bombs now

bombs now

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

They adjusted the radius of bombs. Where do you see bombs now ? in power builds ? it seems to me that for going with bomb you have to take explosive (for blasting in bombs ) .. and with that in any case you lose IP …. so it seems to me that they don’t fit well with Condition engineer. And for going in power i feel nades in any case better than bombs .
I feel also condition engineer a little dead : i tried many viable build ( with ft or with elixir B, elixir S and eg +hgh ) but they are not optimal …

bombs now

in Engineer

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

You see the thread above this one? Same topic…
Condition engineer is dead unless you focus burning heavy ft build, which isn’t great either.

bombs now

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

don’t you think an eng with pistol pistol , bombs, eg and toolkit is now viable ( with IP ) ?

bombs now

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Conditions were never optimal, and probably never will be for us.

The FT/TK build is “good” at best. It’s a solo queue build, best used against opponents who aren’t organized or managing their condition cleanses well as a group. I doubt we will ever see someone win a weekly tournament with it unless bunker guardians and dagger elementalists just completely fall off the map.

Even the PvE Sinister build isn’t really a condition build. It’s a hybrid build that just prioritizes conditions over power. At the end of the day it still relies heavily on power damage, just as most PvE builds do, as the ramp-up time on your burns is pretty significant.

The Bomb Kit will probably fit nicely in PvP, better than the FT/TK condi, but worse than Soldier/Marauder rifle. Right now I would say it is more than viable a choice in solo queue situations if you run an HGH build with it using Elixir B and either the Elixir Gun or Elixir S. Rolling 25 might makes your burns tick quite hard alongside rifle damage.

How it performs in team queue, or in more serious 1v1/2v2 situations has yet to be determined.

don’t you think an eng with pistol pistol , bombs, eg and toolkit is now viable ( with IP ) ?

I tried something like this yesterday, but I think that the Bomb Kit just works better with the rifle with a Celestial amulet than running Rabid or Carrion with pistols.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

bombs now

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

i tried also but with celestial you have low toughness. In my opinion with celestial nades are better becouse you can stay out of the damage. Rabid has more toughess so it seems to me that bomb kit works quite well . The real problem for me is that the block of toolkit seems to me quite a must to stay in the fight so you have to take bombs and toolkit if you want to survive .

bombs now

in Engineer

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Even the PvE Sinister build isn’t really a condition build. It’s a hybrid build that just prioritizes conditions over power. At the end of the day it still relies heavily on power damage, just as most PvE builds do, as the ramp-up time on your burns is pretty significant.

That’s because you can’t lose out the coefficient portion of the condition skills. Every skill has a coefficient, if it also applies a condition, then it’s a hybrid condi/power build? Condi engineer does not rely on power damage except against structures, the damage loss from sinister to rabid is ~6.2% when buffed. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Sinister-Gear-vs-Zerker-PvE/first#post5400565

bombs now

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Bombs have always been a great option instead of ft for wide aoe in pve, until the range-bug-patch. So they will be a situational kit again for pve power builds. They are a must for condi builds in pve too.

As for pvp, they sure have good contesting power, but I’m not sure if you should take them now (again). Yet they are for sure not a no go in the pvp scene.

btw they forgot to give the glue bomb 60 range. glue bomb always had 240 and 300 traited. right now it’s still “small”. :/

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

bombs now

in Engineer

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Condition engineer is dead unless you focus burning heavy ft build, which isn’t great either.

Bombs aren’t strictly a condition spec, they have one of the highest power scaling auto-attacks in the game and only two attacks that apply a damaging condition.

That said, they’re still terrible, power or condi the grenade and flamethrower kits do everything better.

bombs now

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

I agree with you only on an half : nades are better than bombs ( and in my opinion eg and toolkit are better also but for different uses ) but ft …. perhaps i have great problems with ft but for me it is really bad …. probably i am the problem and not ft

bombs now

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Bombs aren’t strictly a condition spec, they have one of the highest power scaling auto-attacks in the game and only two attacks that apply a damaging condition.

That said, they’re still terrible, power or condi the grenade and flamethrower kits do everything better.

You appear to be confusing your subjective opinion, with objective fact. Personally I do not feel the functionality of FY compares, and I feel that BK is superior to FT. Because of the size of the fire fields, the pulsing of the smoke field, and a few other aspects. I will take BK over FT when pinned up and leading a force in WvW.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

bombs now

in Engineer

Posted by: paladinecho.3024

paladinecho.3024

This nades vs bombs thing is no contest. Nades are awesome for you condi users and bombs are awesome for power builds. I just recommend mortar if you use bombs cause mortar has superior range compared to nades and it makes up for killing things on the wall. Also that Orbital strike does not support condi users, but power users. Go heavy power and watch orbital strike do wonders for you. I’m not missing nades one bit because there are a bunch of other moves you have such as the Rocket from rocket turret, Mine field from the mines, and Big Ol’ bomb from bomb kit. If you aren’t looking for damage I choose that wonderful elixir U to moa people who love their lich form.

The above is a way to make your Bomb build more balanced so you aren’t lacking when in combat. You must be skilled in both close and far combat because the classes you face definitely deal in that. Mortar has a talent of taking out those rangers by use of that light field that blinds people. Its a wonderful new thing that they added.

Damage for damage, bombs are just flat out superior. I love nades for that grenade barrage that I sometimes replace my mines for, however ultimately if you want maximum dps, you go bombs. After assassinating 5 people with that elixir U combo with fury, I don’t think there is much more to be said there. The bombs beat nades because the accuracy of the weapon kit. Bombs are more of a direct fire weapon than nades cause nades are constantly changing in direction and distance while bombs are steadily in the same spot every single time.

bombs now

in Engineer

Posted by: Sobin.5947

Sobin.5947

This nades vs bombs thing is no contest. Nades are awesome for you condi users and bombs are awesome for power builds. I just recommend mortar if you use bombs cause mortar has superior range compared to nades and it makes up for killing things on the wall. Also that Orbital strike does not support condi users, but power users. Go heavy power and watch orbital strike do wonders for you. I’m not missing nades one bit because there are a bunch of other moves you have such as the Rocket from rocket turret, Mine field from the mines, and Big Ol’ bomb from bomb kit. If you aren’t looking for damage I choose that wonderful elixir U to moa people who love their lich form.

The above is a way to make your Bomb build more balanced so you aren’t lacking when in combat. You must be skilled in both close and far combat because the classes you face definitely deal in that. Mortar has a talent of taking out those rangers by use of that light field that blinds people. Its a wonderful new thing that they added.

Damage for damage, bombs are just flat out superior. I love nades for that grenade barrage that I sometimes replace my mines for, however ultimately if you want maximum dps, you go bombs. After assassinating 5 people with that elixir U combo with fury, I don’t think there is much more to be said there. The bombs beat nades because the accuracy of the weapon kit. Bombs are more of a direct fire weapon than nades cause nades are constantly changing in direction and distance while bombs are steadily in the same spot every single time.

Is there a build you would suggest trying with bombs?

bombs now

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

RE: Bomb Kit vs. Flamethrower, I think it depends. I think the Flamethrower has very strong burst between Incendiary Ammo and Flame Blast, whereas the Bomb Kit is about sustained DPS over an area. Remember that Incendiary Ammo works best against a single target, and has an absurdly long cooldown, so there are a lot of situations where Fire Bomb is far superior.

But when it comes to the Grenade Kit for hybrid builds, when vulnerability isn’t Priority 1A, I think the Bomb Kit is far better, and it isn’t exactly close. The only reason the Grenade Kit ever was popular in condition builds pre-patch was because bleeding was the premiere condition. Now it’s not. You’re still better off taking both for PvE thanks to vulnerability stacking, and because there’s nothing stopping you from dropping a Fire Bomb and then mashing grenades between each Fire Bomb and taking advantage of both kits, but in PvP, if I had to choose, I would take the Bomb Kit now for a condition build—but I’ve always veered more toward bombs even when grenades were “meta” when roaming in WvW.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

bombs now

in Engineer

Conncept.7638

You appear to be confusing your subjective opinion, with objective fact. Personally I do not feel the functionality of FY compares, and I feel that BK is superior to FT. Because of the size of the fire fields, the pulsing of the smoke field, and a few other aspects. I will take BK over FT when pinned up and leading a force in WvW.

In how many threads are you going to parrot that exact phrase that you clearly don’t know the meaning of? Get it from your word of the month calendar or something? By the way, don’t know if you are the one that did the reporting in our last conversation but I already contacted support and got the infraction reversed from our previous conversation and my posts restored.

And no, again, I’m not the one confusing anything at all. It is a fact that the bomb kit is not a condition only weapon, it has a massively power scaling spammable AoE with higher uptime and potential DPS output than either of its condition damage sources, and the ability to stack might.

It is also not an opinion that the FT can stack might better. The FT and BK fire fields have the exact same uptime, and the FTs blast finisher has 1/5th the uptime. It stacks might better, deny fact all you like, it won’t change it. Another fact, grenades proc crit and non-critical effects at three times the frequency and speed, and the flamethrower does so even faster. The smoke bomb is literally the only advantage the BK has in any situation where you aren’t dealing with a group of completely inert opponents.

bombs now

in Engineer

coglin.1867

In how many threads are you going to parrot that exact phrase that you clearly don’t know the meaning of? Get it from your word of the month calendar or something? By the way, don’t know if you are the one that did the reporting in our last conversation but I already contacted support and got the infraction reversed from our previous conversation and my posts restored.

And no, again, I’m not the one confusing anything at all. It is a fact that the bomb kit is not a condition only weapon, it has a massively power scaling spammable AoE with higher uptime and potential DPS output than either of its condition damage sources, and the ability to stack might.

It is also not an opinion that the FT can stack might better. The FT and BK fire fields have the exact same uptime, and the FTs blast finisher has 1/5th the uptime. It stacks might better, deny fact all you like, it won’t change it. Another fact, grenades proc crit and non-critical effects at three times the frequency and speed, and the flamethrower does so even faster. The smoke bomb is literally the only advantage the BK has in any situation where you aren’t dealing with a group of completely inert opponents.

You appear to misunderstand my meaning. I do not debate what kit can stack what might or any other statistic that is a fact. I was a dressing the declaration that they are terrible for a either power or condition.

I feel they are very good for either style of build for various utility and area coverage. I mentioned multiple reasons for my opinion. I never suggested there was anything wrong with GK or FT.

bombs now

in Engineer

Conncept.7638

You appear to misunderstand my meaning. I do not debate what kit can stack what might or any other statistic that is a fact. I was a dressing the declaration that they are terrible for a either power or condition.

I feel they are very good for either style of build for various utility and area coverage. I mentioned multiple reasons for my opinion. I never suggested there was anything wrong with GK or FT.

Well then what on earth are you going off about subjective/objective word of the month nonsense for? I stated they are not strictly condition, strictly, meaning restricted, as in they neither are nor are not strictly limited to power or condition builds.

bombs now

in Engineer

Posted by: paladinecho.3024

paladinecho.3024

Sobin, you are awesome for asking that question. The build I go for has explosives, inventions, and firearms.

Inventions gives you mecha legs which is perma swiftness. You can pick anything else in this category besides that because all the other skills you can personally do without and don’t make any significant improvement in combat.

There are a few firearms crit specials that you will already see such as No Scope and High Caliber.

Explosives for that quick recharge on bombs, glass cannon, and modified ammunition.

Here is the trick to the build though. Out of all the zerker, replace all the zerker accessories with Power Toughness Ferocity until you get 2600 Armor. That is the magic number. You can survive as frontline and drop bombs that hit 5 people constantly for 4k-5k damage with REGULAR bombs. Hence why Elixir U is a very potent combination with bombs. Its even more fun when you run bombs and stealth so you pop in on people like a thief and kill 5 people at once. You must be flexible with your traits though and change things out according to the situation you are facing. I like changing out that invis elixir for a turret or mines every now and then just to support a zerg or self with blast finishers. You also have a built in Fury from the build given that is applied immediately once you start bombing.

Let me know how you like it. I have only found Power Toughness Ferocity with ascended gear so far. It may possibly be on exotic, but I highly suggest all ascended of that type. I also switched out the ascended neck for knight’s (Power Toughness Precision). The magic Ferocity number is 210% crit damage.

I normally talk about healing bombs alot because I had another build that was capable of killing people as a whole and 1v1 pretty easily by doing Elixir infused bombs. With enough points in it, you were able to stand still for part of the match and drop bombs until your hp hit a certain point. I wish they would put the heal recharge back as a passive though cause that other skill “Cleansing Pulse” is quite useless as it’s first passive. You already get 2 conditions cured by your turret and if you pay attention when you get a ton of conditions on you, smartly wait 3 seconds, and then drop the turret cause many of the conditions don’t last past 3 seconds.

bombs now

in Engineer

coglin.1867

Well then what on earth are you going off about subjective/objective word of the month nonsense for? I stated they are not strictly condition, strictly, meaning restricted, as in they neither are nor are not strictly limited to power or condition builds.

Because you declaratively stated it was a terrible kit for either. As I explained in the post you just quoted. I feel that is subjective opinion, and not objectively a fact.

Sorry, as I thought I was fairly specific with that. I didn’t mean to confuse you .