new patch

new patch

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

Ht cast time … heavy nerf ?
pistol pistol cd reduction and increase of damage … will condi build pistols based be ok again ?

new patch

in Engineer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Pistol/Pistol is still terrible.

You still lack all the things you were missing before and the extra couple stacks of confusion and slighter more burning will do nothing to mitigate the amount of cleansing. 14% damage increase on Fragmentation Shot will not even be noticed.

P/P still has no real control or defense to it. Shield is still total garbage so P/Sh isnt a thing either.

Overall they buffed skills that won’t see any play in sPvP regardless of other changes.

Hammer Scrapper will still be king.

new patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

engi got nothing but nerfs , shredder gyro got its damage raised to what 200 from 20 ? but now it only lasts 6 seconds so scary bruh

new patch

in Engineer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I can see why the nerfs came but the healing turret nerf seems like a bit much. And we really don’t have a shield still. Nor a 3rd inventions GM.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

new patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Buffs are meaningless, nerfs are substantial, and some things that worked nicely in PvE are made useless due to PvP (no, seriously, tell me why one should even bother using slick shoes now).
PvP is nothing but a bane for this class.

new patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Beyond the turret and shoes, what got nerfed?

new patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Buffs are meaningless, nerfs are substantial, and some things that worked nicely in PvE are made useless due to PvP (no, seriously, tell me why one should even bother using slick shoes now).

TBH i found blast gyro to be more fun to use than slickshoes especially with final salvo.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

new patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

TBH i found blast gyro to be more fun to use than slickshoes especially with final salvo.

It’s not about fun. Slick shoes was crucial when you wanted to defeat gorseval. You have to break it’s bar as fast as possible. That was the ONLY unique role an engineer was able to serve. Now with the change to slick shoes, this is gone.

new patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The new patch totally broke the gyro scrapper.

Final Salvo is bugged, doesnt give lightning field or superspeed.
Blast gyro broken.
Gyros no longer activate it separate from other skills, activating them will break them (ie ressing, stomping).

new patch

in Engineer

Spartacus.3192

It’s not about fun. Slick shoes was crucial when you wanted to defeat gorseval. You have to break it’s bar as fast as possible. That was the ONLY unique role an engineer was able to serve. Now with the change to slick shoes, this is gone.

Sorry i was speaking from a PVP perspective. I dont do raids/dungeons/fractals so forgive my ignorance.

new patch

in Engineer

Spartacus.3192

The new patch totally broke the gyro scrapper.

Final Salvo is bugged, doesnt give lightning field or superspeed.
Blast gyro broken.
Gyros no longer activate it separate from other skills, activating them will break them (ie ressing, stomping).

This will get fixed im sure. bound to be bugs on patch day which is why a lot of people dont bother playing for the first few days.

new patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

After they fix bugs, I think scrapper will still be our best build in PvP. It’s just Blast Gyro + Final Salvo now instead of Slick Shoes.

Until Final Salvo is fixed, though, I’m just going to mess around with the new amulets and try non-scrapper condi again.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

new patch

in Engineer

Spartacus.3192

After they fix bugs, I think scrapper will still be our best build in PvP. It’s just Blast Gyro + Final Salvo now instead of Slick Shoes.

Until Final Salvo is fixed, though, I’m just going to mess around with the new amulets and try non-scrapper condi again.

Ive liked blast gyro with final salvo better than slick shoes ever since Basz wrote it about it on this forum. With slick shoes nerf i can see this being the meta going forward.

new patch

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

Just going to drop in here that I felt the nerfs were pretty rough until I swapped from Paladin’s to Mender’s.

Now it feels just like before, and without any real significant impacts to damage.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

new patch

in Engineer

Spartacus.3192

Just going to drop in here that I felt the nerfs were pretty rough until I swapped from Paladin’s to Mender’s.

Now it feels just like before, and without any real significant impacts to damage.

I played with menders a couple weeks ago and felt i lost way too much damage

new patch

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

I tried pistols with toolkit, elixir U, elixir C and elixir X , with mercenary , intelligent sigil , aristocracy and alchemy , tools and firearms and it seemed to me quite strong . 8.34secs of quickness every 36 second is really strong and also pistols now are not that bad if coupled with toolkit and power wrench .

new patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

While I don’t disagree about engi’s only “unique” raid role being removed, it’s pretty obvious that what slick shoes did against gorseval and sloth was way beyond what a single skill should be able to achieve. It isn’t like it’s impossible or even difficult to break the bar without it, slick shoes just allowed every single other person in the squad to ignore the break bar and continue DPS. This seems to me to be the opposite of what a good boss mechanic should be.

And while this probably means people will stop taking engi against gors, I think it will stay in sloth comps and may even be added to sabetha comps that used two necros. The cooldown reduction on blowtorch is substantial considering it was already the highest damage condi skill besides a full duration napalm. The static shot buff is also nice, since that can be one of the higher damage condi skills if you get it to hit your primary target twice. I believe it also received an unlisted buff of having its cast time reduced to 0, though I’ll have to check that when I’m able to log on again. If you’re running a comp that relies heavily on epidemic, then the burn (and confusion) stacks are extremely valuable because there will be very few of them from any other source. An engineer increases the value of epidemic substantially, so I wouldn’t surprised to see it stick around.

new patch

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

Versus Paladin’s? It’s the same amount of power. You’re just offsetting some precision for healing power.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

new patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Versus Paladin’s? It’s the same amount of power. You’re just offsetting some precision for healing power.

aka a big loss of damage

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

new patch

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

aka a big loss of damage

Not really. 50% crit rate with Elixir B is plenty enough, especially when you can outlast 1v2s just like before.

But hey, run whatever you want.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians