need advice on confusion bomb build

in Engineer

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

Hey so with the sad news of upcoming turret nerf, my wvw roaming build might be gone. I’m not good at ground targetting so grenades won’t work for me. I saw this confusion/bomber build with rabid armor and runes of perplexity that intersted me.

What traits should I run or any advice or tips I can get with the build would be much appreciated.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

Bombs are the most fun i have in gw2 and hope you enjoy them as well!

A few ways to go about it. P/S is going to be best weapon set up. Shield has a knock/back and mid-range interrupt with shield 5 which has great synergy with perplex runes. Trait set-up is up to you. Great thing about engi’s is you have some wiggle room to personalize your build.

You can go 6/0/0/6/2, 4/2/0/6/2, 6/0/0/4/4, 6/2/0/4/2… you get the idea. Dire and or Rabid is the gear you want. I use a mix of both. If you go full dire (low crit rate), sigil of intelligence should be strongly considered as it will guarantee incendiary powder procs.

You will want toolkit to go along with bomb kit if you didn’t already know

Third utility for roaming is again personal preference. You will want to use either slick shoes, elix s, or rocket boots. I like rocket boots for the disengage abilities(is amazing with smoke field) plus an additional blast finisher You will have zero stun breakers with boots; however, and will need to stay on your toes. A tendency with bomb builds is to wade too deep into the fight.

Good time for a tangent, you will want to get very good with your blast finishers, the main one’s you’ll want to focus on are stealth with smoke bomb or heals with healing turret’s 2 water fields (1 on toolbelt). If you find yourself against a bunker in a long fight, use your fire field for might stacking before you apply your burst.

As far as combat goes your best combo will be as following (i would wait for the villain to use both dodges before) Drop your big ol’ bomb while standing next to it then magnet pulling them into your BoB, pry bar right as this goes off. If they are in the middle of casting you will interrupt them proccing perplex runes with an additional 5 stacks of confusion From here you can shield 5 into a glue bomb fire bomb, then knock them down again with shield 4 knock back… This will upset some people.

You have so many tools and fields to work with this build, it can handle almost anything if you got your head up.

Last piece of advice… Throw wrench. This is often over-looked in condi builds. It is; however, a 100% projectile. Most of the time (when wrench is available) I will throw this right after i lay down a fire bomb. Even if your opponent kites out of your fire-field you can still land an additional burn with your wrench.

Hope this helped and happy hunting

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

in Engineer

Dolt.2731

Oh you can also run EG as your third utility, my bad… just get used to about-facing eg#4 for disengaging.

in Engineer

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

Thanks for the advice! I do kinda like rocket boots, but too bad no stun breaker in this build. My biggest problem right now is learning the best rotation. I’m a bit stressed from learning right now so taking a little break. But the rotation is pretty tough and big learning curve it feels like with all the skills that u have to switch to quickly.

in Engineer

Dolt.2731

There isn’t really any rotation. You’ll just have to take some licks as you get used to kits. I imagine coming from turrets is a bit of a curve. You can check out metabattle.com as well. They have a fairly solid guide in the double kit condi roaming build. I think Kiroshi has a video guide on that site as well. Bombs away

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

Eight,
Are you aware that Perplexity in WvW does not do the same damage as in PVE? It’s not that great of a condition in WvW.