elixir c still bugged?

elixir c still bugged?

in Engineer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

last time I checked the duration portion (minor) did not function at all. maybe a stealth nerf?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

elixir c still bugged?

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

last time I checked the duration portion (minor) did not function at all. maybe a stealth nerf?

I’m sure it’s just a tooltip error. I don’t remember it ever having a five-second duration, and it doesn’t really need one. The instant conversion between the toolbelt and utility skill is already strong enough as it is, especially when there’s no necro on the other team.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

elixir c still bugged?

in Engineer

Stand The Wall.6987

back in the day it lasted (I’m pretty sure) for the duration. my memory of this is such that it was a brief period after a huge update to the game (maybe crit damage nerf). no one really noticed because they were still of the opinion that engi had no place in wvw. maybe the duration part was a mistake in the first place, idk.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

elixir c still bugged?

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

The duration listed on there was just supposed to be the duration of the boons the conditions were converted to. It’s a pretty misleading tooltip though, as afaik it doesn’t update to account for your boon duration stat, which the boons will use, and definitely can’t account for specific boon durations at all. All it does is show a 5→ 6 change when you trait for HGH.

Hilariously enough the tooltip also shows a “Conditions removed: 1” note when running alchemy, which is pretty misleading for a full clear. I’d be interested in seeing if that removal takes place before the full conversion (leaving you with 1 less boon) or not, but I’m way too lazy to test stuff right now.

TL;DR: Tooltip is a mess.

elixir c still bugged?

in Engineer

Posted by: hornswroggle.8023

hornswroggle.8023

[…]

TL;DR: Tooltip is a mess.

Engi is a mess. No surprises here.
But yeah… with the Specialization update in june 2015 that streamlined Boon-Condi-Conversion they forgot this Elixir (alongside many other things)

elixir c still bugged?

in Engineer

Stand The Wall.6987

ah, I see. well thanks guys. keep on, whatever engis keep on about… I guess.