help minmax without toxic crystals

in Engineer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Hi,
thing is toxic crystals are expensive (50 silvers) so I don’t think I am gonna use them.
So I need to minmax my condi engi without them.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdQQJAqalUUhSsYfWwWLQ7FLpFFYJuiHw3GGANw4PmGlBA-TBBmwA6V/BgSwgK/UrHgUAwsGA-e
This is the template. I can think of 4 options
1) Berserker runes, smoldering and agony sigils.
2)Berserker runes, malice and geomancy sigils.
3)Berseker runes, Earth and geomancy sigils.
4)Nigthmare/trapper damond runes, earth and geomancy sigils.

As I am not into spreadsheets, can anyone tell me (or teach me to calculate) which is the better option?

Thank you very much

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

(edited by Ryn.6459)

in Engineer

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

The first question should be which adds more DOT short or DOT long potential, depending on which game mode you play.

Expertise is only really helpful in situations where things get capped abnormally, like PvE Tyria, or if you need your controls to last longer for some reason. In PvP, with condicleasing in everyone’s build, long DOTs lose most of its potential. In this latter case, you want your DOTs to be more potent (condi damage) so they deliver more damage in the short time their up.

Something to think about.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Oh my bad. Is for high level fractals.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

in Engineer

Posted by: Flea Exercise.5098

Flea Exercise.5098

I believe the only option to get 100% duration is to use Nightmare Runes. Swapping out ascended sinister trinkets for exotic viper’s is out of question, as it’s for high level fractals, and you probably don’t want to lose your AR.
So, I came up with this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUh+sYJWwWLQ7FLpFFYJuiHw3GGANw4PmGlBA-TBiHAB0r+jeKB/1CidV+F0+BkrHo2HAAAnAACBsYNA-e

Shouldn’t be terribly behind the meta build with the oh-so-expensive crystals and Berserker runes, 15% dps loss tops.

Another option is to stop at 67% burn and bleed duration which puts Fire Bomb, the skill which suffers the most from duration loss, at 5 second duration burns. That way you can still use Berserker runes, maybe even swap out Malice sigil for Bursting. You get two extra modifiers, a 6% one and a 5% one, but I believe it’s still lower DPS than the Nightmare runes option above.

Sorry I don’t have any concrete math behind these ideas, but it still might be of use to you. Or we could have someone else crunching numbers for us:)

[ZDs]