new Engi and Imbued Shaman

in Engineer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

I am very happy with my just leveled Engi, but I got to fight Imbued Shaman.

I’m running a typical nade build (30/10/0/20/10) so no issues staying alive, but man, to target the nades… that was a nightmare.

Do you change and take a rifle or is a matter of time until I do it right?

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

in Engineer

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Nope, you gotta keep throwing them nades, boy.
And it’s a real pain yes, because you have to be constantly moving around while aiming nades at the boss while keeping him on your screen incase he targets you.

I suggest you to go with any combination of Nade + Bomb/EG/Elixir U/Elixir S/Toolkit whether you’re going to be more offensive/defensive or group support focused.

Here’s a video, I was still fairly new at engi and low fractal level but you’ll get the idea:
http://youtu.be/1qZILUusnC8

Oh and no, don’t take rifle, either P/S or P/P, shield 4 can save your life when the elems spawn and the pistol 5 is pretty nice to control them.

(edited by Krag.6210)

in Engineer

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

You can take the rifle if you like, Its the weapon I take in. Just remember to add jump shot to your combo fields for that leap finish. As you know you can leap after your healing turret combo, or your poison nades, smoke field ( if you need time to heal or res ) and any other fields your party might have.

Just be carefull of your powershot , you dont want to push yourself into the lava pools because its really hard to res friends on them. Also try and net the boss when you feel like he’s about to put his sheild on to by you sometime.

Although everything else krag says I agree with.
Also another general tip is: try and keep the boss in the middle of the map, it gives you all more time ( generally ) to take down his sheild unless you get lucky with which human he wants.

Sarah

in Engineer

Posted by: Linc.6834

Linc.6834

Are you Power spec’d? (zerker gear) if so you really should’ve been using a rifle the whole time. Immobilize helps tremendously at landing nades. I rarely use the auto attack on grenades anymore, in zerk gear I just use #2 and 4, and add in 5 if I’m conditions, #3 can save your’s or your buddy’s life with that blind so save it for that.
Just because you can nade from 1500 doesnt mean you have to, I find it best to stay just out of AoE reach on this boss (in fact I find ~600 range to be ideal for nades in almost any situation)

Also I’ll say that since you hit 3 times every attack you are probly THE best at getting his sheild down asap

in Engineer

Posted by: bromi.7809

bromi.7809

Grenades on this boss are extremely valuable due to 3 attacks, no? Drops shield much faster.

in Engineer

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Grenades on this boss are extremely valuable due to 3 attacks, no? Drops shield much faster.

Nope, only one stack goes down per skill, that means even your Poison Dart Volley only removes one stack, the best thing to do is probably auto attack with pistol 1 or bomb 1, drink your Elixir U if you’re in a hurry.