new pvp builds

new pvp builds

in Engineer

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

I am trying this 2 builds for me new and i find that they work quite well. These builds are only for people who love nades

I love pistol pistol but sadly firearms is not in synergy with nades and i don’t love to play with ft .
So i decide to give up with incendiary powder and burning and to try a different approch.
The idea is to mix direct damage and condi damage .
Conditions come from exper examinations with shield and blast gyro , from nades and pistol . Direct damage comes from nades and blast gyro .
Mercenary amulet have good damage and good condi damage so i tried a mixed approch.
Shield is an obliged choice becouse i need a block and i use it to trigger expert examination.
The first build is based on alchemy. You can chose different runes. I used traveler becouse i don’t like to play without 25% speed. I use purge gyro becouse it helps me against necros

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqenUUBlYhdpCuoCEqil3i6bomwAQ8iaikge3/9hH-TJRCQB9Z/hEWGIAnAAA8AAAA

The second build is quite the same. the difference is that i take invention instead of alchemy .
In this second build i can use bulkwar gyro or purge gyro, it depends on the opponent team. The reason i suffer less condi with this second gyro is that every 45 seconds i can use sneak gyro and it activates rune of lyssa so i can convert up 5 conditions in to boons. bunker down can be usefull with nades becouse you can crit up to 3 times for launch ( from wiki) so you will trigger it in nades every 3 attack . Usually i use nades 2 as 3rd attack . the 20% shield reduction here is usefull for defence and for attack .

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqenUUBlYhFpCuoCEqil3iie3/9h/bomwAI8FioUD-TJRCQBB4EAAgHAQCLDwj9HAA
As i explain before , in the first build i did not chose rune of lyssa for the speed .
Have fun and tell me

new pvp builds

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

they are not better than meta, they are something different for bored people ( like me ) so don’t tell me meta is better, i know it already

new pvp builds

in Engineer

Posted by: basz.6129

basz.6129

Want different and (semi)viable?
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqanUUBtbh9dBGpCEqiF2iaMHHjvA8DLxAgO4H+kH-TJhHABAfCAA4BA4dZgX2fAA

This is very effective if you know how to use your condi application to cover burning. Also the build allows you to take a punch. Or 3. Can always stack might, + toughness bonus proc. It works. Not meta, but can beat metabuild in right hands.

new pvp builds

in Engineer

Posted by: Akira.5746

Akira.5746

[P/P with Gyros] is very effective if you know how to use your condi application to cover burning. Also the build allows you to take a punch. Or 3. Can always stack might, + toughness bonus proc. It works. Not meta, but can beat metabuild in right hands.

I use roughly this build for WvW roaming and it does work. I personally use Sinister w/ Berserker runes, trade E.Gun for FT+Kinetic Battery and run Last Salvo over AA to compensate for the stun break loss (you still have Reactive Lenses, stealth and 12s Stability).

Place your cover condis (Pistol 235), stack your burns quickly (Rocket Kick, Pistol 4, FT34) and then run or pressure with Pistol 1. If they cleanse it, try again in 15 seconds (Pistol 4/Rocket Kick cds) or 45 seconds (Gyros+Kinetic Battery+Incen. Ammo cds). Use your Function Gyro to stomp.

new pvp builds

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

how can you manage a condi bomber like a necro ?

new pvp builds

in Engineer

Posted by: Akira.5746

Akira.5746

how can you manage a condi bomber like a necro ?

Good use of Sneak Gyro after the bomb is your one and only way. You don’t want to fight them head-on, and for them in particular you don’t benefit as much from adding cover condis (since you can’t cleanse your own bombs).

Pick your battles.

new pvp builds

in Engineer

Posted by: basz.6129

basz.6129

[P/P with Gyros] is very effective if you know how to use your condi application to cover burning. Also the build allows you to take a punch. Or 3. Can always stack might, + toughness bonus proc. It works. Not meta, but can beat metabuild in right hands.

I use roughly this build for WvW roaming and it does work. I personally use Sinister w/ Berserker runes, trade E.Gun for FT+Kinetic Battery and run Last Salvo over AA to compensate for the stun break loss (you still have Reactive Lenses, stealth and 12s Stability).

Place your cover condis (Pistol 235), stack your burns quickly (Rocket Kick, Pistol 4, FT34) and then run or pressure with Pistol 1. If they cleanse it, try again in 15 seconds (Pistol 4/Rocket Kick cds) or 45 seconds (Gyros+Kinetic Battery+Incen. Ammo cds). Use your Function Gyro to stomp.

Hah, I use it in wvw too. My playstyle supports small groups at most. I enjoy roaming, I also don’t have the patience to grind sinister/viper recipes. It’s actually a build I played pre Hot in spvp with surprisingly effective results. Power builds are just not something I worry about, can stack even more sustain with rabid stats. Have definitely taken down 2v1 power rev in wvw, and if you are careful it’s capable of downing necro. Particularly effective against ele.

I like EG>all because of the low cooldown light field. 3 blast finishers and defensive field means dh kill them selves more often than not. Thieves, same deal. Bounce shot is also surprisingly OP.

I like your build for zerg, it’s got the deeps. I will eventually get around to grinding the recipes, and yours is probably what I would use for pve or raid. I use scrapper line purely for the sustain. Dont have to worry about aggro in wvw so undead to stack toughness which dumps a little more mmph into condi dmg. I have a variation I play with FT too, depends on what I’m doing and how stealthy I need to be. If I am soloing a tower, bulwark ftw. If I am running and gunning, FT. I usually keep bulwark slotted unless I’m grouped, just in case I cross path with necro.

new pvp builds

in Engineer

Posted by: Tristan.5280

Tristan.5280

Nice build Piero! It reminds me the dear old Celestial P/S but with Gyros. I will give it a chance. Unfortunately, Scrapper Meta is way too good at the moment, so i think that your build it will loose vs good Condi reapers/mesmers/revenant, but i will try it anyway

new pvp builds

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

Nice build Piero! It reminds me the dear old Celestial P/S but with Gyros. I will give it a chance. Unfortunately, Scrapper Meta is way too good at the moment, so i think that your build it will loose vs good Condi reapers/mesmers/revenant, but i will try it anyway

with mesmer you can win becouse nades destroy quite easy their clone . it is not simple but posisbile .With revenant and necro it depends on kill level. Obviously don’t stay on them . For necro blast gyro is quite strong . Obviously it is not like meta, meta is really really strong, but the real problem is that after a while meta is really really boring. I had no more fun with scrapper so i tried something different… otherwise i changed class ( i found mesmer quite fun in this meta )

new pvp builds

in Engineer

PierPiero.9142

this is another build which gave me fun and which “works” … ( it is not meta but it has a completely different gameplay) . Rune of lyssa are a must. … stealth away and clean 5 conditions . Blast gyro is quite strong for interrupt people with no stability . combo with toolkit, if well used in stealth are really strong. Rocket boots … why ? becouse i loved it very much at begin , becouse rocket kick is another strong source of burning every 14 seconds and becouse rochet boots with F1 means heals and run.
I found this build strong. try it . probably i am not alone to play it .
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqanUUBtoilcB+dBEqiF2iC8DLxAgO4H+kfsNGjfE-TJhAQBQsMgGOBADZ/BA8AAAA