nades gone ...what now ?

nades gone ...what now ?

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

Nades now are without granadeer so which build to use ? it seems to me that now engi have to rely on might stacking and hgh for power and cele too. What do you think ? Any good build to suggest ..condi and celestial ? ( i hate ft )

nades gone ...what now ?

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Is there anything else in the minor line worth taking for that matter? =/

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

nades gone ...what now ?

in Engineer

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Glass Cannon isn’t amazing…but totally useable as a power build with Mortar/SD ambushes. I do wish the cutoff was 75% or something more reliable.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

nades gone ...what now ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

I’ve honestly liked Firearms more with P/P than the Explosives variant with Rifle. Gives Incendiary Powder, and with High Caliber and Hematic Focus your Grenade Barrage stacks bleeds pretty well. Toss Elixir S → Blowtorch → Pry Bar is a perfect re-position/pressure after proccing Kinetic Battery, too.

Fixing Grenadier pretty much confirms it for me that Firearms is the way to go, either way.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

nades gone ...what now ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dentrius.1274

Dentrius.1274

Just go with marauder explo/alch/tools with toolkit, nades, elixir s and x and you’re fine. Just remember this is mainly a team fight build, not so good for duels.

Or just go with HGH cele, for duels mainly.

Although I wish we had better options in the adept tier, but we’ll se what they’ll do with the fixes.

nades gone ...what now ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

I cam here hoping it was just a bug for me, and that maybe I could fix it. Thanks A-net for breaking what is arguably are most important trait……….

I am very, very unhappy right now.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

nades gone ...what now ?

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

I cam here hoping it was just a bug for me, and that maybe I could fix it. Thanks A-net for breaking what is arguably are most important trait……….

After Symbolic Avenger, you had to see this coming.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

nades gone ...what now ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

I don’t know what “symbolic avenger” is. I did not see this coming.

They ruined engineer for every game mode now. I am straight up kittening kittened!

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

nades gone ...what now ?

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

I feel like this video made by a guildie of mine can explain it better than I ever could.

We brought 50 guardians and killed Tequatl with 14:11 remaining on the clock. They disabled the trait that made it possible yesterday.

They ruined engineer for every game mode now. I am straight up kittening kittened!

“Ruined.”

I’ve been playing around with the Bomb Kit, Flamethrower, and Grenade Kit with Firearms/Alchemy/Tools the past five days with tons of success; I actually felt they were better overall builds than what Marauder with Explosives gave us, since it wasn’t so one-shotty and didn’t depend on a lot of things going the right way.

The class will be completely fine when they fix Incendiary Ammo and bomb radius. It’s just not faceroll anymore. That and after they tone down mesmers, because Jesus Christ. I have trouble with them on every class I play.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

nades gone ...what now ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

I want to say I found the old Bomb double kit condi to work fairly well (take Firearms for IP instead of Explosives, otherwise mostly the same) but with the craziness involved with some of the wonkier traits/glass cannon builds, I can’t really say if it works in today’s meta or if I just got a string of fairly noobish opponents when I tried it out.

nades gone ...what now ?

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

bombs has too low radius now … everybody avoid them …

nades gone ...what now ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

ROFL.

Growing up is awesome retrospectively.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

nades gone ...what now ?

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

bombs has too low radius now … everybody avoid them …

This will get fixed.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

nades gone ...what now ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Still use nades, they haven’t become worse since the patch dps wise. They still stack vuln better than anything else and they still deal great damage. I don’t know what this is all about … just because some obviously buggy trait has been disableded, everyone loses their minds?

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

nades gone ...what now ?

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

Funny thing is that you’re not supposed to take Grenadier in PvE. Glass Cannon is better overall DPS.

So these guys crying about our DPS getting nerfed really just aren’t thinking straight.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

nades gone ...what now ?

in Engineer

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

Still use nades, they haven’t become worse since the patch dps wise. They still stack vuln better than anything else and they still deal great damage. I don’t know what this is all about … just because some obviously buggy trait has been disableded, everyone loses their minds?

i agree. The only difference is, that grenade barrage doesnt one shot anything anymore, which is good. Still does great damage, still get alot of kills. Only lost the crappy ‘oh-crap—time-for-you-die’ button

nades gone ...what now ?

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

yes i went back to nades and they are strong , really strong. Having mortar for range and fields and nades togegher is really fun.