engineer meta in tpvp

engineer meta in tpvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Staffordshire.1752

Staffordshire.1752

Concerning the new traits and incoming nerf to celestial stats, do you think cele rifle will remain meta for engineer or will a p/s condi build take over? Of course its speculation and all.

(edited by Staffordshire.1752)

engineer meta in tpvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

yes.
/15schars

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

engineer meta in tpvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Dr Gonzo.6259

Dr Gonzo.6259

It is waaaaay too early to call stuff like this, zerker hammer engie could be meta for all we know, there’s still plenty of specs yet to be revealed and figuring out how they work together will take at least a good month of practice and testing when we can play them.

engineer meta in tpvp

in Engineer

Staffordshire.1752

Im talking/asking about the upcoming trait changes, not the HOT expansion.

engineer meta in tpvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolfar.6508

Wolfar.6508

Doubt it, the 6/0/6/0/6 just looks much better for Cele than Condi and that will be the meta pretty much. I can only see me penalizing myself by going into Firearms instead of Explosives for the conditions.

Wolfineer.com - Everything Engineer!

(edited by Wolfar.6508)

engineer meta in tpvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Magi hammer kitless full gadget engineer will clearly be the new meta, duh.

engineer meta in tpvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Rifle hybrid will remain meta. No idea about the amulet, it’ll depend on just how ANet handles the amulet issue. It won’t be pure grenades, though. Bombs are going to be OP as hell with how much might you can stack easily through dodge/heal blasts, all of which will heal you as well.

Condi stuff could either be really strong or really weak depending on how the rework goes, and we have no idea what (both new and old) condi traits/skills will look like after it. Personally I’m leaning towards weak, but again, no idea what ANet will do there.

engineer meta in tpvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Rifle over pistol/shield. It has too much going for it with teams and decap-ability in conquest to not remain superior. The real question is how the hammer will compare.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

engineer meta in tpvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I think I will go rabid over celestial and pistol shield bombs, tool and eg. Pistol will get lots of buffs coated bullets baseline explosives traits affect it and new trait condi from precision will make nice synergies

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

engineer meta in tpvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Hollow.1672

Hollow.1672

Screw Rifle n Cele, P/S Rabid o/

Pry

engineer meta in tpvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Father Busho.2796

Father Busho.2796

Meh to rifle, yay for zerker P/S

Band Of Royal Daggers [BORD]
Aurora Glade
ALL IS VAIN :(

engineer meta in tpvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Nix.3152

Nix.3152

i like the way how rifle works cc and direct dmg, but ye cele spec looks a bit broken in terms of sustain and dmg you can deal. on the other hand if celestial rifle gonna be nerfed there will be condi engis only again. i would be happy to play viable power engi spec. anet pls

“You need actively react to the passives” (GW2 PvP 2013)

engineer meta in tpvp

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

when will the trait patch go out ?

engineer meta in tpvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

why the p/s hate?

engineer meta in tpvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Drath.4750

Drath.4750

P/S is awesome. Engi shield is one of the best offhands in the game and pistol 2 and 3 are fine skills. The autoattack is dead weight but even that might change with the upgrade to being an explosion and having piercing+range made baseline. The problem is that shield has such long cooldowns that don’t work well with the engi’s attrition playstyle.

The thing is, rifle 4→2 is the strongest tool engi’s have for decapping. It’s a very low cooldown and with the baseline range increase on 4 becomes even easier to hit. The autoattack is better for applying some ranged pressure and jump shot is versatile for chasing, bursting, or disengaging. With nades, the CC on rifle is a godsend for setting up grenade barrage.

With bombs, I prefer pistol/shield. With nades, I prefer rifle.

engineer meta in tpvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

People will try to run their normal Cele but things WILL change. No doubt about that.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

engineer meta in tpvp

in Engineer

Staffordshire.1752

+ wont incendiary powder going to firearms hurt the celestial build pretty hard? the easy burns were accounting for a lot of damage no?

engineer meta in tpvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

+ wont incendiary powder going to firearms hurt the celestial build pretty hard? the easy burns were accounting for a lot of damage no?

They account for a strong fraction of damage versus low cleanse classes, however the celestial build is primarily a crowd control power build, also a lot of the other changes will benefit the power side, so it’s not too huge. It will be interesting to see how the condition builds fare after the patch.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs