hate you in spvp

hate you in spvp

in Engineer

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Fighting decent engis in spvp is painful. You hit hard, you live a long time, you go immune to my condis.

I think if the same amount of people played Engi, that play cele eles, you’d get more notice.

QQ over

ps-I love koroshi

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

hate you in spvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

And the reason you’ve opened a thread for this is?

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

hate you in spvp

in Engineer

EnderzShadow.2506

To annoy you personally. Why else?

hate you in spvp

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

Then you’ve failed your objective.

Have a nice day

hate you in spvp

in Engineer

EnderzShadow.2506

I can’t be the first person to have ever shed a few QQtears in the engi forums

hate you in spvp

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

Naw, not the first one.
They come in from time to time, get told to rather improve their skills than to waste time complaining here, and then choose one of 2 paths:

a) They actually take their time to 1up their skills and are never be seen again here, or
b) They continue shedding tears, get ignored after a few replies and are never be seen again here.

Regardless what you choose, it can’t take long until someone shows mercy with you & gives you some tips on how to fight us. I’d do it, but I simply don’t have time right now.

So regardless if you are a) or b), enjoy your short stay. It might become educational.

hate you in spvp

in Engineer

EnderzShadow.2506

fair enough aranth

I’m sure part of it is skill and my build (trap ranger) Occasionally I run into someone that tears me up. It’s spvp, it’s not always 1v1. When I did get the edge, the engi had an engi fraynd. Talk about payn… ow ow ow.

Oh and the cele meta doesn’t hurt.

Respect for you guys. I tried my hand at engi a while back.

hate you in spvp

in Engineer

Posted by: NineLives.8725

NineLives.8725

The harder with engineer is first to find the right build, not only efficient but which also fit to yourself, because unlike others classes there are really many to choose, the meta isn’t fixed at all.
Since june patch, I may tried around twenty very differents builds, with a dozen adjustments on each, and some which looked very strong at first proved very disappointing finally. It’s already enough playoff to explain why you don’t encounter too many really good engi.

hate you in spvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Tango Fro.5942

Tango Fro.5942

You should Pm Arantheal first before you post a subject on the forum and see if you get approval from him. Otherwise he the allmighty forum god will wrath upon you.

hate you in spvp

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

You should Pm Arantheal first before you post a subject on the forum and see if you get approval from him. Otherwise he the allmighty forum god will wrath upon you.

There seems to be an issue with your last post-request.
I can’t find any PM from you in my inbox.

Please fix that or send the usual 10g fine.

hate you in spvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

Fighting decent engis in spvp is painful. You hit hard, you live a long time, you go immune to my condis.

I think if the same amount of people played Engi, that play cele eles, you’d get more notice.

QQ over

ps-I love koroshi

Immune to conditions? Are you sure you’re not thinking of Revenant? Engineers are weak against conditions, painfully so. If Self-Regulating Defenses kicks in when you have ~3+ stacks of burning on you, you’re one dead engineer.

The things that Engineers tend to have are ways to prevent incoming attacks and a lot of cc and burst. And yes, that can be rather difficult to fight against.

hate you in spvp

in Engineer

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Engis are actually pretty weak at the moment. The one exception is a rabid burn spec which takes no skill and yet is quite effective.

hate you in spvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

While I enjoy from time to time my cheesy burning build (all about fast burning application and retreat/stealth/invuln) what i’m running now is 100% elixir build (sometimes i switch U with elix gun /bomb/nades depending on map/encounters).
After 23/06 patch is the only one that suits me.. but…is not easy to use, and you still have counters.

Dunno what to say, every class sometimes have a very skilled player that will crush you, it’s not that is an engi issue…like..at all :-D

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

hate you in spvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

@EnderzShadow.2506, play cheese and learn to play(use well burst and evades, know how to condi pressure) you will find youserlf in the other side, the wining side.

There are a few classes that can fit almost all roles, players just need to open their eyes.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

hate you in spvp

in Engineer

EnderzShadow.2506

QQ over

ps-I love koroshi

Immune to conditions? Are you sure you’re not thinking of Revenant? Engineers are weak against conditions, painfully so. If Self-Regulating Defenses kicks in when you have ~3+ stacks of burning on you, you’re one dead engineer.

The things that Engineers tend to have are ways to prevent incoming attacks and a lot of cc and burst. And yes, that can be rather difficult to fight against.

It was really well timed elixirs.

And yeah, I know the class isn’t easy to play. I tried, had an 80 engi. Deleted.

I think seriously, much of the downside is the spec/class I play. When is Ranger ever meta in spvp? That’s one thing.

When I made this post I made a trap ranger which is high dmg, low survivability. There is a condi remove (all) on a my heal.
No stability.

Its just weapon skills, the heal and a kitten load of traps.

(edited by EnderzShadow.2506)

hate you in spvp

in Engineer

Posted by: Ging.6485

Ging.6485

Conditions are the Engineer’s biggest weakness. You probably won’t beat a decent Engineer using pure power, we have too many ways to mitigate / block / evade the damage. On the other hand we have really poor condi cleanse. It’s an uphill battle for me against even a bad burn guard for example, all he has to do is keep the burning on me which is not that difficult.

As far as Rangers go, learn how to kite, your damage at longer range is much more powerful than our damage at long range. Don’t melee an Engineer. Engineers, believe it or not, are close-ranged/mid-ranged characters. Yes most of our weapons are capable of long range, but they become considerably weaker the farther away you are. It’s why the easiest fights as an Engineer are against (Non-burn)Guardians, Warriors, and Thieves. They try to go toe to toe with us thinking that we are a long ranged class, which we are not. When you are up close, it is extremely easy for us to block your attacks, keep you blinded, keep you poisoned, without realizing it have you fighting us in multiple healing fields, chill fields, poison fields. The closer you are also, the easier it is for us to land our grenades, and grenades are really powerful. Theoretically, depending on the spec, being hit by 1 grenade toss can apply 8 stacks of burning, 3-9 stacks of bleeding, 3-6 stacks of vulnerability, and 3 stacks of poison. If it’s a power spec engineer on the other hand, the condis become negligible, but on the other hand you can expect each grenade toss to do anywhere from 2.5-5k damage.

If you are at range though, the grenades become easy to avoid, the only 1500 range weapon we have is mortar, and that is more useful for the fields than the upfront damage, also easy to avoid at 1500. Pistol won’t hit you at all, we may be able to get a rifle hipshot off, but your longbow is more powerful. We aren’t especially built to fight well at long range.

hate you in spvp

in Engineer

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

Engis are actually pretty weak at the moment. The one exception is a rabid burn spec which takes no skill and yet is quite effective.

Uh… No… just no…

hate you in spvp

in Engineer

Arantheal.7396

Conditions are the Engineer’s biggest weakness. You probably won’t beat a decent Engineer using pure power, we have too many ways to mitigate / block / evade the damage. On the other hand we have really poor condi cleanse. It’s an uphill battle for me against even a bad burn guard for example, all he has to do is keep the burning on me which is not that difficult.

As far as Rangers go, learn how to kite, your damage at longer range is much more powerful than our damage at long range. Don’t melee an Engineer. Engineers, believe it or not, are close-ranged/mid-ranged characters. Yes most of our weapons are capable of long range, but they become considerably weaker the farther away you are. It’s why the easiest fights as an Engineer are against (Non-burn)Guardians, Warriors, and Thieves. They try to go toe to toe with us thinking that we are a long ranged class, which we are not. When you are up close, it is extremely easy for us to block your attacks, keep you blinded, keep you poisoned, without realizing it have you fighting us in multiple healing fields, chill fields, poison fields. The closer you are also, the easier it is for us to land our grenades, and grenades are really powerful. Theoretically, depending on the spec, being hit by 1 grenade toss can apply 8 stacks of burning, 3-9 stacks of bleeding, 3-6 stacks of vulnerability, and 3 stacks of poison. If it’s a power spec engineer on the other hand, the condis become negligible, but on the other hand you can expect each grenade toss to do anywhere from 2.5-5k damage.

If you are at range though, the grenades become easy to avoid, the only 1500 range weapon we have is mortar, and that is more useful for the fields than the upfront damage, also easy to avoid at 1500. Pistol won’t hit you at all, we may be able to get a rifle hipshot off, but your longbow is more powerful. We aren’t especially built to fight well at long range.

With the exception of the last segment he’s entirely right.
On a full zerker s/d build I can take on rangers quite easily dmg-wise. Their longbow hits hard, but we have the superior dmg mitigation & mobility, allowing us to negate the first rapid fire entirely & stunlock rangers until signet of stone runs out. Rampage as one can be countered easily by moa as well, leaving any ranger as easy prey.

hate you in spvp

in Engineer

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

I took this as a compliment for the Engi community… I honestly couldn’t tell my butt from kitten in the ground with engi but from what I’ve seen they are very nasty opponents when played well… And it’s VERY easy to tell when they are. haha