[engineer] RIP HEALING TURRET

in Engineer

Posted by: DRfear.5234

DRfear.5234

So I understand that Anet wants to revive Turrets (all the respect for that !)… however you do not realize that you have just completely slaughtered the healing turret. I am pretty sure that I am not the only Engineer out there who finds it completely Mental.
before it was very simple to deploy turret, then activate the healing burst and comfortably detonate with tool skill. however now if you do the same, your turret explodes before even activating the Cleansing burst….
and I know that it is still possible, but in my case it is about 60% that I will successfully detonate the turret during the cleansing burst HOWEVER it takes a huge amount of focus from my side.

before I could easily watch the game and use my turret to full potential, maybe even add a second blast or leap into the water field

Conclusion : Either make sure that the cleansing burst activates the exactly at the same moment you deploy the healing turret, so the chance if linking the blast with the water field will be 100% or just return Healing Turret on the way it used to be where tool skill = Detonation.

(edited by DRfear.5234)

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

From your description it looks like a severe case of you needing to adapt a little. I’m not saying the turret is better now, and I think you could be facing a bug, but the turret is now supossed to activate the burst on deploy, just as you say.

Maybe I’m wrong and they put some kind of RNG in the burst timing… I hope not.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

Posted by: DRfear.5234

DRfear.5234

There is a Delay between Deployment and Overcharge causing it to not link the blast

in Engineer

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Sounds a lot like all those people using their AFK farming macros will have to redo their macros.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in Engineer

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

Press your heal and then wait. The cleansing burst (clears 2 condis) happens on its own. You can still pick up Healing Turret and have it go on a 15s cd.

Some turrets apply their field after it is detonated causing you to miss out on the field.
I think Flame Turret has this problem. Never mind, tested. The smoke field only drops when you are in combat.

Supply Crate has a water field that is dropped by one of the turrets and this is not reflected in the tooltip.

(edited by cgMatt.5162)

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

It’s bugged. See examples: https://youtu.be/-KNeJwMlYwk

Overcharge does not apply after dropping it, or detonate happens too soon. Either way, it’s waaaay too broken to be using in combat.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

stop spamming and start paying attention

piano playing intensifies

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

coro.3176

I feel like that’s an unintended bug considering it’s next-to-impossible to detonate it without the overcharge out of combat, but it happens pretty frequently in-combat. You shouldn’t have to count 0.75s in your head and then be punished with ~4k less healing and no condi cleanse if you get it wrong.

(edited by coro.3176)

in Engineer

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

Sorry man, just trying to help. From my observation I see that you are mashing the heal ~5 times before it deploys and are continuing to mash it after it goes down. The icon darkens with a closing box shadow when you press it while another skill is being channeled. This is referred to as a skill queue.

Once the heal goes off, wait and watch for the water field animation before detonating it.

Quick clip for the things I was talking about – https://youtu.be/yuHegUtHKhM

I don’t blast the water field with Healing Turret, but when you see the water field is when you press your heal again. Play it at 0.25 speed if you must.

(edited by cgMatt.5162)

in Engineer

coro.3176

Well yeah. 5 years of muscle memory from how it used to work. Also, I tend to mash because sometimes it doesn’t go off if the game is being laggy. The first or second or third or sixth press is sometimes the one that goes through.

in Engineer

Posted by: UncleSwag.7930

UncleSwag.7930

Well they semi-recently added the cast if you hold down the button, which is what i do most of the time now (especially with auto attacks). if my ping doesn’t suck, this screws me over. It’s definitely a quality of life fix that needs to be patched. maybe just put them in over charge state on placement instead (without the small delay)? or since they only overcharge once we just get the condi-clear/aoe on use? I’ve actually swapped to AED because it’s messing me up in T4s.

For them to change the way turrets work for quality of life purposes, it’d be weird for them to not want to fix this.

in Engineer

Posted by: UncleSwag.7930

UncleSwag.7930

Radius is my biggest issue with it at the moment. Needs to be slightly larger if there is going to be delayed explosive time because you’ll walk out of the water field before it can detonate.

I somewhat agree, with one minor exception. With the delay, someone can place a longer lasting aoe over your turret (before your water aoe is casted), completely negating your blast heal. I’d actually like to see personal AoEs prioritised before the radius is increased.

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Wut, it’s easier to use now.

All you have to do is listen for the sprinkler sound and hit it again. Previously you had to hit heal twice and then hit f1. You don’t even have to hit f1 anymore.

I got it wrong the first time I tried, and that was it. I have more trouble accidentially using the toolbelt than this. Though I always did.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Engineer

coro.3176

The thing is, you can miss now. If you hit it in the few ms after the turret goes down, but before the burst goes off (shouldn’t even exist because the overcharge is supposed to be instant), you can blow the turret and get no overcharge field.

Pre-patch, as long as you had tapped again for the overcharge, you were free to blast the turret because you knew 100% that the overcharge had gone off. Now we’re stuck waiting awkwardly for the turret to do it automatically. Sometimes it’s instant. Sometimes it’s a bit late and you miss 2/3 of your heal + condi cleanse.

See examples: https://youtu.be/-KNeJwMlYwk

You shouldn’t be able to fail 2/3 of your heal because you pressed the detonate inside a ~50ms window. That’s a bug.

(edited by coro.3176)

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

the field is 3 secs. cast another skill while you wait for the overcharge, then explode.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

ArchonWing.9480

The thing is, you can miss now. If you hit it in the few ms after the turret goes down, but before the burst goes off (shouldn’t even exist because the overcharge is supposed to be instant), you can blow the turret and get no overcharge field.

Pre-patch, as long as you had tapped again for the overcharge, you were free to blast the turret because you knew 100% that the overcharge had gone off. Now we’re stuck waiting awkwardly for the turret to do it automatically. Sometimes it’s instant. Sometimes it’s a bit late and you miss 2/3 of your heal + condi cleanse.

See examples: https://youtu.be/-KNeJwMlYwk

You shouldn’t be able to fail 2/3 of your heal because you pressed the detonate inside a ~50ms window. That’s a bug.

You shouldn’t be blowing up the turret right away. That was never a thing. You always had to wait for the sprinkler!

The video here has the player spamming the heal button. That’s just a case of motor memory playing tricks because the input would be equivalent of hitting f1 before the cleansing burst. I can tell because f1 is hit right afterwards.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

You shouldn’t be blowing up the turret right away. That was never a thing. You always had to wait for the sprinkler!

Having to wait for the overcharge is not the issue, but the possibility of the turret detonating before the overcharge. The heal skill and the detonation are the same keybind now and the delay is a little too short to prevent this (this problem didn’t exist before).

I have made a Video wherein I keep my finger on the Heal button with the result that 13 out of 24 times the detonation comes before the overcharge making you end up with a lousy 2520 heal + 853 regeneration (0 heal power). So whenever you keep your button pressed in too long, try to detonate too early or spam the button too much there is a significant chance that this will happen to you. Most of the time everything is gonna be fine if you try not to do the 3 things I just mentioned but eventually its gonna happen to everyone and its gonna suck.

(edited by santenal.1054)

in Engineer

coro.3176

I think that’s a pretty clear sign it’s bugged. It ought to at least be consistent one way or the other. I’d prefer always getting the overcharge+blast and not being able to screw up the heal by tapping the button too early.

In practice, I find “having to wait” for the overcharge causes the heal to take 1-1.5s rather than the 0.75ish it used to be. It’s not what I want to be thinking about in the middle of a frantic zerg fight, or a 1v3 situation.

in Engineer

ArchonWing.9480

Having to wait for the overcharge is not the issue, but the possibility of the turret detonating before the overcharge. The heal skill and the detonation are the same keybind now and the delay is a little too short to prevent this (this problem didn’t exist before).

I have made a Video wherein I keep my finger on the Heal button with the result that 13 out of 24 times the detonation comes before the overcharge making you end up with a lousy 2520 heal + 853 regeneration (0 heal power). So whenever you keep your button pressed in too long, try to detonate too early or spam the button too much there is a significant chance that this will happen to you. Most of the time everything is gonna be fine if you try not to do the 3 things I just mentioned but eventually its gonna happen to everyone and its gonna suck.

I can’t really say it’s been an issue for me for the past 2 days. This doesn’t mean I’ve never screwed up before, but it wasn’t something I couldn’t prevent. For some reason I’ve never gotten used to holding down buttons though. Usually just bang the keyboard and hope stuff happens.

I think the bigger issue here is that Anet decided that turrets were so worthless that they have no use besides being blown up, that they just went with it. In this case, I don’t like being unable to decide when the condition clear occurs. Against condi heavy foes, you’re often just better up picking it up once the condi clear happens.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Engineer

coro.3176

To be fair, at least in the case of healing turret, that’s all it was used for – either deployed and blasted to blast another field, or quickly deployed, overcharged & blasted (or picked up) as a regular heal.

I’d be happy as long as the latter worked reliably. It doesn’t though…

in Engineer

Posted by: BloodMoonASURA.3564

BloodMoonASURA.3564

“Healing turret pops too fast, please fix”
Bruh. Wait 1 sec before you press the button again. Do you seriously believe Anet would revert a change, because people are incapable of holding their fingers for 1 second.
Threads like these are a horrible waste of time. Adapt.

I Am The Freakshow – Anguish [Ash]
https://www.youtube.com/c/IAmTheFreakshow

in Engineer

coro.3176

https://youtu.be/-Rd7u9jAuS8

Did you watch that video? Does that look like a skill that is working properly? Same input, different result ~50% of the time?

It’s clearly bugged. I have had it fail in combat, gone back and reviewed the video and found that it doesn’t go off consistently. Sometimes it’s slower, so you basically have to wait 1s before you blast it. That turns our 0.75s heal into a 1s heal.

in Engineer

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Glad I don’t use/never used the healing turret

#NoEngiProblemsForMe

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Engineer

ArchonWing.9480

https://youtu.be/-Rd7u9jAuS8

Did you watch that video? Does that look like a skill that is working properly? Same input, different result ~50% of the time?

It’s clearly bugged. I have had it fail in combat, gone back and reviewed the video and found that it doesn’t go off consistently. Sometimes it’s slower, so you basically have to wait 1s before you blast it. That turns our 0.75s heal into a 1s heal.

Posted this in the other thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTFPulWuZoo&feature=youtu.be

I can cast it pretty consistently, though certainly the possibility of error is there.

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

I just started playing PVP, first time I ever bother (since they added sigil of cleansing ) and the turret has blown up too early at least 3 times today (1 of wich was in a crucial moment) dispite me being rather carefull. I can’t believe that no more people then me and coro find this annoying, maybe they ain’t noticing it?

in Engineer

coro.3176

I have been asking other engineers I see in WvW (admittedly, there are not many out there) and all have complained about missing the turret a lot in the last week. See also: that straw poll.