engineer vs holosmith

engineer vs holosmith

in Engineer

Posted by: mafioyo.2458

mafioyo.2458

From engineer profesion i waiting more than holosmith skills. It was engineer using bombs and flamethrower and many kits, but now its not engi, its very different game play.

engineer vs holosmith

in Engineer

Posted by: Sean.8921

Sean.8921

It feels like Berserker 2.0. It follows the same concept of risking self-harm to deal tons of burst damage. Don’t get me wrong though— I like the holo’s damage output and it makes for exciting gameplay to time the burst. I just don’t feel like an engineer on a conceptual level anymore and instead a warrior turned greasemonkey with hard light technology.

Captain Charrmandre (SoR) Occasional streamnanigans @ https://goo.gl/9HZUb1

engineer vs holosmith

in Engineer

Posted by: Atamaz.4195

Atamaz.4195

As a power there are fore sure chance to run a kitless build, but as a condition build, expecially for pve we will have to use at least bomb and grenade with laser disks because aside form the forge mechanic and pistol 4 we don’t any other kitless skill to apply condition aside from rocket boots toolbelt.

And the fact that Photon Forge give kits 6 sec cd is not a problem because by the time you used you forge skill to pass 50% heat and weapon skill 6 seconds are alredy gone and you can use your kit.

For sure in pvp 6 second could harm but you can play as power and take real utility that will help you survive given the glass cannon nature of the spec

engineer vs holosmith

in Engineer

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

And the fact that Photon Forge give kits 6 sec cd is not a problem because by the time you used you forge skill to pass 50% heat and weapon skill 6 seconds are alredy gone and you can use your kit.

The freedom is still gone though.

Being able to freely switch between weapons and kits is one of the best things about engineers. Giving that up is a loss.

engineer vs holosmith

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

The freedom is still gone though.

Being able to freely switch between weapons and kits is one of the best things about engineers. Giving that up is a loss.

You can still swap freely between weapon kits though. That hasn’t changed at all. You just can’t swap to photon forge (which is not a weapon kit) and back to a weapon kit immediately. Then again, there isn’t much reason to do this anyways since photon forge isn’t some kit with only 1 or 2 high damage skills that you use then swap. The entire photon forge kitten nal delivers high damage.

The only reason I can think of for people wanting to swap out of Photon Forge early for is because they activated it without realizing they were still dangerously high on heat. But then again, this is exactly why the 6 second lockout exists, to create that risk, to make the player think about what they are doing.

Also, it feels like you are going to want to stay in photon forge as much as possible for max dps, using kits during the cooldown. So wanting to swap to photon forge and then immediately swap back to a kit makes even less sense. In fact, this whole “but it takes away my freedom of kit swapping” complaint really just sounds like complaining for the sake of complaining without even really understanding what you are complaining about.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

engineer vs holosmith

in Engineer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Holosmith is perfect for me. I love engineer but I absolutely detest having to swap to kits all the time. I love kits and I wish they were just alternate weapon choices for certain situations, but they are required for every rotation.

I enjoy both condi and power in this game, but the fact that grenades are basically required for both is beyond annoying. I dont mind using them, but for every rotation it makes me want to break my pc.

I thought scrapper would save my hands only to find out it sucks in pve. for pvp is amazing wont argue that, but for pve it was extremely under performing. which sucks because hammer is amazing.

Holosmith gives me straight dps, and I can keep all of my engineer utilities for team play with aoe heals and such

engineer vs holosmith

in Engineer

Shaogin.2679

Well you could always run a kitless engi for PvE, it just wouldn’t give you top dps. If top dps is something you care about, then sure you had to run kits, and probably still will with Holosmith.

You can stay in Photon Forge indefinitely, and Holosmith utilities don’t bring the damage that kits do. On the bright side though, maybe we won’t need a full bar of kits, and we have a new elite skill to replace the lame mortar with.

Gate of Madness

engineer vs holosmith

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

There is no content I’ve tried that I couldn’t do with my PvP scrapper build in PvE. Which includes the lvl 100 Fractal in challenge or whatever. To be fair, I haven’t done raids yet as getting 10 folks together takes more effort than I’d like.

engineer vs holosmith

in Engineer

Shaogin.2679

There is no content I’ve tried that I couldn’t do with my PvP scrapper build in PvE. Which includes the lvl 100 Fractal in challenge or whatever. To be fair, I haven’t done raids yet as getting 10 folks together takes more effort than I’d like.

Yeah……I don’t think anyone here is debating that you could use Scrapper for PvE. Fact remains though, if you care about optimal dps and group set-ups, Scrapper is a hindrance to the group. It sacrifices damage to bring utilities that aren’t required in an optimal group. Scrapper was a PvP spec.

Now sure, if you are just pugging fractals or doing open world content, or you just don’t care about optimal dps or farming fractal 40 speed runs or whatever, then who cares right? But for those who do care, Holosmith is pretty sweet.

Gate of Madness