im tired of running meta builds

in Engineer

Posted by: jhern.6097

jhern.6097

like the title says. anyone have any builds theyd like to share? i do tons and tons of roaming alone or with 1 other person in wvw

in Engineer

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

I run a commanders scrapper. Hit 100 boon duration and get near perma quickness and perma 25 might easily. Someone will jump in to argue that engi quickness doesn’t do much but gl being on the receiving end of it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If you are roaming then p/p condi IMO beat a hammer build. Mostly because you become so much more capable at killing fleeing/stealthed thieves with lingering condis (ie what most encounters probably end as).

At the moment I run something thats probably not too common in terms utilities and traits (its most certainly not meta), because I want it to be as simple as possible so I can focus on the fight rather than to be overwhelmed by rotations. Full rabid, p/p, alchemy/firearms/scrapper, elixir H, elixir B, bulwark, purge and sneak gyros. Traveler runes (sort of necessary) and earth/incapacitation sigils. Alchemy/firearms traits should be a given, for scrapper I run rapid regen/final salvo. Many will probably go wtf given the massive nerfs but I find myself still unable to let go (alchemy/elixirs instead of tools/all gyros was the compromise) because I embrace pretty much a single role in outmanned combat – I am the tactical stomper and resser.

I run the exact same build in ranked sPvP, though with wanderers. Havent been taken down by a hammer meta scrapper so far, hehe. Again with practically zero rotation you can 100% focus on when and where you fire your pistol skills. Its all about timing enemy skills. The only flaw is that with less sustain you really need to be on your toes against enemy melee builds. Well played melee warriors is the nastiest of foes.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in Engineer

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I too run a P/P build, however i go vanilla engi (ooOOOoooo). I run Firearms (1.1.3)/Alchemy(2.2.1)/Inventions(2.3.1)

Utilities: Elixir H/Rocket Boots/Elixir S/Elixir U/Supply Crate

For WvW I run a rabid/dire mix
For PvP, I run Wanderers

When im close to my A game, the only class/build that gives me issues is plague reapers (still learning when to dodge/stealth through that), however the supply crate greatly helps vs them and even condi chronos.

This build is what I have been bringing through the league season and it has yet to disappoint and I rarely see any other condi engi/scrapper (only seen 1 other P/P and was scrapper and I bested him).

Only times I didn’t play my engi was vs 3-4 necro team…Not subjecting my engi to that lol….and vs 3 tempests (daredevil ftw).

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Engineer

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

I bust out the vanilla condi engi in wvw when I want a change of pace, or a marauder rifle + grenade engi.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.