how do i deal with warriors T-T

in Engineer

Posted by: StarNightz.8496

StarNightz.8496

note: im new to pvp
i was dueling in custom spvp arena with a warrior. i dont what build it is but he was using gs/bow and when we dueled later he was using a/a and rifle. Both of this match up i bearly dmged the wowarrior but he bursted my down pretty hard with both build.

I was running 6/2/4/0/2 P/S with bomb and tool kit with elixer s(the one the shrinks u) and supply crate. Oh and rampagers amulet sigil of torment(?) And sigil of…one that gives bleeding on weapon swap

Oh and i even used supply create but coukdnt beat him.
i was dodging his charged shots and the axe burst too but idk why he does so mich dmg to me

Kimditcher

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Oh and rampagers amulet

There’s your problem right there!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in Engineer

Posted by: StarNightz.8496

StarNightz.8496

Which amulet am i suppose to use than?

Kimditcher

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

cele for rifle or rabid for p/p

against a/a rifle, you have to not take volley and axe autos too cuz theyre tons of pressure. dodging kill shot and eviscerate isnt enough.

against gs/lb, dodge pin down and try not to walk into whirlwind. fight outside of the fire field.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

classic celestial rifle engi should beat war just fine

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

0 in Alchemy ? Does not sound like a good idea to me.

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Zero points in Alchemy is bad. You want Invigorating Speed and Backpack Generator in your build. Those two traits alone will significantly increase your survivability.

The most common condition variants in PvP is 6/2/0/4/2 with grenades and 4/2/0/4/4 with bombs.

I would also drop shield and try taking the off-hand pistol. It gives you a lot stronger condition pressure with Blowtorch, and Glue Shot is just another snare you can add to your build.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

OK so I actually run zerk rifle and have found it a good training exercise. In general I don’t find warriors to be my biggest problem, in fact I find I do sorta well against them. (stupid pew pew rangers can really hose me if I don’t spot their snipe location) and my build’s weakness is lack of a block.

Some tips, you’ll find a surprising number of warriors aren’t running stability. In this case the CC your rifle offers is great fun. You do far more damage at range so make use of this while they run up. When they do finally make it to you a big ol bomb is always a nice present and you have 2 good moves to increase range again the #5 on rifle and your elixir gun acid bomb. Added bonus is acid bomb does terrific damage so match it up with say a glue bomb first.

When stuck in melee I rely on bombs and running circles. I switch to rifle and net / overcharged/ and blunderbuss when available. When available I’ll cripple with EG bouncy ball. and make my various blasts hit my fire field or water fields as necessary.