[beta] Holosmith sword leap/forge leap

in Engineer

Posted by: Walkure.9056

Walkure.9056

Having fun trying to learn the combos with Holosmith and I noticed that the sword leap is on skill bar 3 and the photon forge leap is on skillbar 2. That is a bit confusing for me at first, because you want to switch in and out of forge mode and you want to leap to a target (since you’re mostly melee), but then you press the wrong button. xD

I do understand that skillbar 2 has shorter cooldown than skillbar 3 and therefore you guys (you are great btw <3) put it on 3, but most leap skill are on skillbar 2!

For example:
1. All weaver leap skills are on 2
2. thief dagger leap is on 2
3. warrior sword leap is on 2

I hope this feedback helps!

Now back to testing and having fun

in Engineer

Posted by: Lylin.5687

Lylin.5687

Rev mace leap is on 3

in Engineer

Posted by: Walkure.9056

Walkure.9056

Rev mace leap is on 3

There you have me. I couldn’t think of any at that moment.

The point still stands though: make either both leap go to skill bar 2 or 3 and I suggested to go to skillbar 2 by giving examples of similar weaponsets. Having a leap on skillbar 2 and a leap on skillbar 3 in different modes/weaponsets on the same profession is confusing.

On guild chat 51 they said that all the weaver sword leaps (or similar) are intended to make it easier to remember the combos.

in Engineer

Posted by: Naix.8156

Naix.8156

The recover animation on both of thes leap is awful. Added bonus you can stow-cancel the recovery either. Rocket boots also suffers from the exact same problem, but the ‘fix’ was they added superspeed if you take the Gadeteer trait.

These skills feel gross, please polish. Thx.