coming back after break. Pistol cond builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rastel.9157

Rastel.9157

Hi,

I dont know how to link my build, but I use dual pistols as an engineer and have done since i started playing.

I saw that both my increased range and my coated bullets are gone!!!..what do we use now?

I dont realy swap alot to kits so i play dual pistols 99% of the time. I use the med pack kit thing for faster running, but in combat i never use anything else than pistols…

what are the "go to " build for dual pistol cond engineers?

And i ONLY play www

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

It would help if you could describe your gear and what traits you used to use.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Hi,

I dont know how to link my build, but I use dual pistols as an engineer and have done since i started playing.

I saw that both my increased range and my coated bullets are gone!!!..what do we use now?

I dont realy swap alot to kits so i play dual pistols 99% of the time. I use the med pack kit thing for faster running, but in combat i never use anything else than pistols…

what are the "go to " build for dual pistol cond engineers?

And i ONLY play www

Not swapping into a kit is limiting your options and your effectiveness a great deal. But if you’re sure then look at HGH elixir static discharge as it’s the only thing that meets that criteria. WvW only you’ll likely use Rabid gear and givers pistols but you really should be using kits.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

You can try rabid/sinister with HgH. I also recommend using rocket boots then. It is amazing for creating distance and the burn is huge.

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Engineer

Posted by: Tor.1365

Tor.1365

Probably tools/alchemy/firearms with elixir H, flamethrower, elixir S, rocket boots [elixir X|supply crate]. Gear is dire/rabid mix, sigils are energy & corruption, with various rune options.

Even if you don’t like using kits in battle, you will get benefits from the flamethrower toolbelt skill, and just switch to it for the swiftness occasionally from streamlined kits.

This is probably about the most straightforward condi engi build you can use. Stack up might via HGH elixirs, unload with condi pistols and the two toolkit burn. Drop supply crate, bandages, heals, elixir S & rocket boots to get out of trouble.

As others have said, you’ll get a lot more out of engi with more kit use – but give this a shot, maybe try mixing a few more FT skills into your rotations, and you might feel more comfortable trying out other kits (e-gun and mortar are both solid additions to this build).

(edited by Tor.1365)

in Engineer

Rastel.9157

Ty you for info:)

I think i have somewhat of a HGH build…..I’l see if I can find a way to link my toon

in Engineer

Rastel.9157

here is the link to the build I’m using atm…

skills and traits

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUh+uY9Vw6Kw6FLsFF4HeiBgYHNF34XFehHAA-w

and yes i use Rabid gir

I see that maybe i shall switch from explosives to something else? 1 year ago i think explosives was good for dual pistols but it seems lacking atm…

in Engineer

Tor.1365

in Engineer

Tor.1365

Yes, explosives is pretty bad for pure condi now… they tucked shrapnel away there but the rest of explosives is pretty much for power or hybrid builds.

Swap that out for tools or inventions:
* Tools if you use kits and want some swiftness. Also Adrenal Implant (perma vigor) and Reactive lenses (auto stun break)
* Inventions if you prefer mecha legs (perma run speed & reduced chill/cripple/imob). AMR (heal CD reset) is good, but the grandmasters in Inventions are all unsuitable for condi builds

in Engineer

Rastel.9157

ty tor is looks good the link you gave….I’l give that one a try:) Only i like to use healing turret so i will have that one..knowing i loose out on a flask for the hgh but still….probably a minor issue…

and i might go for the invention…using tool skills is not my best skill;) so maybe the Tools trait is not my style…and permalegs sounds like a good think for me..i like to run away;)

in Engineer

Rastel.9157

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

You need to drop explosives for alchemy.

Explosives does nothing for you. Alchemy does A LOT.

You do not even need to take Elixir H. Healing Turret is perfectly fine in an HGH build.

Rocket boots is great, but try to see if you can swap it for Flamethrower every once in a while.

Lastly, tools is a much better fit than inventions I think. Inventions will serve though.

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

If you go inventions take as GM bunker down. You have descent enough crit chance for that and can get kitten heal from it every 2s + some regen every 2s.

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in Engineer

Rastel.9157

yes i think i messed up my build…it was suppose to have alc in there lol

here:)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUh+uY9Vw6Kw6FLsFF4HWiBQYKeRvmYHNFPBA-w

I did notice one thing With the inventions..that mecha legs gives very little speed:(

(edited by Rastel.9157)

in Engineer

lorddarkflare.9186

I did notice one thing With the inventions..that mecha legs gives very little speed:(

Not very little. Adequate. 25% vs 33% from swiftness.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

As a full time WvW Engi, a couple of suggestions. I would swap Chemical Rounds for Heavy Armor Exploit. While I understand why people use the turret, I still use Elixir H for the extra condi clears and might.

I would swap Elixir B for Toolkit. For my play style anyway, the Magnet/Prybar combo, the Box of Nails, and the Block are must haves. I also run Elixir X as my elite (situationaly swapping in Mortar). The Moa is really handy for popping enemies out of transforms, and Rampage is really nice as well.

Gear is preferential. I use Dire armor and mix my accessories up.

Lastly, I run P/S, but I’m a perplexity build so the 3 extra interrupts are essential. I’ve played P/P for extended periods and it’s fun, but I like to be a bit more bunker.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

(edited by Tyaen.5148)

in Engineer

Rastel.9157

So,….having played the updated build i linked. firearms, Tools and alc…here is my experience:

I AM hard to kill….I often drop fast when focused but there are alot of automated deffences or heals it seems…and i get invinsible etc..and rocket boots lets me get away…

The healing turret i use and its quite good i must say,…

BUT kitten i miss the range I used to have a long time ago….what was it 1050? I realy feel like 900 is too short a range but uhwell…at least I can survive being focused..

I dont feel particullary strong dps wise, but I Guess one have to choose between glass cannon or survivability in www.

I tried to play With flamethrower as a kit…but i end up getting extremly confused and hitting all kinds of buttons….so i think i will stick With my elixir B and use the dual pistols…

rocket boots is a life saver….healing turret is too…elixir B is very strong and elixir S is also a life saver…

I Wonder….How does a P/P thief compare to my P/P enginner? Prob more dmg but FAR less survability? Cause tbo..I dont utilize the engineer skills to realy warrant an engineer….i choose it because of dual guns tbo;)…would I do better as P/P thief?

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

All I can say is Engi’s Burn from P/P is OP compared to a Thief that does P/P.

Slap on a Burn from your Engi’s P/P and bombard them with the other conditions and you’ll burn down a person’s HP faster than a Thief P/P if you used the right build.

in Engineer

lorddarkflare.9186

So,….having played the updated build i linked. firearms, Tools and alc…here is my experience:

I AM hard to kill….I often drop fast when focused but there are alot of automated deffences or heals it seems…and i get invinsible etc..and rocket boots lets me get away…

BUT kitten i miss the range I used to have a long time ago….what was it 1050? I realy feel like 900 is too short a range but uhwell…at least I can survive being focused..

I dont feel particullary strong dps wise, but I Guess one have to choose between glass cannon or survivability in www.

I tried to play With flamethrower as a kit…but i end up getting extremly confused and hitting all kinds of buttons….so i think i will stick With my elixir B and use the dual pistols…

rocket boots is a life saver….healing turret is too…elixir B is very strong and elixir S is also a life saver…

I Wonder….How does a P/P thief compare to my P/P enginner? Prob more dmg but FAR less survability? Cause tbo..I dont utilize the engineer skills to realy warrant an engineer….i choose it because of dual guns tbo;)…would I do better as P/P thief?

You are not really supposed to used FT as a kit, but as a multi-utility.

FT 2: Extra Blast Finisher for water fields
FT 3: CC/Projectile deflect
FT 4: Area Denial/Extra Damage when people cannot avoid it very well (Zergs)
FT 5: For safe-ish stomps and on demand blind when you are CC’d.

FT Toolbelt: For laying down brutal condi-bursts.

In my opinion, FT rivals EG in terms of utility.

in Engineer

Rastel.9157

thanks again for Your opinions guys:)

in Engineer

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

If you consider one toolbelt, the flamethrower is a crowd favorite…As you can see.

If you consider a second, I would suggest tool kit for a condi engie. The confuse in the crowbar is nice, the cripple is good for kiting and added bleeds, the magnet has hilarious enemy positioning utilities (I love using it to haul an enemy into the box of nails cripple near a cliff, then crowbar, swap to FT, dodge roll reposition, and blow said enemy off to his/her demise), and the it’s got a fantastic. 3 second block for emergencies. Oh, and with Streamlined Kits from the tools line it gives you a burst of super speed for skeedaddling away or gaining distance.

And if you want ANOTHER, then you may like grenades or bombs. Grenades with give you more ranged options and DPS. Bombs will give you a smoke field, a fire field, a cripple, another confusion source for added DPS, and a long delay blast finisher in big ol’ bomb.

Personally, I run this as my survival/support build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqelUUh+sYJXwyKQ7FLpFV4LGjz43GGANw4ckGlBA-TFSAABYoEUI1fow8XX7PAwDAYgTAAh6BiS5XAgDghrbAgUA+t3C-w

And THIS as my DPS build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUhatYJWwdLQ7FLsFF4HWiBwXFmhHwYcMGfBA-TVSAABYoEUI1f8a/gBOBAQb+DgHAATLIQoegoU+FA4AY4CHAIFAErBA-w

They both are more condi based than power, and while both use kits, honestly it’s hard NOT to use kits as an engie.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

PP thief is inferior to Condi PP engi, everything is in a long enough fight, but that’s only if you use the kits. Thief PP is not something I ever use on my thief because it’s inferior to every other weapon set. I get wanting to use pistols I love my Quip but you can’t be effective in any game mode if you’re tied to one weapon for sentimental reasons.

The 3 classes that use pistol.
Mesmer- I almost never use pistol
Thief- PD DP I almost always use a pistol but never 2
Engineer- PS PP are my favorite engi weapons but I do also run rifle because it’s great.

I know you’ve said you’re coming back to the class but I’d suggest learning Engineer. Run Kits. Run Turrets. Run Elixirs. Run Rifle. Run every spec, every armor. This is an advanced class but if you want to play a simplified version go Flamethrower burn spec.

You don’t play engineer and discard 75% of what the class has to offer. Perhaps a guardian? I know you suggested thief but that’s not an easy mode class.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

(edited by Aidenwolf.5964)

in Engineer

Posted by: Cristobal.8640

Cristobal.8640

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqKlUUhatYfXw+KWYLKwQsEDAxOaKeixccMqNA-T1RTABWo8Dg9HyRPApPAgqU/JyTAQIKBDAgAsz6MAO6RP6RP6RboDdmDdmDtUA3trC-w

70% Condi duration, 100% Bleed and Burning duration.

Sharpshooter + Heavy Armor Exploit + Sigil of Incapacitation + Sigil of Torment + Incendiary Powder/Ammo = You bleed, cripple, torment, burn and apply vulnerability automatically on every motherkittening hit. Build has great passive and active defenses too.

in Engineer

Rastel.9157

PP thief is inferior to Condi PP engi, everything is in a long enough fight, but that’s only if you use the kits. Thief PP is not something I ever use on my thief because it’s inferior to every other weapon set. I get wanting to use pistols I love my Quip but you can’t be effective in any game mode if you’re tied to one weapon for sentimental reasons.

The 3 classes that use pistol.
Mesmer- I almost never use pistol
Thief- PD DP I almost always use a pistol but never 2
Engineer- PS PP are my favorite engi weapons but I do also run rifle because it’s great.

I know you’ve said you’re coming back to the class but I’d suggest learning Engineer. Run Kits. Run Turrets. Run Elixirs. Run Rifle. Run every spec, every armor. This is an advanced class but if you want to play a simplified version go Flamethrower burn spec.

You don’t play engineer and discard 75% of what the class has to offer. Perhaps a guardian? I know you suggested thief but that’s not an easy mode class.

Well I play engineer for the dual guns…so the only other class will be thief;)

But…the post above this provides a build that is almost the same as i use…the good old HGH build as far as i see..and that build does not use kits alot I Guess…i Guess HGH is more of a made potion addicted junkie than a true engineer but it Works for me:)
And also its good because of all the passives…i mean..my rotation is 1-4 attacks…and when in the kitten i press all other buttons and Escape:)

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

I don’t think Anet will ever be able to make future Elite Specialization not a Potion junkie.

Alchemy tree is great for both long range and melee range combat for both defensive and offensive combat.

Consitantly chugging down Elixir B in combat is a basic thing for me now for those extra 14 second retaliation, Fury, and Swiftness with that 24 seconds of 3 stacks of Might.