cant seem to find what build to use in pve

in Engineer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

ive been running sinister p/p so long, I really dont know what to do with hammer. so far I like it, I just dont… what should I be doing lol. anyone have any decent power builds for pve?

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Currently in Beta I’m running Alchemist Tree and Firearm Tree with Scrapper tree.

The reason is because of Elixir B does wonders in melee range due to the retaliation and swiftness buff. Firearm is for those increase crit chance at close range combat which works well with Scrapper due to being melee range with Hammer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Currently in Beta I’m running Alchemist Tree and Firearm Tree with Scrapper tree.

The reason is because of Elixir B does wonders in melee range due to the retaliation and swiftness buff. Firearm is for those increase crit chance at close range combat which works well with Scrapper due to being melee range with Hammer.

I agree, Elixir B looks like it will be a really good skill with Hammer.

• Toss B synergizes will with Mass Momentum
  • All boons synergize well with melee combat
  • All the benefits of the Alchemy traits and of course HGH

Here’s what I’ve been playing with so far. I think Alchemy adds more to a Scrapper than Explosives, I’m doing a lot more damage with Alchemy oddly enough. Healing Gyro is meh, I don’t really find myself needing a heal that often so the toolbelt water field + protection is what I use it for. It’s also the only way to proc Recovery Matrix instantly. I’m already just self destructing it immediately after casting as it is the most efficient way to use it… sounds familiar… sigh

I tried replacing Grenade Kit with a Gyro but it felt like an empty utility slot.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoClYhVXBubB0ehlJjCc6yuQieuz7/WsZGvAA-TBSBwAFV+Rb/hHXAA6m/ioE8m6Po0BA4BAQKgIGDA-e

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Azure.8670

ok ive been running explosives, im going to give this another shot ty

in Engineer

Azure.8670

tried it, builds works 10x better than what I Was using ty. Also elixer B as a scrapper just works wonders

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

tried it, builds works 10x better than what I Was using ty. Also elixer B as a scrapper just works wonders

You’re welcome. I don’t think this is the best you can do as a Scrapper, but maybe it’s close. 25 might is easy with no need to interrupt your damage for long combo chains and you stack a good amount of vuln still with HAE and hammer. I was getting 4k, 4k, 5k for my auto chain against champs. 4.5k was about the best I saw for each hit of Rocket Charge. Shock Shield 2.5k+ each and Thunderclap is obviously awesome.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

I tried replacing Grenade Kit with a Gyro but it felt like an empty utility slot.

If you’re tyring to get the most out of gyros then it is best to use Gyros for their toolbelt skills instead of the gyros in general. Their AoE field toolbelt skills works very well with Scrapper’s melee nature and can open up a lot of combo field happy combat.

Since I focus mostly as a melee for Scrapper I mostly only use Mortar Kit for my long range and extra combo fields. The Shredder Gyro is so far the most favored Gyro for certain amount of players due to how much Whirl finisher it can dish out in a short amount of time with combo fields.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

If you’re tyring to get the most out of gyros then it is best to use Gyros for their toolbelt skills instead of the gyros in general. Their AoE field toolbelt skills works very well with Scrapper’s melee nature and can open up a lot of combo field happy combat.

Since I focus mostly as a melee for Scrapper I mostly only use Mortar Kit for my long range and extra combo fields. The Shredder Gyro is so far the most favored Gyro for certain amount of players due to how much Whirl finisher it can dish out in a short amount of time with combo fields.

The shredder gyro is also my favorite, but entirely because of the toolbelt.

Expert examination is AMAZING.

Also, Healing Turret is better in conjuction with recovery matrix. 10 seconds of prot every 15 seconds.

Lastly, I am currently using: Explosives and Inventions. I am REALLY missing tools though.

in Engineer

Posted by: Stasticeel.2745

Stasticeel.2745

I am going to give Adamantium’s build a go, it is quite different playstyle then mine.

I used a juggernaut build with HGH and it gave me pretty much perma 25 might really easily plus the stability. However, after you go through your bursts your just sitting there autattacking, not bad still. In dungeons this was not really needed, in fractals though it has it’s uses.

I also tried a build with just regeneration, toughness and protection. And I used the bulwark gyro and the stealth gyro and I was pretty much unkillable in PvE but had no damage.

I tried using Gyros to, but meh. Maybe the whirling gyro on a fire field is cool. But honestly most projectiles will just miss anyway. I also just used the meta build and switched the tools line for the scrapper line and just use hammer instead of rifle.

Still having fun doing random things, the amount of things you can do in the PvE map seems quite low though. No adventures, no mastery points nothing :’(

Kind of boring.

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

It’s true the only good thing about gyros are toolbelts but no toolbelt felt more valuable to me than grenade Barrage. The lightning field from Shredder was a distant second, a 24 second cooldown lightning field didn’t really excite me.

I will say the Shredder toolbelt field is good if you’re using Expert Examination. I tried both EE and MM in that major trait slot. Gives you another field to rotate with Thunderclap. However in PvE I prefer the extra might and power from MM because that persists between fights. The vuln doesn’t I have to start with a field every time or lose the benefit of the trait. Anything that lives long enough to make stacking vuln worth it already has 25 stacks from other people.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Bish.8627

Bish.8627

Forgive me, but the linked build above, does it have any form of swiftness? I don’t think I could survive open PVE without run speed.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

I don’t think I could survive open PVE without run speed.

True, the boredom of running place to place would kill you

The nice thing about the engineer is you can play around with all kinds of builds to keep the game refreshing. Hammer today, rifle tomorrow, carpet bomber Tuesdays, Go Go Gadget Fridays, etc. Do whatever entertains you!

My build for the day:
http://de.gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUhSuY7Ww+KQ7FLTGk4zOQA+Oeyb+4Hef8B-TFSBABBu/QjKBHV9nrU+hoGC80BswFEAgHEQAAEgbezAbezM0hO0hO0h2NH6NH6NvZA-w

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

Forgive me, but the linked build above, does it have any form of swiftness? I don’t think I could survive open PVE without run speed.

Elixir B and HAE both stack up some pretty long swiftness after awhile.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Bish.8627

Bish.8627

Elixir B and HAE both stack up some pretty long swiftness after awhile.

Yeah I just had a go at your build now with very little changes, quite nice. I guess if I were to do something open pve where I needed to run around I could add in tools over firearms just for that.