosacks might make a return as backpack skins though, so there’s that to look forward to (assuming it’s true). For now, there are similar skins available that are linked a couple posts above.

Borlis Pass solo roamer

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

They should make them obtainable backs. NEVER return them to be FORCED like before, but they should be an option.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

I agree with you OP, I hate that they completely took away the hobosacks. I’m glad for everyone who hated them but Engi lost some appeal for me. I have hardly touched it since the update where it was my main toon before.

You have these:

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

in Engineer

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Cameirus, we are among the, like, twenty engineers in the game who actually loved the hobo sacks and designed our outfits and even characters around them. Sure, it sucks for us now that they’re gone (especially since the FT is finally good in pvp, and I can’t rock this sweet tank), but it’s safe to say that the majority wanted them gone. So I’ll oblige.

However, I would like to see them come back in the game as backpack skins. Especially the Flamethrower and the EG, who probably took a lot of time to design, and would be a real waste if they were never to return.

in Engineer

Cameirus.8407

I liked that it changed with kits. I look at my characters back most of the time, so it was very visible, and much better than small changes they put in to “compensate”…

Personal preference of course, and if they were to make the change, why throw away all of it, a compromise is pretty easy to come to.

I dont see why it could not have been an option, if no back pack displaying, use kits. if you have a back pack displaying, that stays…..solution for everyone.

(edited by Cameirus.8407)

in Engineer

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

I liked that it changed with kits. I look at my characters back most of the time, so it was very visible, and much better than small changes they put in to “compensate”…

Personal preference of course, and if they were to make the change, why throw away all of it, a compromise is pretty easy to come to.

I dont see why it could not have been an option, if no back pack displaying, use kits. if you have a back pack displaying, that stays…..solution for everyone.

/this

I’m really not sure why this wasn’t the solution that was reached instead of removing them from the game entirely. There’s already a checkbox for the back slot. Just add an override to it’s functionality. Or add a second checkbox for the override so Hobosack die-hards can use the Universal Multitool Pack when not using a kit and still have back skins change with kits. Either way the solution should never have been to remove them entirely.

Sure the Universal Multitool Pack is nice, but like the OP I liked the the back skins changing with the kits and using the UMP skin is not a solution.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

You have these:

Not looking for a simple backpack skin, I liked the old system exactly how it was. Different skins for different kits switching around all the time. eduardo was wrong on his assumption that everyone would be happy.

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

(edited by Bloodgruve.6038)

in Engineer

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

I understand the complaints of it not changing. I sort of missed mine too so I started using a really “technical” looking back item skin.

On my smaller/female characters I use: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Antitoxin_Injector_Skin

On my bigger characters I use: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Decorative_Molten_Jetpack

Granted not everyone has the second one but the first one was easy to get and looks great on Engie IMO.

in Engineer

Posted by: Daerian.6523

Daerian.6523

in Engineer

Posted by: Medicarejunkie.6032

Medicarejunkie.6032

I wouldn’t use it, but it would be a nice quality of life update to get the functionality back as an option.

Personally, I like the Guild Back Pack. I figure my engi puts all his gear, gadgets, and different types of ammo in there. I like realistic fantasy. I’m sure that’s a thing. Magically disappearing/reappearing rucksacks with large containers of fluid and barrels breaks the immersion of a technology based character. But, like i said, i’m all for the option. Just dont expect it soon. I’m sure Anet is busy right now.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xinrut.1743

Xinrut.1743

It’s too bad they didn’t make it an option to keep. It made it a whole lot easier for me to visually discern what kit my engi was on without having to look at the skillbar all the time. Or if I was back in rifle.

So much kit swapping can happen in a few seconds that I only had enough time to look at my character and where he’s going/what the enemy is doing.

The aesthetics weren’t great but I suppose I am the minority here in that it did have a function.

It also helped me discern more readily what an enemy engineer was doing.

Knight Gaming [KnT]
Blackgate WvW