current build for max dps on dungeons ?

in Engineer

Posted by: imMB.3258

imMB.3258

In alot of topics, ppl are saying engi got one of best dps in dungeons.
I dont belive engi can beat ele(ice bows, fire rain) thief(overal) or warrior(spining on wall).
can someone show me current meta for dps ? (best in form of tutorial or video showing som1 soing dps)

in Engineer

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

If your fights are lasting over 14 seconds and your group has good might, take nike’s condition build. If they’re lasting less than 14 OR your group has an abundance of icebows, take his power build. If you’re pugging, the condition build will often be better anyways since most groups aren’t very good at reapplying their group buffs.

in Engineer

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Condi Engie have the best normal dps in figh that last 14second or more. It’s better than Thief and Ele if you don’t take into account Icebow burst.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

I would probably hold off going condi. Since it relies on burning and as of the moment it will likely be nerfed in the future I would hold off making that hefty investment.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I would probably hold off going condi. Since it relies on burning and as of the moment it will likely be nerfed in the future I would hold off making that hefty investment.

That would honestly be a huge mistake. PVE needs the burning to have viable condi builds. Without the current levels of burning the viability of condi’s they just created would simply be reverted and all that effort basically gone to waste. It’s no surprise that the 3 most successful condi builds (ones capable of actually competing with power) are based around burning (engi/ranger/guard) while ones based around bleeds (warrior) are still well below that level.

in Engineer

Posted by: Knox.8962

Knox.8962

Using a full set of Rabid Gear/Trinkets is only about 5.4% DPS loss over a full sinister build. This should be quite a bit easier to acquire for those who are wanting to try it .

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Condi dps is best now if you use it on training golem but in real enviroment it have lots of disadvantages. Lots of bosses like Alpha in CoE periodicly clear condis. Condis are useless on stuff like burrows in AC. Not mention that majority of bosses are long down before that 14s theshold if you run with good party. For soloing are condi great but personaly I will stick with zerk to HoT release and then we will see.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Thaddeus.4891

Condi dps is best now if you use it on training golem but in real enviroment it have lots of disadvantages. Lots of bosses like Alpha in CoE periodicly clear condis. Condis are useless on stuff like burrows in AC. Not mention that majority of bosses are long down before that 14s theshold if you run with good party. For soloing are condi great but personaly I will stick with zerk to HoT release and then we will see.

Sinister have a good amount of power so yes you gonna kill stuff like burrow a little bit slower, but it will never be an issue in a group. The only thing is maybe not volunteer for the door at CoF path 1. But other than that, it will never be a problem. It’s not like object are hard to kill. Of course if you run Rabid, it’s another story.

Boss ain’t long down before the 14s. If you do the list, there is 19 bosses that die under 14 second and 23 bosses that die in more than 14 second. And those numbers come from record runs. Something that even most good party can’t achieve. In a good party you probably only gonna kill under 14sec for 8-9 bosses. In normal pug, almost no bosses die under 14sec.

So Zerker will be better in some situation, but Sinister will be better in other. In a good group sinister will be good in Arah, HotW, CoF path 3, SE, TA Aetherpath. Zerker will be better in AC, TA, CoF path 1/2. While the rest will be pretty close either way. In most pugs, Sinister will mostly always be better.

But you are absolutely right about the bosses that clear condi. Which is a mistake in my opinion. They should modify that.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Sinister have a good amount of power so yes you gonna kill stuff like burrow a little bit slower, but it will never be an issue in a group. The only thing is maybe not volunteer for the door at CoF path 1. But other than that, it will never be a problem. It’s not like object are hard to kill. Of course if you run Rabid, it’s another story.

Boss ain’t long down before the 14s. If you do the list, there is 19 bosses that die under 14 second and 23 bosses that die in more than 14 second. And those numbers come from record runs. Something that even most good party can’t achieve. In a good party you probably only gonna kill under 14sec for 8-9 bosses. In normal pug, almost no bosses die under 14sec.

So Zerker will be better in some situation, but Sinister will be better in other. In a good group sinister will be good in Arah, HotW, CoF path 3, SE, TA Aetherpath. Zerker will be better in AC, TA, CoF path 1/2. While the rest will be pretty close either way. In most pugs, Sinister will mostly always be better.

But you are absolutely right about the bosses that clear condi. Which is a mistake in my opinion. They should modify that.

I have full asc sinister and in my usual run with regular party (me, war, guard, 2x ele) I experienced few problems with that low power dps simply. Ofc its nothing major its just not as comfortable as it should be. Also if your party is builded around 4 IB is lower power output bad idea.
Best idea will be switched sets and builds as necessary

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Thaddeus.4891

I have full asc sinister and in my usual run with regular party (me, war, guard, 2x ele) I experienced few problems with that low power dps simply. Ofc its nothing major its just not as comfortable as it should be. Also if your party is builded around 4 IB is lower power output bad idea.
Best idea will be switched sets and builds as necessary

Yup, exactly it depend on the situation. Condition still need some work on anet part anyway.

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

Using a full set of Rabid Gear/Trinkets is only about 5.4% DPS loss over a full sinister build. This should be quite a bit easier to acquire for those who are wanting to try it .

This does not sound quite right. How did you come by that number?

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Condi
pros: highest damage potential on longer fights, ignores toughness, and bomb kit is there for blinds always, higher damage while building defensively if you need/want to toss on toolkit/shield.
Cons: less structure damage, less burst, more complicated rotation (at least IMO), and no built in stunbreak

That’s how I see it. Even with the secondary power stat I can see the difference on structures, certainly one of my biggest negatives.

in Engineer

Posted by: Knox.8962

Knox.8962

This does not sound quite right. How did you come by that number?

It came from my spreadsheet. Full sinister condi engineer does about 19.4k DPS @ 30 seconds. Of that 19.4k, 3.7k of it is direct damage. The other 15.7k is conditions. If you go full rabid instead, your direct damage drops to 2.6k, which is a significant portion of your power based DPS, but that is such a tiny portion of your overall damage, that it doesn’t make a huge impact in the overall number.
In a 30s fight, it is closer to a 5.9% difference. The 5.4% number was looking at a 60s fight.

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Yeah that is true. What I meant was don’t get too attached or spend too much on it (like converting ascended armor). Since balance is PvP based and the stacks are kind of an issue. I would not be surprised if it was nerfed in the future. That being said who knows how long it will be if ever. Zerker is still ok but I would imagine the “fastest burn possible” crowd would be heavily invested in end game PvE ie Fractals. If that is the case their investment would likely cost them quite a bit. I mostly WvW and PvP but I figure it best to hold off going to far with the investment if you have a set that works already. If you have the funds and love this class go for it but the OP seems to be new to the idea of “engineer” and “dps” being associated.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele