engineers need more "siege" abilities

in Engineer

Posted by: Dudses.3267

Dudses.3267

why do engineers have only 1 "siege weapon "ability? I mean, engineers are master inventors basically, so why don’t they have a list of abilities related to siege weapons?
if engineers can use turrets but cant use “mini siege” weapons (same siege weapons as WVW ones but slightly smaller and less range on AOE ones)they why let engineers use only the mortar? and if you do make more siege weapons make them use f5-f10 and remove mortar from elite skills, only you have to unlock their usage with karma and coin.

Dudses Shadowstep
Northern Shiverpeaks
Eternal Warlords[Lord]

in Engineer

Posted by: Venthus.6137

Venthus.6137

Alternatively, turn the mortar into a Siege Kit. Still occupies the elite slot, but gives a bit of flexibility in the kind of weapon to drop.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mobott.5908

Mobott.5908

Alternatively, turn the mortar into a Siege Kit. Still occupies the elite slot, but gives a bit of flexibility in the kind of weapon to drop.

YES. Now the skill could be useful. However, it should be that once you place a siege weapon down, you can’t pick it up or change siege weapons until the next skill cast. You know, to keep it balanced.

in Engineer

Dudses.3267

actually that may work, however I think it should be able to be destroyed or set at anytime(no cooldown) and you could set 1 of each siege weapon(and they need to have good range as posted below)

Dudses Shadowstep
Northern Shiverpeaks
Eternal Warlords[Lord]

(edited by Dudses.3267)

in Engineer

Posted by: LegoTechnic.5910

LegoTechnic.5910

I’d honestly settle for the mortar not having crap damage due to the slow rate of fire and actually having a range to make it viable (1200 doesn’t cut it).

in Engineer

Dudses.3267

that would also be nice

Dudses Shadowstep
Northern Shiverpeaks
Eternal Warlords[Lord]