destroyed Elixir Gun kit

destroyed Elixir Gun kit

in Engineer

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

elixir gun? this wonderful offensive-defensive-solo-support kit.

you have destroyed it – with its 900 range again especially.

and after the 23rd june patch – basically -

ENGINEER MUST HAVE ELIXIR S OR TOOLKIT TO SURVIVE IN A 1 VS 1 FIGHT!

THANKS!

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

destroyed Elixir Gun kit

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

i don’t agree. I find it extremely strong especially if you trait it with hgh and with tool 15% reduction on toolbet skills …. good might and stunbreak on short cd, acid bomb every 12 seconds is really strong … ok , you have 900 range but you have short cd on all skills

destroyed Elixir Gun kit

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

elixir gun? this wonderful offensive-defensive-solo-support kit.

you have destroyed it – with its 900 range again especially.

and after the 23rd june patch – basically -

ENGINEER MUST HAVE ELIXIR S OR TOOLKIT TO SURVIVE IN A 1 VS 1 FIGHT!

THANKS!

Please do not define the community based on your personal limitations.

The range was nerfed, but a few skills were buffed to be defined as elixirs, and thus receive the related trait benefits. I can use it for more might stacking, I can now convert conditions to boons, rather then just cleansing them.

AS I SEE IT, IT HAS BEEN EXTREMELY BUFFED (look, I can use caps too)

destroyed Elixir Gun kit

in Engineer

funghetto.1584

dancingmoney – u are offending me “personal limitations” oh yes – i have them – as every player of this game – and i admit them – do you?

find yourself well with this skill or that – just find your game style – maybe your are a pro player – and im happy for u if u are – im a “mediocre” player – with HUMAN limitations – sometimes i play well sometimes i play crap -

or i only know that after using a build – and my gamestyle – for 2 years – ANET did this big change on the patch – ruining totally my gamestyle -

indeed what pierpiero is saying is a bit more constructive compared of what u are saying.

think maybe a bit more before replying randomly – read well what i wrote – it wasnt to the community – it was to ANET.

destroyed Elixir Gun kit

in Engineer

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Well, the range nerf was totally unjustified. I was always elixir gun with rifled barrels. Now that the trait is gone, elixir gun range is clearly lower and this took away one play style (playing range with rifle + EG, using both rifle #2 and EG #2 and EG #4 and rifle #4 to keep range) —> less diversity

Engineer is also only the only profession which lacks 1200 range underwater. Previously the traited elixir gun or harpoon gun could hit 1200 and grenades could hit 1500. Mokittenoesn’t work underwater. This was probably a developer oversight.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

destroyed Elixir Gun kit

in Engineer

funghetto.1584

hey Deniara – the range of harpoon is 1200 – from the last patch that increased the range of the rifle only :|

destroyed Elixir Gun kit

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

I think eg was never good for range fight . Skill 1 was ok but skill 2 was really slow and all the other were “melee” skill in my opinion if you use it with hgh trait correctly it one of the stronger kit we have. having acid bomb every 12 seconds is really strong and it gives you a really good mobility ( remap about face ) . Try it with a different approach and you will be surprised . Now i’d say that eg is better than nades at least for condi builds becouse with p/p or p/s the mobility of eg 4 is really important and also the stun breaker

destroyed Elixir Gun kit

in Engineer

Posted by: Sobin.5947

Sobin.5947

What do you guys think elixir gun vs utility goggles? I have to say i honestly LOVE analyze, 10% more damge instantly and it prevents them from stealthing. Recently i’ve thought about taking elixir gun though over it, i’d lose the toolbelt skill but i’d gain all the abilities of the elixir gun but i feel i’d also have to drop inventions for alchemy.

Anyone have any thoughts?

destroyed Elixir Gun kit

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

eg and utility googles are really different . Eg has many utilities in a single slot … this is the great thing of kit … not only eg. You trade a skill and a toolbet skill for 5 different skills and a toolbet skill. This is the reason why kits are so good . do you use a power build ? i think that utility googles is really good for full dps build for thieves .10% from toolbet i suppose

(edited by PierPiero.9142)

destroyed Elixir Gun kit

in Engineer

Sobin.5947

eg and utility googles are really different . Eg has many utilities in a single slot … this is the great thing of kit … not only eg. You trade a skill and a toolbet skill for 5 different skills and a toolbet skill. This is the reason why kits are so good . do you use a power build ? i think that utility googles is really good for full dps build for thieves .10% from toolbet i suppose

I do run a power build and i rely heavily on the toolbelt skills for the static discharge thing. That’s why it’s such a tough decision, i think. I honestly can’t decide haha

destroyed Elixir Gun kit

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

yes problem is that 40 sec for skill is quite a long time … it means 10 sec fury every 40 sec…. it seems to me weak. As win skill i prefer elixir U but obviously it is not good for you

destroyed Elixir Gun kit

in Engineer

Sobin.5947

yes problem is that 40 sec for skill is quite a long time … it means 10 sec fury every 40 sec…. it seems to me weak. As win skill i prefer elixir U but obviously it is not good for you

Thats kinda what i was thinking, i could get a stunbreak every 30 seconds and have 5 more skills to possibly use (dunno if i’d ever use them*). But I would lose the toolbelt skill which seems to be incredible for everything

destroyed Elixir Gun kit

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

yes for sd it is different

destroyed Elixir Gun kit

in Engineer

Sobin.5947

I think i’m gonna try it, just watched a bunch of youtube vids, i’m sure they’re old and may not apply, but the disengage seems totally awesome as well as the extra poison to prevent resses

destroyed Elixir Gun kit

in Engineer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

Don’t forget HGH traits also increase the duration of acid bomb (for more damage) and the healing field (lasts 2 seconds longer).

For builds that use healing power or want support, this kit only got buffed, ranged aside.

destroyed Elixir Gun kit

in Engineer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

or i only know that after using a build – and my gamestyle – for 2 years – ANET did this big change on the patch – ruining totally my gamestyle -

Yes, but that in no way makes the Elixer Gun kit destroyed. It just means you’re not able to adapt to changes … GOOD ones.

destroyed Elixir Gun kit

in Engineer

Sobin.5947

Does acid bomb drop a field or is it just a dmg thing?

destroyed Elixir Gun kit

in Engineer

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

Thus is a BS post… EG is a very srong kit with synergizing traits and excels in 1v1’s compared with S.
L
p
m
a
y
b
e

destroyed Elixir Gun kit

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

And here I was, being happy with the changes and stuff that made the kit rational.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.