nerf grenade range

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

grenade’s 1500 range is just making no sense. how throwing grenade by hand has more range than rifle’s 1200 range?
I mean, how throwable projectile by hand has longer range than gun? it just make no sense. it should be nerfed to 600range. Can you throw ball faster and longer than gun’s fire? nope that wont happen in real life.

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

suspend your disbelief

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Hmmm. Let’s plop in an Engi-logical way this could work out.

• Built-in rockets? Hell, the ’nades do have a trail behind ’em.
  • Lighter-than-air gasses used in the construction of the grenade casing?
  • Powered assist options in Engineer armor?
  • Engineer. Combat. Drugs.
Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

More importantly, how do we create an infinite amount of grenades? Kits should be like conjures and run out after a certain amount. And where do turret come from? Engi should have to stop and build them for 2-3 seconds before they become functional. And how do engineers propel themselves by shooting the ground? If the rifle is that powerful, the recoil from the autoattack alone should send them flying. And why can a rifle shoot nets? How does a full net get compacted to the size of a bullet and then open up as soon as it leaves the gun. How does Magnets (pull) work?

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

For reals, man. My Charzooka should be at least 2000 range with that barrel it has. When I see someone with a popgun, it’s so tiny and annoying I think that the player using it has to be such a weiner – the range on it should be like 200.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Since we talk about ranges here… they should let us change skills on the weapons to turn the rifle to a proper shotgun with conic aoe attacks (like rifle 3) and give the nade kit a handheld grenade launcher…maybe like an 18th century one.. aka this thing

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8e/de/31/8ede318d8fc8ea8ffe16f6ee7747450e.jpg

One can dream i suppose

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Are you seriously bringing real world physics and logic into a fantasy MMO? That is where your logic is flawed.

In that case, how can a profession realistically call in a storm of metoers? How do thieves go completely invisible? How do warriors and rangers leap 1200 with a greatsword?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

It doesn’t make sense that Rifle damage gets higher as you stack Power… do you uh, pull the trigger extra hard or something? Final Fantasy 12 (twelve; XII) was pretty logical on that, all Guns have a set amount of damage and don’t scale.

If I could throw grenades farther than a gun can shoot, my throwing arm must be so buff… I think it would make logical sense to have my Prybar hit 10k.

And how does dropping a ton of metal in a wooden crate on top of someone not crush his cranium and insta-kill the poor sod? Where did the crate come from? So many questions…

To be serious though… most of the work of the nades is done <600 range anyway (throwing nades at feet one of Engi’s best bet at close range pressure with a rifle). The 1500 max range throws won’t hit anything except downed bodies because it’s so slow.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

What about the box of piranhas? I don’t think it’s possible to train piranhas you shoved in a box to eat the face off your foe only

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Ralkuth.1456

And all the explosives (+piranhas) you set at point blank range… How the heck are we not on fire/missing limbs? That’s just totally broken permanent self-zerker stance.

Enable friendly fire pls

5 useless class titles

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: dereck.8354

dereck.8354

Of course, I agree, isn’t possible to throw grenades farther than shooting a rifle. Although, it’s possible to create clones, to become invisible, use lighting daggers, throw orbs from scepters, and so on. kitten engineer, don’t follow the logic of life as other professions do.

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: MonMalthias.4763

MonMalthias.4763

Grenade Kit’s problematic aspects have never been about its range. Certainly, spamming nades on point from 1500 units sounds like it’s extremely powerful, but it also neglects the fact that the further Grenades are from their origin, the more telegraphed and more obvious their landing point. There’s even helpful little red circles that change in glow intensity as their detonation nears; although visual tracking of the projectiles is more than sufficient.

Where GK has been a problem has always in each and every single case warranting rebalance – in short range (<500 units) to melee range (~130 units)

In 2012, we saw the emergence of 100nades, which was double-proc Grenade Barrage from Kit Refinement and Toolbelt skill – in sub-melee range (<100 units) – to instantly 100-0 an opponent. Chaith and Natty Angus Wrench can attest to this. Also the time of the decline of Power Engineer; which was already on its way out due to Teldo’s Condi Node Fighter dominating.

In 2013, The GK autoattack was nerfed by 33% in Power coefficient – again, because it was clearly outcompeting Bomb Kit and Rifle at a wider set of ranges and was inherently safer.

Late 2013 again, we see Poison Grenade being nerfed in seconds of Poison applied per pulse – again, because “shotgunning” Poison Grenade at melee range allowed one to triple-stack the fields, thus building 60+ seconds of Poison on targets within seconds.

Grenade Kit is still meta for Engineer even now after these nerfs, because no other kit encompasses the following:

• Snap counter-pressure from melee range all the way out to mid-long range.
  • Extreme condition diversity
  • High Power coefficients allowing for efficient Hybrid build options
  • High Condition duration that forces cleanses, if not dodges

I think it’s very shallow and almost 2012 to think of Grenade Kit being strong on Engineer because its long range is somehow toxic; when it’s clearly powerful to the point of OP in melee – short range and; if you watch Engineer streamers play, it’s how GK is used most of the time.

Nuking a point from 1200-1500 hearkens back to the days of HGH. The game, and the players have changed. The argument that it is somehow “immersion breaking” to have an Engineer’s throwing arm eclipse that of a firearm in range was also wheeled out…in 2012.

Perhaps Kitt, a Warrior main, would like a return to those days immediately post Quickness nerf. I get the feeling that it wouldn’t be “immersion” that brings him down.

Iva Malthias – 80 Engineer
Marellune Malthias – 80 Elementalist
Devil’s Dominion [DD] – Yak’s Bend

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I support the grenade range nerf when they deal 10 times the damage, when all explosives cribble, may blind, and permanently bleed enemies. Some may inflict perma burn too. And then the mortar gets 5k range and oneshots everything.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

mortar already one shots all the ambient creatures.

also the range on mortar is lacking, it should have near infinite range and be able to target through the minimap!

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Ah Kitt. The warrior main who confuses burst skills(f1) with elites.
Amazing ideas as usual!
“Nerf everything, buff warrior”.

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Ralkuth.1456

mortar already one shots all the ambient creatures.

also the range on mortar is lacking, it should have near infinite range and be able to target through the minimap!

That will be the day, when people regard Mortar with the same amount of dread as the Trebuchet…

5 useless class titles

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: Patxiku.9312

Patxiku.9312

So do you want to nerf the range of granades because it doesn’t make sense in a game where can throw fireballs, become invisible and other illogical things?

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

So do you want to nerf the range of granades because it doesn’t make sense in a game where can throw fireballs, become invisible and other illogical things?

They make sense in a high-fantasy setting. Throwing grenades further than you can fire a rifle makes no sense in any reality.

But I think it’s more like our rifle AA needs a buff. For a start, the engineer fires his rifle like a shotgun, what kind of idiot does that?

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: dereck.8354

dereck.8354

But I think it’s more like our rifle AA needs a buff. For a start, the engineer fires his rifle like a shotgun, what kind of idiot does that?

Oh man, this is the funniest thing about using the rifle with engineers: shooting like a shotgun. The warrior shoots from the shoulder, and it isn’t “that fun”.

If you guys want some reality in games, you need to look for a simulator, not an RPG. Lol.

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Oh man, this is the funniest thing about using the rifle with engineers: shooting like a shotgun. The warrior shoots from the shoulder, and it isn’t “that fun”.

If you guys want some reality in games, you need to look for a simulator, not an RPG. Lol.

You know immersion is rather important right? I don’t think GW2 aims to be Goat Simulator v2.

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: JEFFARR.8163

JEFFARR.8163

Such dumb
Very nerfy
Anet plz
Don’t listen
Thank you

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: Werkuh.2579

Werkuh.2579

next thing coming: engineers don’t have to reload their rifles, fix plx… and if you want to have it realistic… make it happen that you can headshoot people on 10k+ distance and they drop dead on the spot without downstate. No shiny armor stops a bullet and no warrior can run faster than a bullet (though not sure about that)

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

1500 range shouldn’t exist in the game regardless of class.

Säïnt

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Realism aside, untraited Grenade kit could have a decent 900 range, still useable. Traited with grenadier should retain its 1500 range but add a new kit effect, specificly give a grenade launcher. Nothing else needed. Not even this much is needed actually.

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Only problem i have with the grenade kit (except for having to hammer that 1 key) is that its range and mobility makes the mortar elite pointless.

Heck, you would think the Silverwastes would be a perfect place to use the mortar etc. Nope. Either the mobs are so close to the wall you can’t hit them, or they are so far off you can’t reach them…

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Definitely don’t touch them, we’ve suffered enough nerfs in the 2 years this game’s been out. It’s time for some buffs.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Only problem i have with the grenade kit (except for having to hammer that 1 key) is that its range and mobility makes the mortar elite pointless.

Heck, you would think the Silverwastes would be a perfect place to use the mortar etc. Nope. Either the mobs are so close to the wall you can’t hit them, or they are so far off you can’t reach them…

To me, that is a problem with a mortar and has nothing to do with grenades. By that I mean, I feel there are ways to give the motar value to a level that they are not comparable.

Prove it.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

nerf grenade range

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Considering the 1200 range of rifles on warriors and their snipe ability yeah, we deserve a 1500 range on at least one of our skills. I’ve been having a blast in PVE using grenades on enemies from the top of bases with condi abilities. It’s very fun to have that range in PVE. Enemies can still throw things at me so I’m not immune to damage up there so there’s no exploitation going on, it’s just fun keeping those little guys off me while I help all of the Greatsword users down below. :P

Like I was saying in another thread, decisions like these shouldn’t be pure PVP because their have been too many pvp decisions that have drastically nerfed this class in PVE causing all kinds of holes in it’s design over the past 2 years that they’ve never fixed, like the replacement of the condition removal outside of being full elixir, every build I’ve had to use since has always had to have 3 points into elixir because if you don’t use 3 points into elixir your weak vs condition removal to the point of stupidity whereas before with kit refinement even with the 10 second cooldown you at least had 3 heals to keep condis off you relatively well, 2 on EG and the turret. Now you have 1 on EG with a CD and one on the HT and that’s it without those 3 points in Elixir to keep condis off you or you absolutely have to buy one of the new sigils which often interfere with dps builds in PVE just to have a change to remove condis on crit which actually doesn’t help the power/condi builds at all in PVE.

So you see how that works, every time they nerf something because of their e-sport nonsense they never fix it for PVE and it ends up harming either diversity in builds in PVE which they never fix or it makes a hole there in which you absolutely have to spend gold to try to fix it and even then there’s no guarantee it will work well.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!