new pvp builds ?

new pvp builds ?

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

In the end, they buffed Ft, bombs , shield and rocket bots. I think that in next season many people will play condi engi again, but… how ? any new build interesting to try ?

new pvp builds ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

Been trying the use of bombs without being traited (because you know, survivability traits first), it has his moments, but i feel that utility googles its performing even better than bombs for the moment, needs further testing, an yep, im speaking ina condi engi build, taking those ones over tool kit, the rest is normal.

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

new pvp builds ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Cava.7254

Cava.7254

As former bomb tryhard i thought.. well just a minorbuff, which doesnt do anything.
But i still gave it a try cause good ol´ times and it doesnt work at all in competitive play.

1v1 wise:
on rabid you feed condi charakters aka necro/mes/warrior
on sage you feed druids/revs/dhs even proper thieves.

overall the dmg on bombs (few seconds burn/5 stacks confu) is so weak and the powercreep so ridiculous, that this kit just scratches hot builds, which is insane considering this kit held ppl of node pre hot.

new pvp builds ?

in Engineer

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Correct me if I am wrong but, conditions on bomb skills wasn’t buffed right? It was the raw damage. I doubt bombs will do better now than before as a condition build alternative.

My 5 cents.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

new pvp builds ?

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASlcThatY7Ww6KQ7FLTGF9fn37t4zcABw469eRAA-TJBFAB/XGo99HI4BAAwFAAA

I have posted builds here before. My FT builds got no nerfs and saw an ever so slight improvement from the air blast change.

I’ve found though that since everyone seems to be running more bursty builds now, that it is impacting my survive-ability as I kind of skated the just enough defense line before.

Before patch I was able to beat most meta engineers I met in 1 v 1’s. After odds are more in my favour. I was told by folks whom I beat and asked me for my build, then eagerly tried it, that it did not work for them however. I think playing meta puts you in a slightly different play style mindset.

NOTE: you don’t play the same role, you are an in and out sort of player when you use this builds.

new pvp builds ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Correct me if I am wrong but, conditions on bomb skills wasn’t buffed right? It was the raw damage. I doubt bombs will do better now than before as a condition build alternative.

My 5 cents.

They did buff the confusion duration on concussion bomb from 5s to 8s, which is nice, but not particularly game changing.

new pvp builds ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

I am sorry, I can’t make a condi-scrapper nor a condi-engi working since the dread Engi Killing June 2015 patches.

It’s less bursty than before.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

new pvp builds ?

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

Giving you an update!

I can conclude, bomb kit stills peform awful, tried it over tool kit, and over flamethrower, you cant make the people eat all the damage, so its not worth it.

I tried shield too, trying to make the poison damage more painful, but it was still very bad, not enough damage, and the stun was pretty much invisible, his impact was so minimal, the stun was lost in all the caos of the match, and the shield was traited still, so awful compared to pistol off-hand, shield 4 was also a downgarded version of tool kit 4, so that skill didnt did his job well too.

In the other hand, utility googles did showed me some good matches, i managed to do some great burst with it, and sometimes i could pull 20 stacks of vulnearbilty thanks to kinetical battery, i took it over tool kit, i dint had so much trouble surviving as i did with the other builds.

Summary:

• Shield not worth it
  • Bomb kit not worth it
  • Utility googles can work over tool kit

Tomorrow ill make some power build tests, see how rocket boots peform now

The build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalcTh6rYbXwWLw6FLsFF4HWiBwYOOG/oYHNFPBA-TJRFABds/QynAgzLDAwDAAA

(Remember that gw2skills it’s outdated btw)

(edited by Ivantreil.3092)

new pvp builds ?

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

I really don’t like scrapper.
This is the build i am using since start of season 4. It has a great burst but you have to play it as old sd berserker build even if you are condi .
Elixir S and elixir U are a great couple : Elixir U gives you a really strong bust to use as alternate of FT toolbet skill and also give you a projectil reflection, a great skill.
The only class really hard to fight are warriors for their resistance and some dh , not all. In any case,quite often , i am loosing i am able to stealth and run away. If you play as “+1” in a team fight you can be devasting. Try it for fun. Obviously is not ESL.
Scrappers can be an issue too .. but it depends … many time you will kill them if you play smarty .

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUhatY5Vw+KQ7FLsFlYHNFPxYOOG/I4HWiBAA-TJhHABAcCAA+BAQx+DeXGAA

The idea obviously is to kill before be killed … I am also evaluating a variant based on alchemy , firearms , inventions with shield traited but the problem is dps … it is quite low so i have to think it better to be viable …

(edited by PierPiero.9142)

new pvp builds ?

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

This is the build i am using since start of season 4. It has a great burst but you have to play it as old sd berserker build even if you are condi .
Elixir S and elixir U are a great couple : Elixir U gives you a really strong bust to use as alternate of FT toolbet skill and also give you a projectil reflection, a great skill.
The only class really hard to fight are warriors for their resistance and some dh , not all. In any case,quite often , i am loosing i am able to stealth and run away. If you play as “+1” in a team fight you can be devasting. Try it for fun. Obviously is not ESL.
Scrappers can be an issue too .. but it depends … many time you will kill them if you play smarty .

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqalUUhatY5Vw+KQ7FLsFlYHNFPxYOOG/I4HWiBAA-TJhHABAcCAA+BAQx+DeXGAA

The idea obviously is to kill before be killed … I am also evaluating a variant based on alchemy , firearms , inventions with shield traited but the problem is dps … it is quite low so i have to think it better to be viable …

I use that build sometimes too, quite bursty :P, my only issue with it its that the toolbelt is situational, even at safe stomping, but still, a good choice imo :P

new pvp builds ?

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

I use that build sometimes too, quite bursty :P, my only issue with it its that the toolbelt is situational, even at safe stomping, but still, a good choice imo :P

It is a fun build , not made for ESL but it can be really strong. It is situational , true, but you have 2 great source of damage, elixir U and toolbet skill. and if you begin with elixir U … dodge and activate kinetic battery , you can use ft toolbet twice. It is really an absurde burst. Obviously you have to play as a thief …. but it is really really fun for me . And in any case you have 2500 toughess, not as rabid but not that bad… and elixirs remove conditions . You have not the sustain of scrapper, but with stealth , elixir S, toss elixir U and a bit of attention you have a little sustain too . I tried the classic build with toolkit but for me i was not able to win 1 vs1 quite often. I lasted more with toolkit but it is hard to make sufficient damage to kill before be killed. With this build instead, i win more often becouse i lose a great block from toolkit, yes… but i gain an absurde damage and against range classes like rangers or pistol thief toolbet elixir U is great

(edited by PierPiero.9142)

new pvp builds ?

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

It is a fun build , not made for ESL but it can be really strong. It is situational , true, but you have 2 great source of damage, elixir U and toolbet skill. and if you begin with elixir U … dodge and activate kinetic battery , you can use ft toolbet twice. It is really an absurde burst. Obviously you have to play as a thief …. but it is really really fun for me . And in any case you have 2500 toughess, not as rabid but not that bad… and elixirs remove conditions . You have not the sustain of scrapper, but with stealth , elixir S, toss elixir U and a bit of attention you have a little sustain too . I tried the classic build with toolkit but for me i was not able to win 1 vs1 quite often. I lasted more with toolkit but it is hard to make sufficient damage to kill before be killed. With this build instead, i win more often becouse i lose a great block from toolkit, yes… but i gain an absurde damage and against range classes like rangers or pistol thief toolbet elixir U is great

idk why, but tool kit simply doesnt work for me, utility googles, elixir u, elixir b or rocket boots have done me a better work for me than tool kit

I feel that too, tool kit has more survival, but you dont damage more than the other options that i mentioned, i guess pry bar cant carry the kit so much after all.

new pvp builds ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

idk why, but tool kit simply doesnt work for me, utility googles, elixir u, elixir b or rocket boots have done me a better work for me than tool kit

I feel that too, tool kit has more survival, but you dont damage more than the other options that i mentioned, i guess pry bar cant carry the kit so much after all.

You don’t take toolkit in a condi build for prybar. You take it for the vuln & cripple covers on throw wrench and the auto, and the repeated application on box of nails, which will let you pressure eles with diamond skin up and give you a much better shot against anything with high condi removal (read: most of the meta). On top of that you gear shield, which is still the 2nd best defensive skill core engi has when traited, and an unblockable CC that is still great to use as an opener or for baiting defenses with stows. There are a ton of fun things you can do with the kit like proccing on-swap sigils and other effects while blocking, and playing mind games with magnet, which is twice as fun if you have toss elixir s stealth as well.

new pvp builds ?

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

You don’t take toolkit in a condi build for prybar. You take it for the vuln & cripple covers on throw wrench and the auto, and the repeated application on box of nails, which will let you pressure eles with diamond skin up and give you a much better shot against anything with high condi removal (read: most of the meta). On top of that you gear shield, which is still the 2nd best defensive skill core engi has when traited, and an unblockable CC that is still great to use as an opener or for baiting defenses with stows. There are a ton of fun things you can do with the kit like proccing on-swap sigils and other effects while blocking, and playing mind games with magnet, which is twice as fun if you have toss elixir s stealth as well.

toolkit is great but it is not as easy to burst as with elixir U. I think that the classic ft, tk , elixir S build condi is really really strong but not so easy to play becouse you have 2 melee weapon … and a mid range weapon. Taking Elixir U instead of toolkit makes you a little weaker becouse you have no block , you have to stay away for your opponent but your burst is great and consistent. It is much easier to put burst with it than with toolkit. Even if the build toolkit in good hands is stronger

new pvp builds ?

in Engineer

Posted by: ampy.1387

ampy.1387

The pistol/pistol build isn’t new. Engineers were condi to begin with with the occasional rifle build (RIP).

Music is the Weapon of the Future.

ïryss | Engineer

new pvp builds ?

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

I saw an engi in pvp playing a Rifle + Gadgets decap build. He was actually pretty good at it .. but I still destroyed him by waving my Necro scepter at him a few times. I I felt bad because here’s a guy playing a skill build well and I just come over and faceroll him with autoattack.

Same with the p/p condi builds people are trying these days. They load me up with burn stacks – I transfer them back immediately and can do so like 4-5 times a minute.

Someday I’d like to go back to playing my rifle engi in pvp, but can’t even consider it with the current balance.

new pvp builds ?

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

I saw an engi in pvp playing a Rifle + Gadgets decap build. He was actually pretty good at it .. but I still destroyed him by waving my Necro scepter at him a few times. I I felt bad because here’s a guy playing a skill build well and I just come over and faceroll him with autoattack.

Same with the p/p condi builds people are trying these days. They load me up with burn stacks – I transfer them back immediately and can do so like 4-5 times a minute.

Someday I’d like to go back to playing my rifle engi in pvp, but can’t even consider it with the current balance.

Condi engi vs necro is a sudden death match, if engi loads his conditions and gets into elixir s in time, engi wins, if the necro transfer the conditions to engi in time, necro wins :P (implying both classes didnt took other condi cleanses.)

(edited by Ivantreil.3092)

new pvp builds ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I’m busy trying to figure out how we might need to play differently to make bomb kit work. I’m sure someone out there has figured it out possibly…

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)