[bug]Can we get Toss Elixir skills fixed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

After HoT was introduced and reflections/projectile nullification rocketed up to the sky, Toss Elixir skills are getting less and less reliable in a battle, since they are a projectile. If I fight a druid and my tossed elixir happen to pass through his wall that turns projectiles into healing, not only I’m suddenly left without stealth, or stability, but the skill goes to full recharge and my enemy gets healed.
Can we get it fixed already?

in Engineer

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

That is not being ‘fixed’. Projectiles are meant to be blocked/reflected. What you’re asking for is that they be made unblockable or trigger on block/reflect. Which would be a nice little touch.

The only thing that needs fixed is they don’t give any boons to the enemy when reflected.

in Engineer

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

I’m asking for making Toss Elixir not a projectile.

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It’s not a fix because it’s not a bug. It’s working as intended.

But it’s a stupid intention and I think it should be changed. The amount of projectile hate has grown since release and these mechanics are outdated. It’s just dumb that your buffs can fail and benefit the enemy. Change it to a spray!

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

While I cannot deny the technical fact that exlixiers are intended to be projectiles, I don’t think that’s something neccessary to call them balanced. Making them unblockable would already fix the “issue”. That is – if ANet agrees with the op. I personally can understand both designs. It’s clearly cooler to have counterplay to specific skills.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Yeah, I’ve noticed this as well.

It’s not technically a bug because thrown elixirs are indeed projectiles. The problem is that most thrown elixirs are intended to be buffs… not attacks (with the exception of elixir X), and the point of reflects is to stop attacks. ANet should probably change thrown elixirs to be slightly different — either not considered projectiles, or something like a spray as suggested.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

There’s nothing technical about it, a projectile acts and reacts like a normal projectile unless otherwise noted(usually). I’d support a colored elixir mist spray for them over the current state, at least I’d know who I’m getting with it, since the start of the game the toss has been a terrible way to share boons. Sometimes you’d completely miss and no one would get it :|

If anyone wants to, I’d advise starting a(nother, sigh) suggestion thread for this, as this is not the place to talk about it for dev support as the title and original post is incorrect as far as clear intentions and truth.

in Engineer

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

I’d say leave it as is for all offensive throws, like X and U (Moa and Random Wall) so you can have the strategic element to blocking them, but make the pure supportive ones, like H,B and S unblockable.
Plus the projectile speed is extremely slow (yes I have outrun my own elixirs..)
I think having them not ground targeted but rather as a self centered PBAoE (basically like throwing it always directly at your feet.) would already be enough.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

the other way to balance this is to make reflects less common and more strategic, thereby undoing the power creep HoT gave us.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

the other way to balance this is to make reflects less common and more strategic, thereby undoing the power creep HoT gave us.

That’s impossible without basically re-implementing the entire expansion. And you know that.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

Make them unblockable (except Toss Elixir X)
/thread

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build