not sure what i should be doing

in Engineer

Posted by: shurick.7054

shurick.7054

since anet with their infinite wisdom decided to nerf the hell out of our grenades i am not sure what i should be doing anymore.
i like doing dmg, but engis just doesnt seem to excel at that anymore. and i am getting sick on being one-hit by lupi for no good reason.
should i just swich to a new char until something gets buffed up?

in Engineer

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

Are you saying you wont get “one-hit by lup” with the +30% damage to grenadekit1?

Even a War would get “one-hit by lup” unless he has full soldier gear so i doubt switching will make any difference.

in Engineer

shurick.7054

was thinking to swich back to power pre con

in Engineer

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

I rolled a necro. It’s supposedly the second worst class in the game. It’s amazing how much better it is than the engineer though…

in Engineer

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

I rolled a necro. It’s supposedly the second worst class in the game. It’s amazing how much better it is than the engineer though…

I have a Necromancer too and love him to bits, almost as much as I love my Engineer. When discussing things like “best” and “worst” I think it’s probably worthwhile talking about specific areas where that is true. For example my pistols Engineer can out-farm any of my other characters hands-down … there’s just no comparison; my Warrior can put out a ridiculous amount of burst damage; and my Necromancer is incredibly tanky. So if we’re talking about “best” and “worst” then specifics are useful because I honestly don’t believe there’s such a thing as a universally “best” or “worst” class. This is not to say that Engineers and Necromancers don’t need some (a lot of) love to fix the broken parts of the professions … just that to have a dialogue about these things we need to be clear.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Engineer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Necro being the second worse? Where did you get that?

I used to think that, until I started playing spvp and learned from great necromancer videos. Even if they have a simple mecanism (DS), necromancer are really hard to play and to be efficient. You have a lot of positionning, DS dancing, and kitting.

But once you learn it good, they are the king of Ranged AoE damage/Condition. Epidemic is just crazy. I wish I had it on my engineer.

But serousily, most Top tPvP team have a necromancer in their team. Don’t underestimated necromancer. They have a lot of bug yeah, but they still do very well!

Engineer isn’t the best class for PvE, but you can still dish a good amount of damage. Since you are using grenade, you can stack a lot of vulnerability on ennemies for your team. Kit refinement with the 100 nade combat do a really good burst of around 10k-14k damage.

Don’t just spawm #1 grenade, use every one of them, especially #2 that does much direct damage and add a Bleed or fire don’t remember. Then switch to rifle and continu your damager with blunderbuss and jump shot.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

OP I’d switch to another one for now. I’m not logging in until they fix this class and restore loot personally but you go ahead and switch to another class as you can see by my signature there’s one in the game that seems to be immune to nerfs entirely.

As far as necros go. Even as bunker builds necros work so much better then engineer. In one of my posts about why the sister adventure classes do so much more initial damage then the engineer does even tho they are leather wearers as well, I go over the fact that there is a non-tooltipped effect when using the condition abilities on Ranger and Necro that the engineer doesn’t get. There’s an initial burst of damage before the condition damage begins. Try it out, record side by side the damage of the attacks that apply conditions and you’ll see what I’m saying. I don’t have recording but I wrote down the differences between my all condi engi and all traps/bleeds ranger and the difference is just sickening.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

shurick.7054

I used to think that, until I started playing spvp and learned from great necromancer videos. Even if they have a simple mecanism (DS), necromancer are really hard to play and to be efficient. You have a lot of positionning, DS dancing, and kitting.

But once you learn it good, they are the king of Ranged AoE damage/Condition. Epidemic is just crazy. I wish I had it on my engineer.

But serousily, most Top tPvP team have a necromancer in their team. Don’t underestimated necromancer. They have a lot of bug yeah, but they still do very well!

Engineer isn’t the best class for PvE, but you can still dish a good amount of damage. Since you are using grenade, you can stack a lot of vulnerability on ennemies for your team. Kit refinement with the 100 nade combat do a really good burst of around 10k-14k damage.

Don’t just spawm #1 grenade, use every one of them, especially #2 that does much direct damage and add a Bleed or fire don’t remember. Then switch to rifle and continu your damager with blunderbuss and jump shot.

But that is the thing!! i don’t just sit there and spam the #1 grenade i use all of them its just that the dmg output is not the same anymore!. My rifle is capable of doing more dmg than the #1 nade. However I totally agree with you regarding the vulnerability stacking, it is awesome and really is contributing(same goes for all the other conditions that i apply).
I am not sure where to take it now… used to wear full berserker, with ogre rune.
for traits i had 30/30/0/10/0.. i am considering now switching to rampage gear(inc jewls) and change the traits to 30/20/0/20/0…

in Engineer

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

Any English language speakers out there tonight? Oh wait, internet forum… silly me…

sup·pos·ed·ly
Adverb

According to what is generally assumed or believed (often used to indicate that the speaker doubts the truth of the statement).

Synonyms
presumably – presumedly

To quote a brilliant mind…

Yeah, I feel like the necro is pretty strong. They’re probably at about mid-level strength. Once their many bugs are fixed and ANet starts giving them some love like the elementalist got they’ll be in a really great place.

It’s a common misconception since it is such a subtle profession.

But serousily, most Top tPvP team have a necromancer in their team. Don’t underestimated necromancer.

Yeah, I know a couple of them.

However I totally agree with you regarding the vulnerability stacking, it is awesome and really is contributing(same goes for all the other conditions that i apply).

Depends on where you’re using it. Condition removal is (generally) too strong in PvP. If I see vulnerability, I remove it. So does everybody else. There is some potential for a great build there though, I’ll give you that. The engineer needs a lot of work to make that happen though.

(edited by Zonzai.2341)

in Engineer

shurick.7054

Agreed. Hope something will get buffed for us in the upcoming patch

in Engineer

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

OP I’d switch to another one for now. I’m not logging in until they fix this class and restore loot personally but you go ahead and switch to another class as you can see by my signature there’s one in the game that seems to be immune to nerfs entirely.

As far as necros go. Even as bunker builds necros work so much better then engineer. In one of my posts about why the sister adventure classes do so much more initial damage then the engineer does even tho they are leather wearers as well, I go over the fact that there is a non-tooltipped effect when using the condition abilities on Ranger and Necro that the engineer doesn’t get. There’s an initial burst of damage before the condition damage begins. Try it out, record side by side the damage of the attacks that apply conditions and you’ll see what I’m saying. I don’t have recording but I wrote down the differences between my all condi engi and all traps/bleeds ranger and the difference is just sickening.

If you want to bunker, you don’t want to do it with a necro. Only stability being accesible by 180 CD elite? 2 1second fears and 1 short range knockbacks…

Necros are supposed to stay at the back, apply a crapton of conditions to enemies in team fights.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸