do you even want engineers to use turrets

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

so now Autotool instalation isnt just a Grandmaster trait it also heals 1% turret hp every 10s wich means turrets heal about 25% hp in 5 minutes duration before vanishing IF your opponent hasnt tickled it to death

the 3% damage resistance increase to metal plating does not compensate for this screw up

Elite supplies great buff for Mortar except IT DOES NOT WORK STILL it still gets jammed so elite supplies actually harms the mortar as using mortar skills quickly is what breaks it in the first place.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Autotool Installation heals 10% Turret HP/10 Seconds. The tooltip is wrong.
You can, therefore, get 300% of the Turret’s HP back if it lasts for 5 full minutes. This is unlikely to occur. The 3% damage resistance buff is stupid, period.

The 21 Turret bugs (they’ve legitimized one by changing the tooltip to match the current function), are probably more of an indication that they don’t really care about Turrets – or if they do, they sure haven’t started showing it.

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

Autotool Installation heals 10% Turret HP/10 Seconds. The tooltip is wrong.
You can, therefore, get 300% of the Turret’s HP back if it lasts for 5 full minutes. This is unlikely to occur. The 3% damage resistance buff is stupid, period.

The 21 Turret bugs (they’ve legitimized one by changing the tooltip to match the current function), are probably more of an indication that they don’t really care about Turrets – or if they do, they sure haven’t started showing it.

well then my sincere apologies for not knowing that

seems its just unupdated info

like rocket turret damage displaying lower than it actually is

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

Mortar still needs fixing tho

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Wait since when is Autotool Installation a Grandmaster trait?

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

Wait since when is Autotool Installation a Grandmaster trait?

since today

in Engineer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

Mortar could be so good they really need to buff this thing to hell 2k range base and it should be hitting for like 4k a shot and allowed to crit i mean come on its a freaking mortar on fleshies

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Still trait #10 for me.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Still trait #10 for me.

Quoting this, still a master one here.

But yeah, the bugs are still there, and turrets aren’t still worthly enough.

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

Yeah, Autotool Installation is still a Master trait. You actually got me to sign in to ascertain, though, and marvel at how incredibly pointless the new Rocket Toolbelt is (at max range, it seems to take a full five seconds to hit).

in Engineer

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Hey, if you can get the camera over/on top the wall in WvW its somewhat fun to see what you can hit. Or you could just throw turrets/nades through flagpost.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tulki.1458

Tulki.1458

Also of note is that the rocket turret no longer causes burning, which removes roughly half of the damage at level 80, or more than half if you were a condition build.

This change was not listed in the patch notes.

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

Also of note is that the rocket turret no longer causes burning, which removes roughly half of the damage at level 80, or more than half if you were a condition build.

it got an unlisted direct damage buff

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

but yeh pointless thread so far /close :v

seriously fix the mortar tho its been nearly a year and it still jams and shoots random shots without any effects

in Engineer

Posted by: Tulki.1458

Tulki.1458

It got a buff of about 400 damage at level 80 against squishy targets in exchange for 3 seconds of burning (= 984 damage with zero condition damage).

That’s a nerf even if you had no condition traits or gear.

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

Hopefully they’re stripping off conditions to make way for more scaling.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

90% resistance to AOEs is all I can say…..still haven’t learned it yet….let’s see 5 years of WoW before Blizz finally learned guess it will take Anet 5 years before they realize Hey turrets need AOE resist hmmm.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

90% resistance to AOEs is all I can say…..still haven’t learned it yet….let’s see 5 years of WoW before Blizz finally learned guess it will take Anet 5 years before they realize Hey turrets need AOE resist hmmm.

WoW had specialized AoE and specalized single-target abilities. AoE was already made inferior for single-target fights.
AoE reduction was implemented in WoW because of pets dying to bosses really fast.

If every ability in GW2 that can hit multiple targets, and thus counts as AoE, gets its damage reduced against Turrets (or pets) by 90%, turrets and pets would never die to anything except Backstab Thieves and Shortbow rangers. Engineers certainly would never be able to kill any pet, minion, turret or spirit ever again. Aoe is all we got.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in Engineer

Posted by: Snack.9315

Snack.9315

They could just implement it in PVE, then, like the pet/minion health increase… which didn’t include turrets. facepalm

“Retired” characters: Fruit Salad (Warrior), Blingerton (Engineer), Shixard (Ranger).
Current characters: Mistress Viridi (Elementalist), Pigeon Opener (Engineer).
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Mail me in-game if you add me!

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

It got a buff of about 400 damage at level 80 against squishy targets in exchange for 3 seconds of burning (= 984 damage with zero condition damage).

or 0-1 second of burning in wvw zergs so i’d say the nerf is only to condi damage builds however i think it was made this way so you could deal extra damage with rifle turret’s 10 vuln over charge or something

in Engineer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Wait, Rocket Turret no longer burns either? Man, that really sucks. It was bad enough Rifle Turret lost bleed, now we’ve only got one turret that actually proc conditions and Condition Damage is the only Engineer stat that boosts turret effectiveness…

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

or 0-1 second of burning in wvw zergs so i’d say the nerf is only to condi damage builds however i think it was made this way so you could deal extra damage with rifle turret’s 10 vuln over charge or something

Zerg on Zerg is only a small part of the game. There is spvp, roaming, defending. But also a rather large gamemode called PvE.
Saying that its a buff, based on the assumption that zergs clear conditions fast, is kinda shortsighted. Turrets are sub-optimal in ZvZ anyway.

The burn, even on 0condition damage builds, was stronger then the boosted damage. Even if you combo it with Rifleturret.
Condition damage is also the only stat Turrets actually scale from. And now they are getting their condition damage removed, first Rifle turret and now also the Rocket turret.

in Engineer

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

ANet “We don’t do turrents”.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in Engineer

Posted by: cdimgcc.1638

cdimgcc.1638

Yup, the turrets are fairly useless when they get hit. The targeting is also bugged. My rocket turret didn’t target siege the other day, despite being right next to it. The overcharge cycle is the biggest joke ever. Turrets have always been bad, so this big nerf is unjustified.

The traits are kind of stupid too. If two hits cause 150%hp of my turret to drop what good is a 6% reduction going to do. The same goes for auto repair. Turrets never stay up long enough to do anything. I’d rather have some trait which caused my turrets to have (rechargeable) shields. To actually dmg my turrets, you’d have to concentrate fire and take down the shield.

The exploding trait also is useless. It’s misplaced and lackluster. I’d rather have it cause a static combo field or something like that.

I don’t see why a turret needs to get on cooldown when picked up either. It’d be better if they copied the ranger system for this. Picking it up should cause the health to recharge bit by bit. When picked up, you should get a small cooldown, but no more than 10 seconds.

The rifle turret barely does noticable damage.
The fire turret has bad range, causing it to get downed after one shot.
The thumper is evaded so easily, people barely ever get into range and if they do it gets destroyed within seconds. Thanks to the overcharge cycle, you can’t even overcharge it.
The rocket turret had miserable damage, yet got nerfed. The fire arc of the overcharged rocket is the biggest nonsense ever. I’d rather have it fire straight causing a knockback similar to the pbr or overcharged shot.
The healing turret is okay, I’d only wish the toolbelt water field would stay for a little longer.

in Engineer

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

ANet “We still don’t do turrets”.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in Engineer

Posted by: Stalima.5490

Stalima.5490

for anyone interested in turrets, you should not in anyway thing of just the turret as what your taking for your utility skill, think instead of what your toolbelt offers and think of the turret as either a quick bomb or a source of additional damage as the toolbelt cools out.

the rocket turret no longer burns because it pretty much negated any reason to use the actual flame turret which is focused on burning.

interestingly turrets work extremely well with static discharge able to activate it twice for every turret you have (toolbelt skill AND manual detonation)

despite their many bugs they can still be used very effectively but im assuming anet really doesnt want to fiddle with them too much since they could become overpowered far easier than any other skill of any class.

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

for anyone interested in turrets, you should not in anyway thing of just the turret as what your taking for your utility skill, think instead of what your toolbelt offers and think of the turret as either a quick bomb or a source of additional damage as the toolbelt cools out.

the rocket turret no longer burns because it pretty much negated any reason to use the actual flame turret which is focused on burning.

interestingly turrets work extremely well with static discharge able to activate it twice for every turret you have (toolbelt skill AND manual detonation)

despite their many bugs they can still be used very effectively but im assuming anet really doesnt want to fiddle with them too much since they could become overpowered far easier than any other skill of any class.

So, basically…“If you’re interested in using Turrets, don’t be. Be interested in using Turret Toolbelts.” That’s what I’m getting out of this post.
And it’s stupid.
If people are interested in using a skillset, they should be interested in that skillset, and if the condition of Turrets is such that you can actually, unironically, unsarcastically, tell people “Don’t be interested in using them, be interested in using their Toolbelt skills,” then Turrets obviously need improvement badly.

As for the idea that they could become overpowered more easily than any other skillset in the game – you’re going to have to prove that one. As it stands, they are the only minion-style (not type, because obviously Anet doesn’t think they are minions) skillset that is both universally immobile (not a single example of the Turret class can move) and fragile (a long-standing issue exacerbated by immobility, as well as Anet’s granting all other minions a massive HP boost). They also don’t scale to Power, making them fall off in usefulness in late-game, though I’m not sure whether this applies to all minion-style skill products or not, so I’m not going to claim that’s unique.

Alongside all that, Anet apparently can’t do targeting systems that actually focus on the user’s target, instead of “The last thing the ubiquitous AoEs, Bounces and Pierces hit,” and I think they’re supposed to be trying to resolve the massive number of bugs, but I honestly kind of doubt that we’ll see anything resembling actual bugfixes to the majority of the issues.

So. How could they become overpowered more easily than any other skill in the game?

(edited by Anymras.5729)